“Great Vacation”

GreenLeadersGold level
Wasaga Beach, Canada
“Great Vacation”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We returned at the end of March from our first visit to Paradisus Punta Cana and enjoyed it so much we are planning to take our family along next year. The weather was perfect every day and the entire resort was lush with vegetation and so beautifully taken care of. I was unfortunate enough to break my ankle just prior to our trip, and when we arrived the staff provided me with a wheelchair and moved us to a ground floor suite as close as you could possibly get near the pool area and the restaurants. I was very impressed with how spacious and clean our room was, the friendly and ever helpful staff, and just the overall feel of being well taken care of in a tropical paradise. We recommend making reservations for the various restaurants as soon as you arrive because they are all beautiful, very different and the food is very good. And the main buffet featured such a varied menu selection to capture everyone's tastes. I could not use the beach this time, but it looked so beautiful, clean and white.
Our special thank you to Kirsy in Naos who was there with my cappuccino and a warm smile every morning when I sat down for breakfast, to Leida who gives such wonderful massages, to Francisco for his friendly and helpful service, and to Julio and Fernando at the M Bar for their jolly nature and great service. The staff were exceptional - we've been to many resorts in the Caribbean and we have to say Paradisus must do an amazing job as an employer, because the staff were the best!
We'll see you again next March!
Donna M

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Donna,

For me it is an honor to have this direct contact with our guests, thank you for your excellent comment.

I regret the inconvenience you've suffered with your ankle, but I'm glad that you felt more than satisfied with our treatment and care. We care a lot and all we wanted was to make of your holiday a memorable experience and is exactly what we have achieved.

Our associates are always on the lookout for all our guests as we serve with devotion and dedication, that is why our hospitality goes naturally and purity, I'll congratulate our collaborators Kirsy, Leida, Francisco, July and Fernando for such good care and services provided; I assure you that they will be very happy to hear how happy you felt.

Regarding the reservations for the restaurants I would like to inform that we are working to add extra spaces in our restaurants for better flow reserve so all our guests can enjoy our exclusives.

It will be a pleasure to have you around here again and be able to enjoy of our beautiful beach and all our facilities.

My best regards.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,131)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed April 28, 2014

After 5 trips, Paradisus Punta Cana's accommodations are no fluke....it is by far one of the best All Inclusive properties our group has experienced.
The staff is second to none. EVERYONE is pleasant, accommodating, professional; just down right friendly!
This year we had the opportunity to meet additional staff; Cristy,Christopher and Nathaneil, all part of the VIP service. While the entire staff is helpful, these three individuals made an otherwise relaxing week beyond our expectations. Their dinner suggestions were perfect, each restaurant was delicious (they helped with booking the reservations). Any "problem" we may have encountered was addressed by one of these individuals. In short, what is normally a perfect vacation spot was perfect x 10 thanks to our new "friends"!
In addition to the exemplary VIP staff, the restaurant "manager" Marina? was also a great addition to this staff. Each night she found us at the various restaurants, inquired about the food, service, etc. If we encountered a problem, such as at Vento; our table was unavailable due to the prior reservation, she accommodated our party of 6 at a different table.
I would like to add, though, that in years past my favorite "treat" was the fresh fish offered at the lunch buffet in what is now called the Gabi Beach restaurant. I was disappointed to learn last year that it was removed from the "menu" and still this year has not been brought back....PLEASE RECONSIDER! Also, another menu suggestion; at Vento; the baby squid stuffed with octopus in an ink sauce is no longer offered...AGAIN. RECONSIDER ;-)
We look forward to returning next year and reacquainting ourselves with our old "friends" and our new friends.....Thank you for another fabulous experience!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Gabbie,

Receive sunny greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana

There is no better recognition of a job well done that the full satisfaction of our guests, and that is exactly what we the whole Paradisus team feels to know that we made of your stay an unforgettable experience.

Our main goal is to achieve the total satisfaction of our guests, which is why we put our special and warm touch in everything we do.

It is very satisfactory to know that our team was able to exceed your expectations, you can be sure that I will congratulate you on your part to Cristy , Christofer , Nathaniel and Marina for their good care . They and all our team will be more than pleased to welcome you once again in our property.

Regarding your favorite dishes, do not hesitate on asking for this food on your next stay and you can rest assure that our chef team will gladly prepared it for you as our guests tastes and preferences rest on our responsibility.

Feel free to contact us for your next stay.

Best regards.

Freetown, MA
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We (my wife and I who are "senior citizens", our daughter and son-in-law, and two grandsons ages 15 and 11) returned yesterday from a week at this Resort. The weather, the beach and the beautiful pool were terrific. The resort was full because of U.S. April vacation, but there were plenty of comfortable chaises at the beach and pool and there was plenty of friendly staff. The waitstaff in the restaurants were really friendly and helpful, especially Marlene Perez in Naos, one of the two buffet restaurants. There was also plenty of shade at both places for those of us who want to stay out of the sun. The air-conditioning was very quiet and the curtains really made the rooms dark when closed. The Resort looked and felt tropical. That is, beautiful (real) trees, shrubbery and flowers everywhere, as well as flamingos, herons, and turtles. This trip was to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary and the resort went out of it's way to treat us like royalty. Christi in the VIP lounge took care of us, upgraded our room, made sure that our two junior suites were next to each other, made reservations at the restaurants for us and did other things to make our stay very special. The boys had a great time, too, and really enjoyed the tall rock-climbing wall. The evening entertainment was better than most, especially Lion King, and Bounce (Stomp!).
Now for the caveats. Make reservations at the restaurants for every night as soon as you arrive to get the times you want. The dinner restaurants are all beautiful, different from each other and very good. There is one for every night. Breakfast and dinner is buffet only in two restaurants. No a la carte. We like a sit-down choice at least for lunch. I do not recommend paying extra for "Royal Service", because the pool and the beach is the same for "Royal" as it is for everyone else. Royal does get you service on the beach. The Royal Service rooms are adults only. I would also not pay extra to stay at "The Reserve", a family section, which has it's own pool but is not that different from the other pool, and is very far from the beach and most of the restaurants. There is tram service to move you from the Lobby and Reserve area to the beach area, but the trams do not really run "every 15 minutes" as advertised.
The major issue that causes me to rate the Resort 4 stars instead of five stars, is the constant hounding to take a tour and listen to a presentation for the "Melia Club" Only agree to listen to them if you plan to buy in on the spot. The enticements offered are not worth much and are certainly not worth the time spent which will be much longer than promised. These "salesmen" are disguised as nice guys who want to show you the resort. They assail you every day around the beach restaurant area. Maybe I am overly sensitive to high-powered sales, but that's not why we went to this beautiful Resort.

Room Tip: Look at the layout of the property on-line. Buildings 10 and 11 are the closest to the pool, the bea...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank plubin
Dear Plubin,

I appreciate that you have sent us your feedback about your stay in our hotel as is always willingly receive the perceptions of our guests.

I am glad to know that you and your family were able to fully enjoy all our facilities and installations, but also that all of our team made you feel home, especially Cristy & Marlene Perez; they are definitely a great point to our hotel.

I'd like to make reference to some points mentioned by, as the beach area of Royal Service, let me please explain to you that this is a separate adult -only area and cared by our team since this is private space with different facilities, we have three beach areas on our property which are the Reserve for families, Royal for adults and Paradisus the standard beach divided.

Regarding the restaurants reservations, I am pleased to inform you that we are working to add extra spaces in our restaurants so all our guests can be able to enjoy of all our restaurants a la carte.

I’d like to also inform you that for lunch we offer one of our restaurants a la carte which is the Aqua plus the two buffets.

About the club Melia team. Let me sincerely apologize for the perception you got, since the sole intention of these people is to introduce and provide new products and services of our brand to our guests , however I truly appreciate that you have highlighted this, as corrective measures shall be taken into account to avoid some similar confusion in the future.

Me and my team we would be very happy to receive a second chance form you, I assure you will have a pleasant and rewarding stay. Thank you for your preference.

Best Regards.

Sparta, New Jersey
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had another amazing return trip to Paradisus Punta Cana. Visiting in April was very different than July because the weather was so much better! Still warm but hot humid. I would go anytime though.:) If you are trying to decide where to go in Punta Cana...THIS is the place you need to go. Look nowhere else. The service is out of this world and the people are the nicest people you will ever come across.

I was married here a year and 8 months ago, so this return trip was fabulous! I just want to mention a few people who we had excellent service from!

We were in the Royal Service section this time and had drink and food service on the beach. Jeremia Matos was THE MAN! Fantastic guy...so nice and so happy and fun. Jose Matiel Santos as well in the Royal Service beach service area!

At Passion and Palapa, Juan and Robelin are amazing. I cannot wait to go back and see them again! Great service, kind, and just happy people. :)

We did some activities,to. We had Margaret Inoa Paula for painting on the beach! Our sushi making class was AMAZING and the staff during this class were the AWESOME! Thanks Jose Fernandez (proud of my Spanish skills), Alejandro Castilla (SUSHI CHEF!!!), and Darlin Javier de Jesu.

Finally-our favorite bar tenders!! Francisco who was at Gabi in the AM and North Avenue Bar in the PM. Go visit him...he is great!! And then our people at the MBar in the evenings-Julio Garcia (who I remember from our wedding almost two years ago), Jose David Perez, and Dulce! So much fun, so happy....just great people.

Do not hesitate to book your trip here. We have also stayed in the reserve. You will NOT be disappointed in anything at Paradisus.

We took a catamaran lesson....so awesome!!!

Room Tip: Choose the Reserve....or Royal Service if you want the top!
3 Thank Kristyn F
Dear Kristyn,

After reading your review there is a deep joy feeling from our part since this is what empowers us to keep making the best of our job, since all we look for our guest’s satisfaction.

All of our guests are special to us, but you are already part of us and we sincerely appreciate your preference and loyalty, thank you for always choosing the Paradisus Punta Cana as your vacation destination.

When you came to celebrate your weeding we went out of our way to make you experience the best of that unique event in life and now we feel that you became part of our friends who always comes visit our property and enjoy every single service and facility we provide.

I assure you that all the names on this comments will be gladly congratulate by me for a well done job and very good attentions. Our team is responsible of making you experience the warm and caring treatment offer at our resort.

Your preference is what motivate us to keep making the best of what we do, deliver with motivation and serving as you deserve.

Thanks for your preference and recommendation.

Best Regards.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I've never been to Punta Cana before but I was told that it is beautiful.. Let me begin witht he check in. We get to the resort by 1:00 pm and ready for a day at the beach. Not to happen. We stayed in the Royal Service area as we wanted the benefits of the private pool & beach area for adults only. The first room they gave us was a junior luxury suite. I've stayed at many resorts and was shocked when I walked into this dak dingy room which smelled of smoke and the view was trees on top of the terrace and the view was another room. The toilet didnt work and the refrigerator was hot. Since we did purchase the upgrade of Royal Service we had a butler to assist us in the checking in and bringing us to the room. We were 2 couples and quites disturbed bu this"suite". So the butler calls the assistant manger and says we will hear back in 5 mnutes. That 5 minutes turned into about 20 minutes when I decided to call the front desk myself. I was told that this is the rrom we paid for but as far as I was concerned this room wasn't what the picture looked like and again stunk of smoke. We then proceeded to go to the "royal service desk where we were met by the asst manager. No satisfaction there. Now I ask for th Manager and we were told she ws out to lunch so again we are sitting ang waiting. The room upgrade was $300 per night for a better room which was wat we paid for the 5 days there. To make along story short we paid and extra $600 for the 4 nights and stayed in the ambassodor suites which was right above the concierge room. The rooms were very big and nice but the toilets are a problem there. While at the poolin the Royal service area the bathrooms were workng on and off all day which was very frustrating. For us not so much as our rooms were riht there but if you are not close by you had to use the athrooms which to me was very unsanitary. The food in Vento & Aqua was delicious. Lapalapa ok but the cook at breakfast really didnt understand any english and when you asked for eggs a certain way he didnt get. The disco which I thought was a disco in english played spanish music 3 out of the 4 nights we were there and the only people dancing were the workers which I couldnt quite understand. It actually pissed us off as we wanted to dance but were actually intimidated by the workers on the dance floor. I think it was Monday night that was the only night with english music. Not sure the higher ups know what is going on there but now you do. I'm going to say about 8 workers were dancing there each night except for monday. The rooms were not restocked unless you asked ie coffee, water, snacks. The Royal Service lounge is a nice thing to have but it should stay open later so when you get back to your room at night you can have a midnight snack. But it was very nice during the day. Not sure why you have to make reservations but you are asked to do that by the butler as soon as you get there which is pretty annoying since you never even got chance to look around and check the place out. So after waiting about 3 hours we finally got to the pool about 4 pm which is unacceptable to me since we hadnt eaten since about 8:00 am. Ok Now for the positives. The private pool is definitely beautiful. Especially since our rooms were right there and the beach was also right there. If you are nit in a room close to the beach then you have to take this bus all over the resort. Some of the restaurants are far and you have no choice but to take this thing. It was not bad Mon, Tues & wed but Thursday night was crowded and we had to wait for one to pass and the next one took awhile to come. They should put more on for thursday thru sunday. The casino is also very small, I mean very small. Naos restaurant is also very nice for lunch. The beach and is beautiful and the water was perfect. No rocks. Very nice. The pool on the royal service side was great and the best part was a gentlemen named Jeremiah who was at the pool for our 5 days there and was a wonderful, happy and attentive worker. Our butler Rodnan was also very nice but I think we kind of angered him on the first day when the NY came out in us after they brought us to our 1st room. All in all I would rate this resort on beauty a 5. On food a 3.5. On service at check in a 1 and service all around a 4. But overall rating a 3.5 Also they have top shelf liquor in the concierge lounge which was great. One more thing we wanted to work out and the gym was very far from our room. Best massage ever by Julie I think and forgot her partners name. Mindry by the north bar was great.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room close to the beach or you will be traveling on that bus thing that take...
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Horrible place, below par, a nightmare, and any other derogative you can think of. A family vacation for my wife and twin girls Hailey and Sofia during the month of April of this year. We arrived by car because we decided to rent a car and do some sightseeing prior to visiting Paradisus Punta Cana. To start we were given an apartment without doors in the shower room. After much arguing, were transfer to the upstairs apartment which was filthy, walls unclean, hair on the floor and a bed with 2 broken legs. My wife and I had to carry our luggage to the next room so we decided to just remain there and continue to call for room service for someone to clean this crime scene. Which they did over 2 hours later. This resort is situated in a large property and getting around can be very difficult, wherever you want to get to is far and you must wait for “a train” to take you there, the waiting can be lengthy. Also, there are several a la cart restaurants within the resort which are useless because there is never any available spot after 7pm or before 10pm. Now, because in later years this resort has advertise more in countries such as USA, many of the “less desirable” visitors have begun to appear around these locations. Fights, loud cursing and just disgusting displays of the USA culture are done daily by drunken USA-Black males and females which appear to have never visited any other place outside the tri-state area. One good thing you ask, the weather was great and no one got sick. In conclusion, my family and I will not visit this resort again and we wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this resort or get some boxing lessons prior to.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank CARLOS M
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The resort is beautiful. The grounds are well kept and we enjoyed walking around the resort. The food in the restaurants at Vento, The Grilll, Passion was excellent. We did not like the food at Mole. The buffet for breakfast and lunch was average. Our waiter Samuel Dimas was exceptionally good at his job and extremely friendly and accomodating.
Our room was below average. The first night we were biten by bugs and had to call maintenace to spray the room. The room was dark and dingy and outdated so we didn't spend much time in the room. The bathroom ceiling had a hole in it and I believe that's where the bugs were coming from.
If we had a better experience with the room I would have given the resort 5 stars.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Orysia,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us, because your points are always areas of opportunity that gives us the chance to innovate and improve.

I'm surprised you did not enjoy the food at our restaurant Mole which has a concept of Mexican food, also about our buffets which meet the highest standards of quality and a wide gastronomic variety for the enjoyment of all our guests.

In relation to your room officially would like to offer my sincere apology as due to the location of our hotel and our mangroves maybe we are exposed to some bugs which we handle with a strict program of fumigation in all our villas and hotel areas thus to avoid the presence of any type of insect. I would also like to point you room condition since it is not a common event at our resort as we take care of every detail in order to avoid any similar disliking of our guests keeping our rooms in the best condition possible.

However, I have to sincerely thank you for bringing all your observations to my attention since this helps us keep getting better.

As our collaborators put their biggest efforts to get to impress all of our visitors with their warm treatment, I will congratulate Samuel Dimas for such a great treatment and services.

Do not hesitate to contact us for your next stay; we are ready to make the best of your visit.

Best regards.