“Great Time... Don't hesitate”

Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
Ranked #20 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
warwick
“Great Time... Don't hesitate”
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Went for a week from New England looking for a nice week in the sun. The staff at the Reserve were very attentive and courtieous. Can't find a bad word to say. Grounds were very very clean and food was excellent. A little trouble with the language but we managed to get through it. Would not hesitate to go again. For those who read the reviews and are concerned that they've made the wrong choice I was in your shoes. It was very nice and recommend it. Thanks for Jackson and Alvin David for always being so outstanding.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank boppaWARWICK
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2010
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire Paradisus Punta Cana staff and myself, I must say that we experience a great satisfaction when we receive so many memorable remarks from our valuable guests.
I want to thank you for the flattering comments towards to me, also, I feel proud and grateful for your compliments on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by all members of our staff. We will gladly pass on your compliments to each of them.

Best regards,

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,173)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed November 4, 2010

My nephew's wedding was beautiful and well directed. I would highly recommend this location for that purpose and if you enjoy sunbathing and water sports.
This is an"All Inclusive" resort located on a beautiful beach. The service was courteous, friendly and very responsive. We had an issue with the A/C which was resolved within minutes. Our rooms were upgraded to The Reserve by the bride's mother and were very comfortable and included many amenities. Mold allergies did flare up due to the indoor fountain outside our room.
The food at the restaurants and room service was very good for the most part. Service was very slow and they mixed up our orders at one of the restaurants. However the service at the buffets was good.
I most enjoyed the ocean and wedding activities. The least enjoyable aspect for me was that the setting did not have a natural feel. It was beautiful but highly manicured and I missed the chirping and bird calls I had expected to hear. This is also not the vacation for those who enjoy sight seeing and exploring on their own.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank owgii
Prince George, Virginia
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Ok short and sweet. I stayed in the Royal Service for my honeymoon. I read the reviews and saw the bad ones..made me worried of course. Basically the food wasnt amazing but was good with a variation of selections everywhere. The beach was awesome helpful service from runners to get drinks etc. (Royal Service perk). Had a ride no matter where we wanted to go just had to call(another perk, resort is very large). Had interesting classes, free snorkeling and other watersports. The bugs were not bad at all which was another thing I was worried about. I honestly have nothing bad to say about it. Our butler Jose and the Royal Service Concierges were always more than willing to help with anything.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 26, 2010

At our arrival at the Paradisus we were welcomed by Juana with a delicious Paradise coquetel. Nothing can beat this all inclusive Resort, We're from Brazil and not many destinations can beat our beaches, but Punta Cana really is the place to go. At this Resort the staff made us fell at home, the room was cozy and roomy and we were surprised with the multiple choices of restaurants. That is were We met Anly Vasquez "Angie", our hostess and angel. She was very cheerful and pleasant, at every restaurant we met, she would introduce my daughter to other kids and offer great tips and suggestions.
The Melia staff arranged our site tour at the Palmas Real Resort where we met Oliver He showed us what "Melia is all about", my daughter could not agree more. Both hotels offer top class service, full of activities to excite all kind of guests with a family/couples only program that offers more then you would expect.
Back to our Resort, we experienced a sushi and painting class, enjoyed the Caribbean music and shows. There we learned that Dominicans believe that at Paradisus Resort you can became Japanese during sushi class, a painter and entrepreneur with a taste of merengue between.
At the beach club, thanks to Julio and Mateo we enjoyed boat rides around the island, watched the Dolphins and did some snorkeling. I recommend to all.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This past summer my sister and law planned a girl trip to the resort..... We had an excellent time.... We never left the resort once.... There was soo much to do... We lounged on the beach, there were many activities throghout the day. In the evening more than five restaurants to choose from. A show was put on everynight. They had a small disco for dancing afterwards...
The employees were courteous and kind..... We are thinking of returning SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank vkb_10
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I traveled to this resort in August with our parents, grandmother, siblings and nephew, who is two. The resort had something for everyone and was small enough that we could get around easily (using the golf cart shuttle). The pool and beach are amazing and are large enough that everyone has space and a place to sit. The biggest problem we had was that the service was less than optimal - we had to wait for a really long time if we requested anything from the front desk, etc. All in all, the vacation was great!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank NittyBitty
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2010

My husband and I recently returned from Paradisus Punta Cana where we were married and had a small intimate wedding with just our closest friends and family. There is much more positive than negative and for all of you already booked or looking to book hopefully my review will help you.
For any brides out there that are getting married here and are stressed like most of us are then please know you will be at ease once you arrive. I am not going to lie I was extremely worried and stressed while working with the Romance Department prior to our arrival to Paradisus. I think a wedding is already overwhelming and when planning a destination wedding it makes it even more overwhelming. Just know in the end that it will all work out and your wedding will be beautiful.
As far as the hotel goes. We booked our stay in the Garden Deluxe room but were upgraded to The Reserve and it was beautiful. Unfortunately I cannot give a review for the Garden Deluxe but I will say that those rooms are the closest to the beach if that helps at all. The Reserve is towards the front of the resort which is closest to the GABI restaurant where you have breakfast every morning. There is however transportation through out the resort that travels about every 5-10 minutes but honestly if your wearing flips and not high heals the walk isn't that bad. It's actually kind of nice if the weather is nice.
I was very iffy of this place after reading so many of the negative reviews but like other positive reviews have said if you go into this with an open mind and positive attitude it totally makes a difference. I was a bride who American Airlines lost her luggage and a best friend ended up missing her flight which made her miss my wedding so it was hard to have a positive attitude but once I was there and was treated extremely well it made all the difference in the world. I did hear that the resorts busiest times are April through August. The resort holds up to 2,000 people and when we were there we were told there was only about 300 people staying there. I'm sure that is a perk to being upgarded and treated so well but in all fairness when the resort has 2000 people compared to 300 I'm sure there is going to be a slight difference in hospitality. One would hope not but numbers don't lie. As far as the heat goes, well I am from Florida so I can't complain. There is much more of a breeze then Florida. If you are from up North I can see how the weather would be HOT, humid and exhausting but all I can say is pack light clothes and you practically live in your bathing suit most of the time anyways. If you travel in the hot months then yes expect to be uncomfortable but no offense no one said to travel to the carribeans in the middle of summer and not be hot. There's a pool within walking distance from anywhere, jump in..your on vacation...have fun!
Fuego was my favorite restaurant. That is where we had dinner the night of our wedding and all of our guest loved it too. We liked it so much we went back 2 nights later. Sakura was good, not great. The atmospher is just like a Kobe's or Benihana. We had our rehearsal dinner there and if anything it was fun! There is a wait so make sure you put your name on the list (we just went to the lobby bar and drank until it was our time to come back). Vento was good. Didn't eat at El Romantico or Qi. Rodizo was ok, I would skip it. The Gabi was nice everyday for breakfast. They switch up the menu a little each day so it doesn't get old. Vito was ok, I recommend only getting pizza from there (especially the banana and blue cheese, sounds crazy but it's crazy good). We went to the Seafood restaurant but ended up back at Vento. Can't review it but nothing looked appealing. The daily lunch buffet at The Grill restaurant on the beach was good, just like the Gabi how they switch the menu up a little each day. All and All the food was good. The only food that was great to me was Fuego. The food is very salty but it is a country where the food is shipped in and there are a lot of preservatives. Again your on vacation, enjoy the all inclusive and being waited on!
The Resort employees are very nice and accommodating. I was so upset about my luggage one of the Reserve Lobby employees called American Airlines for me. The main lobby bar is a cool atmosphere and the staff is very friendly. They work very hard and "LOVE" our tips...a dollar goes a long way there.
Lastly, the "concierges!" Are they annoying....yes. Is that their job..yes. They are in sales. Just tell them "Sorry I'm not interested one time...okay maybe two times and they will leave you alone. The excusrsion people on the beach can also be annoying but after seeing you for a couple days and recognizing your face they do start to leave you alone.
I'm sorry for the people that had negative reviews and were not able to experience their vacation as our guest and us did. We had a great time, great service and I would definitely recommend this place.
Oh and p.s. I would bring bug spray. I actually believe they are called sand gnats. Its inevitable when your surrounded by sand.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple