$463
$159
Official Site
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$211
$164
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$372
$282
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$152
Hotels.com
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$266
$156
Melia.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$475
$371
$355
$274
Bookit.com
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$258
Excellence Resorts
Barcelo Bavaro Palace(Bavaro)
$311
$243
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$333
$260
14,796 results
All reviewsroyal servicethe reservemolegabi beachjensy rijojuan cruzthe grillsanto polancodinner reservationsyhi spaswim up barmain lobbykids zonedominican republictime sharepersonal butlerdestination wedding
Reviewed June 5, 2006

When we first arrived a the resort we were really impressed on how beautiful it was. Check in was nice followed by a refreshing drink. Gorgeous nature with Paradise Park with monkeys and talking parrots and more-our kids 18m and 6yr loved it!

The pool was very clean the first two days, but the day on our leave the water was filthy and filled with dead flying creatures. The only + is that the water is very warm and my kids enjoyed it very much.
The restaurants sucked BIG time and I am not exaggerating! Very little variety of food at the buffet and same thing every day at the Grill. French restaurant was the best. Even in the restaurants where you have to make reservations the food was disgusting.
The beach is absolutely gorgeous!!! Very clean with flour white sand, it was our favorite.

Very good service and People are very friendly and always smiling. One thing we were furious about when we were asked to take a tour to the Paradisus Palma Real, we went there out of curiosity with probability to travel there in the future.. The guy named Christian at the buffet sent us there telling us it would take 10 min to drive and you will have a dinner at that resort. When we arrived after 20 min we were escorted throughout the resort and then were told that they didn’t have a restaurant here and we would have to go to Milia Carribe Tropical to have a dinner there. With two hungry kids, no way! We argued with them for us have a dinner and then preached by some British guy for 3 hours about some Membership time share offer for $64,000 dollars! They trick all the people hoping to sell their membership and of you are smart enough you will not fall in their trap! So don’t even go there, we wasted the whole day. Anyways, that’s not the point, I am just warning you.

In general, our kids had a very good time, the kids club was great with great activities and majic show, soccer and climbing mountain, pool and dinner, disco and flamingos and much, much more! For us, it was ok, we weren’t to excited and expected much more but the kids had a blast.

Good luck and have happy travel!

• Stayed: June 2006
14  Thank Margo222425
Reviewed June 3, 2006

We just returned last night from our second trip to the Paradisus PC staying the week following Memorial Day. Our last visit was during peak season in February 2005 during winter break and this is our first trip to the DR in the official "off-season". The weather was spectacular. We had been watching the forecast for the week prior and were concerned about the chance of thunderstorms every afternoon. Well, the weather channel was incorrect. Every day except for one was beautiful unfiltered sunshine. The worst day had some morning light overcast that quickly cleared and a cooling 20 minute afternoon rain shower was just in time for a needed siesta.
Our last trip to 'Paradise' was just that. The only thing that was found to be noticeably different was that due to low census (we nearly had the resort to ourselves, not jam packed as last trip) there were alternating restaurant closures that we did not expect. The usual choice of 10 restaurants was cut by 2 and 3 respectively for dinner. To our surprise, even the reservation restaurants (Japanese and French) took their turn of having the night off. The closures were posted every afternoon, which left some time to alter our plans. Despite that, the cuisine continued to be as excellent as ever with lots of international choices for mildly discriminating palates. The service remains very good considering the pace of the Dominican people is not the NYC style we are accustom to in larger American cities.
We considered upgrading to Royal Service on this trip but did not do so after finding out that if you are on a return visit to the resort (which does require proof) that you can request a room upgrade with your booking agency. We were told in advance that it was based on availability and were not sure if we would get the upgraded room but we indeed did receive the upgrade. We were placed in the Service Reale upgraded deluxe junior suite without the butler services. During our last visit, we looked forward to reading the morning International copy of the Miami newspaper with breakfast or at the pool. Be advised that the hotel states they no longer have the paper available to its guests. They did attempt to go 'above and beyond' by kindly printing off the Internet version of the paper.
Despite again being a great vacation to the Paradisus PC, just a few minor details kept it from being as good as it was the first time. No matter, we will likely return again!

• Stayed: June 2006
11  Thank smurton
A TripAdvisor Member
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed June 1, 2006

This is a beautiful resort and a great place to go and relax which was our goal. The grounds are unbelievable - tropical flowers everywhere. There are even speakers inconspicuously all around the grounds so you hear music all the time. The beach is great - wasn't prepared for the topless sunbathers but had no problem with it...just surprised! We loved spending the morning on the beach in one of those huge beds and then after lunch, it was off to the pool where we stayed close to the swim up bar - be sure to try the Banana Poppa drink...yummy! We had massages by the pool and I had a pedicure at the spa - both were super. The only thing that wasn't great was the food. We actually found the best food at the buffets. The worst was at "El Romantico" - a French restaurant where you needed reservations. It was just terrible. The Italian and Mexican were okay. AND...we actually won at the casino! Another thing I wasn't prepared for was the communication problem...it would be good to have some undertanding of Spanish. Overall, it was a wonderful 6 days.

• Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 31, 2006

My husband and I just returned from the Paradisus we were there from May 20-27th and had a great time. This is our 2nd time at the hotel we had been in Oct. 2003 for our honeymoon. This time around we had the Royal Service and I think it was okay but for us not really worth the extra money, I think really what you are paying for is the better room. I LOVED our room building 19 room 1195 it was an ocean view which was great. With the Royal Service you have your choice of pillows and when I called for pillows he wanted they didnt have any and also they ran out of beach towels for the Royal Service however I did enjoy the use of the computers and the a/c breakfast. We had perfect weather all 7 days and the beach was amazing we loved the swim up bars and the food was okay you are in a different country so its NOT the food you are used to eating at home. We did not do any of the tours this time around but we did back in 2003 we did the atv's and that was great and we did the speed boats and that was fun to and we also swam with the dolphins and that was okay. I would recommend doing the atv tour out of all of them it was a blast. Everyone was very friendly the workers and all the people we met on the trip. I would recommend the Paradisus its clean and the grounds are amazing. feel free to contact me if you have any questions

• Stayed: May 2006
12  Thank KAMCG
A TripAdvisor Member
new York
Reviewed May 31, 2006

My husband and I just returned from Paradisus Punta Cana. We were there from May 27th thru May 31st. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and I could not have asked for a better place to stay. The service was incredible. When the young lady making our dinner reservations found out it was our anniversary she surprised us for dessert with a whole delicious cake which read "Happy Anniversary". I thought that was so sweet of her. I don't know if everyone else did but as a welcome I received a beautiful plant and a bottle of wine sent to my room. The atmoshpere was nice it wasn't there busiest time of the year which was great. The beach was incredible, the hotel was beautiful, the pool was great the restaurants were wonderful(my favorite was the mexican restaurant and the steakhouse).
You must try the papaya and banana smoothie at the breakfast buffet(yummy).

Stayed: May 2006