My fiance and I went here on a one-week vacation last year. Safe to say, we were disappointed. Upon arrival at noon, our room was not ready, which is not that big of a deal. But, we were told to come back at 2 PM, which we did, only to find nothing was still ready. At 3 PM, we got our keys, only to find out our luggage was missing from when we dropped it off upon arrival at the front of the hotel. After 15 mins, our luggage was found and we took the tram to our room. The room was still being cleaned! After a half hour, we went in to find two double beds when we had reserved one king. We called the front desk and were told another tram would pick us up to take us to another room, which took another half hour. When we got to the next room, there was no lock in our safe to store our personal items. So, we were really held hostage in the room for an hour before a staff member came with a replacement. On the third or fourth day, we came back to the room to find a huge puddle of water on the floor from our in-ceiling air conditioning unit. We called management, who sent a repairment to fix it that minute. The only problem was that we were getting ready to go to dinner and we then had shards of aluminum, concrete, and plaster all over our room, not to mention a greasy staff member in our room with our valuables that we did not trust. All in all, the management of this hotel is a joke.
We agree that the beach and pool are adequate, though forget about finding shade on the beach. The chairs do not have covers for shade. Seating by the pool is not normally an issue.
The food is, in a word, atrocious. My fiance got sick on the first day, and I got sick on the last. The food is NOT for Americans. You might find one or two items the entire week to stick with for breakfast and one or two restaurants for dinner. The only real restaurant is the Romantico, which is booked solid EVERY night.
Best of luck if you're considering this "resort."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury suites and an exclusive garden villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own casino, an incredible spa for kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 royal service suites and 4 ambassador oceanview suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront garden villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort