We booked our vacation with two friends back in November and have been so excited for it to get here. Never having been to DR, we weren't sure what to expect, except sun, beach and a decent resort. We got much more...the resort grounds live up to all the hype - they are spectacular...we upgraded our room to a luxury suite and ended up in building 22 - 1 minute from beach, 1 minute from most restaurants and pool, five minutes from main lobby - perfect location. The room was beautiful - with a few imperfections, but then again, it's not a brand new hotel. The staff was super nice and accommodating.
We felt extremely safe at all hours of the day/night.
The food was okay - as most buffets go. The restaurants at which we could order ala carte, for the most part were much better. Our favorites were Vento, Bano and Mole. Nao has by far the best buffet - with burgers, pork chops, chicken and fish made to order. In the mornings you could get fresh pancakes, waffles, eggs, omelettes, and french toast made to order as well as juicing your own juice. Not impressed by Gaby Beach Buffet or Aqua.
The beach is one of the best around - wide, pristine with many palapas and lounge chairs - but get your towels in place early to reserve your favorite space. The water tends to be a bit rougher than what we're used to, but not scary. You are actually on the Atlantic side. No beach wait service, but the walk up bars are nearby - Lorenzo was by far one of our favorites.
Nightly entertainment varies from beach parties to stage shows and does a nice job doing what its intended to do - entertain.
The resort caters to all ages and interests...open up your mind, remember you're on vacation, relax and don't sweat the small stuff...this resort and its staff work extremely hard to make your vacation a memorable one - with us, they succeeded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury suites and an exclusive garden villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own casino, an incredible spa for kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 royal service suites and 4 ambassador oceanview suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront garden villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort