“Beautiful Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Montreal
“Beautiful Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We've stayed at the PPC (February 24th-March 3rd). To be honest, I wa a bit worried after booking due to some reviews below...All I can say is that our stay was wonderful! A definite must would be to book or upgrade to the Royal Suite. Everything is closer (beach, pool, restaurant, bars) and you feel in a different resort with perks. Check-in was quick and easy.

Restaurants a la carte were nice but not the best. We tried The Grill - OK, we tried Bana - OK, we tried Mole very good mexican cuisine. And then we gave up our other reservations since La Palapa was our favorite. With Royal SServe you have access to La Palapa with no reservation and the food is AMAZING if you love seafood - which we do!

Gabi buffet for breakfast, lunch & dinner is awesome - many choices for everyone.

The resort itself is very clean and extremely well kept. Staff extremely friendly and very helpful. Only complaint was that on our 2nd day our maid stole or lost\broke my boyfriend clipper because it was nowhere to be found in the room after 2 days. Just be careful with any electronic items you travel with.

Room Tip: Room on second floor-you hear less noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vally_Vacation
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Vally,

Receive warm greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

It is definitely a pleasure for us to read the amazing experience you had at our hotel during your beautiful vacation, it is a mission to comply that we have to make the best of all our guests vacations reason why we always provide our guests all their needs in order to make the best of your holidays.

However we are truly sorry to read that you have lost an item during your stay with us, it really impress us since it does not make any reference of our standards. Let us inform you that we count with a very strict security team that provides our guests safety and our associates are well trained with culture of service in order to take care of every single detail in order to get to exceed our guest’s expectations.

Nevertheless, we will definitely wait for you and make the best of your vacations, overall to make you experience our pure freedom to just be concept.

Thank you very much for have chosen us as your beautiful vacation destination.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,083)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Monroe township

I had an awesome time
Here at paradisus punta Cana, the respect and readiness from the waiters were remarkable, I felt at home the entire time. With the help from Felipe Mateo, eric David, Mindoro Sanchez, Marcelo Sanchez
, Alexander ozuna, and Fernando e.t., I felt at home and the service was awesome they were always polite and accurate with their work, I strongly appreciate their determination to make us feel at home, and all of these workers deserve a round of applause

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Receive sunny greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

We are glad to know that you had an awesome time at our hotel; we always put our biggest effort to make the best of your vacations in order to get to exceed your expectations through a memorable experience.

We will congratulate our collaborators Felipe Mateo, Eric David, Mindoro Sanchez, Marcelo Sanchez, Alexander Ozuna & Fernando for serving you as you deserved and for making you feel comfortable during your stay, we already consider you part of our big family.

You will always be welcome at your home far from home Paradisus Punta Cana.

Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

My daughter and I spent 8 days here, from February 4-12. We were there to attend my daughter's friend's wedding. The hotel was great, although my daughter did get quite a few bug bites. The food was really good too, and the hotel was clean and very welcoming. The beach was amazing; beautiful sand and water.
Two of the bartenders at our lobby bar were fantastic: Juan Gomez and Kelvin Rober Jorge. They were super friendly, and always had time to chat. Juan remembered what we drank, and always made us feel welcome. Really great guys!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jan,

Receive warm greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the rest of the world about your recent stay at our beautiful resort. It has been a pleasure for us to have served you and accommodated you as you deserved since we always put our biggest effort in order to make our guests experience our high service standards and our great facilities.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience encountered during your stay since it is not what our high service standards reflect.

We will congratulate our collaborators Juan Gomez and Kelvin Rober Jorge for a great service and a well done job.

We will wait for your return; do not hesitate to contact us.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Mother-daughter get away for reading week February 2014. We opted for the Royal service, which was worth it for La Palapa restaurant and the reserved beach section alone-make sure to ask for a building close to the pool; it guarantees proximity to the lounge, the beach, and all the main buffets. The staff were all amazing throughout the resort, but a small number of them are particularly memorable for how over-the-top accommodating and friendly they are; Surilenni, Fausto, Bilis, Wando, Mildred, the entire staff at La Palapa and the Royal service lounge.The food was superb at the restaurants; the buffets were more than enough for us, only went to 3 a-la-cartes. The beach was the best attraction of all, although it did rain briefly at least once daily and the waves were enormously powerful all week- (prepare for strong currents and lots of sand) the sheer length of the beach and the preservation of the natural trees everywhere was wonderful. The lobby and all the gardens in this hotel are THE most gorgeous I've EVER seen at a resort. There are entire sections where the wild environment is preserved-look for the stream full of fish and turtles! Superb effort to make the hotel look like it co-exists with nature, a huge challenge for a resort this size, which is so significantly large that there is a "bus" that drives around the entire complex every 15minutes, and bikes are available for loans! In short, I would go back in a flash, but for your FIRST trip to this resort, prepare for disorientation at the enormous size, understand that no food is available in the main lobby, (except for the one a-la-carte, all the restaurants are clustered near the beach), and extra activities such as scuba diving, body board rentals, sailing are all available for an hour included in the reservation fees! we discovered guests get one free scuba tank per day (I believe) on the very last day, so check it out down the beach at the PADI dive center.

Room Tip: I liked the buildings closest to the Royal Service lounge-near the beach, the pool, all the restaura...
Dear Rachel,

Receive sunny greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

To know that you had an excellent vacation at our hotel makes us proud and happy since it is definitely proof that we are achieving our main goal which is to make the best of all our guests experiences in order to gain their preference and make them feel comfortable and make them experience our pure freedom to just be concept.

Our collaborators are always in the best disposition to go out of their ways to accommodate our guests and get to exceed their expectations. We will congratulate Surilenny, Fausto, Billis, Wando, Mildred and the whole team at La Palapa and Royal Service as recognition of a well done job.

Thanks for have chosen us as your vacation destination.

Port Washington Ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Beautiful property. The pool and beach were truly a paradise. We were with a large group and in the beginning were blocked out of all the speciality restaurants. Nathaniel addressed our concerns and ensured that our group got access for a few of our remaining dinners. Nathaniel went above and beyond. He met us at our dinners to make certain all was in good order.
The property was overbooked when we arrived. We made Ramirez aware we were traveling with a large group and could not be relocated to another hotel in the area. He was caring and responsive and ensured that we were not moved. If he didn't do this our trip would have been ruined since all of our close friends were staying at the property.
The pools were beautiful. The downside was that the guests themselves would put towels by both the pool and the beach and it was difficult finding a place to sun bathe. The pool at the Reserve was empty but there was not on chair to sit on. It was surreal. I suggest management implement a policy to place a warning card on chairs not used within the hour. This will help stop the rude behavior of some guests. We all pay the same amount.
We would definitely go back!

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Guest,

Receive warm greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

We are happy to know that you had a good time at our hotel, since our mission is to make the best of our guest’s vacations and your total satisfaction is our top priority. However we would like to apologize for any inconvenience with the reservations for the restaurants since it does not make any reference of our high service standards.

Know that we will congratulate in an special way to our associate Nathanael Perez for being so helpful and accommodating since you deserved nothing but the best.

We have taken into consideration your observations and we truly appreciate your comments.
Thank you for have chosen us as your vacation destination, we will wait for your next return.

Suffern, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I am a book blogger with thousands of followers and have written hundreds of reviews. My philosophy is simple - "It's nice to be nice." I refuse to bash or negatively review books that I didn't enjoy. I simply don't mention them. It pains me to be writing a negative review since it goes about goes against my "it's nice to be nice" mantra. I am making an exception to write this review and share my hellish experience at The Paradisus Punta Cana. I hope my review will provide you with enough information to make a smart decision about booking a vacation
here.

We stayed from 2/13 - 2/20 and I have to tell you about the horrible experience my friends and I had. I have read many reviews on Trip Advisor and have thought that reviewers might have been hyper-critical or nit-picky about things. Some reviews about this hotel included horror stories about check in/no rooms. I thought that “what happened to them wouldn't happen to me.” Well I couldn't have been more wrong.

To make a long story short. We arrived at the Paradisus Punta Cana Resort to be told that they didn't have rooms for us. Our group consisted of three families and we had three separate room reservations. We had called the hotel the day before to let them
know that we would be arriving a day late because of a snow storm. They told us it wouldn't be a problem and offered us an upgrade to their higher end property at - The Reserve at the hotel. When we arrived we were told there were no rooms and we didn't have a reservation (let alone an upgrade)! We provided printed documentation and had our travel company call them
while we stood there. After (3) three hours of fighting with the hotel guest relations manager and their miserable front end staff...we were told we would have rooms in the afternoon and we would be given an upgrade to be allowed to use the facilities at The Reserve (the original property area we were promised as an upgrade). They tried to get us to stay at the bait and switch place since they had rooms there. It turns out there are two Reserves. The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana (where we were promised when we called about the storm) and The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real. There is a section on the property that we booked at called The Reserve that is an upgraded area of the hotel. The upgraded version is really
nice; nicer menu and drinks are served by the pool and the ocean by the staff. The other "The Reserve" is off the main property and located across the street. The hotel manages this destination with the same name...but they are polar opposite. This bait and switch dump
did not compare. For our troubles...we were given access to the nice Reserve (on our property) and not switched off property to the other hotel.

The hotel guest relations manager told us "we over book all of the time...we have 30 reservations that can't be filled today alone."

Imagine traveling hours and arriving at your destination to be told that there is no reservation or room even after providing printed documentation!

The few times we passed through the lobby reception area we came across other folks who were flipping out that the hotel didn't have a room reservation for them...including a wedding party! This was heartbreaking to witness.

My husband and I did stay at another Melia on our honeymoon and thought that this location in the DR would be just as good...we couldn't have been more wrong.

I'm sure I will receive the same canned response from hotel guest manager that I have viewed on here. There are no apologies that can make up for subpar service and lies. I hope that this resort is provided with management training and changes its business practices. There are a lot of places to stay and I don't foresee this destination sticking around
for too long the way things are.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Cheri A
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Cheri,

We regret the situation that you have experienced during your stay with us, as this unfortunately happened by a deviation in our system, this is not a common practice in our hotel and we sincerely lament about not being able to exceed your expectations.
It truly worries me to know that such confusion happened at the moment of your arrival, since this is not a good reference of our usual excellent treatment to all our guests.

Our property is divided on three parts which are Royal Service, The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana & Paradisus Punta Cana the standard part, each of them with different concepts, facilities, accommodations but with the same quality in products and service and our great accommodations which identify us for always take well care of our visitors.

Know that each point of your comment has been evaluated and seriously discussed with the different departments head directors in order to prevent any similar misunderstanding in a future. I sincerely thank you for bringing this to my attention; it is always a pleasure to receive our guests observations.
It will be a pleasure for me to welcome you once again at our property and accommodate you as you deserve, do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next stay.

Olathe, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

We had such a wonderful time. Lovely weather, awesome hotel and staff... Just a great, pleasant time.
We had "Royal Service", which was well worth it. Our butler was Surilenna Garcia Bristol, or Sury for short, and she made our stay picture perfect!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Wayne,

Receive warm greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

Knowing that you had a great time at our hotel makes us happy and proud on this sunny day at the Dominican Republic, we would like to inform you that your total satisfaction is our main priority and we always put our biggest effort in order to make the best of our guest’s vacations.

We will congratulate our Royal Service team especially to Surilenny Garcia for a well done job and for serving you as you deserved.

We will be waiting for your next stay and ready to once again make the best of it.

We love your comments.