“Great vacation”

GreenLeadersGold level
Cochrane, Alberta
“Great vacation”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We have just returned from this beautiful place. I can't say enough great things about employees at this resort I would definitely go back in a heart beat. Plus side room 2323 was a nice short walk to the beach and a nice walk up to the lobby, it was always clean but never any face clothes left in the room, bed was comfortable. This resort has beautiful grounds and a lovely well kept beach. Thank you and hats off to your bar staff Felipe Mateo great guy! and the rest of the team Jenifer Marte, Juan Luis Socrate Teseda, Juan Terrero and Mindri Sanshes, these guys went the extra mile to make our time enjoyable loved the booty shake! Always a smile and a laugh. Also thanks to the wonderful gardener guy I can't remember his name but he was out one morning when I was on the deck and he brought me a fresh coconut. Down side all the beach chairs and beds are taken early and leaving towels on the loungers at both beach and poolside and then are gone for hours I don't think you should be able to leave your towel to hold your place leave a beach bag or hat that way you'll be sure to come back for it! Also I didn't find that paying the additional 40.00us for the Lapalpa restaurant was worth it at all as matter of fact got a much better meal at the grill, with much better service! Overall had a great time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Dennis,

Receive warm Greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

First of all we would like to thank you for have chosen our beautiful property for your great vacations, secondly let you know that you will always be welcome at Paradisus Punta Cana and all our facilities will be at your total disposition.

We are sorry for the inconveniences encountered during your stay as this does not meet our standards as a company oriented to good customer service.

We will congratulate all our associates mentioned on this review by their great attentions and accommodations during your great vacation.

We hope you give us a second opportunity to host you and to make of your vacation a memorable experience.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,199)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Went for a wedding, had an amazing experience. We paid extra for the Royal Service and was not at all disappointed. We were assigned a Butler for the week to help out with anything we needed from Reservations to Champagne and Chocolate Covered Strawberries when you arrive each night in your room. Our Butler Bladimir was extremely helpful and kind whenever we needed him he made our stay better than we could have ever imagined. The wedding was Fantastic, the service was Fantastic and the Food was Fantastic. We defintiely reccomend staying at the Paradisus Punta Cana and the Royal Service is more than worth the experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Lucas,

Receive warm Greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

It fills us of joy and pride to know that we have exceeded your expectations since it is our priority. To make the best of all our guests’ vacations is our responsibility and that’s why we do our best to take care of every single detail to make of your stay an unforgettable experience.

Our Royal Service Area is an exclusive part of our hotel with an adult’s only concept that makes it relaxing and different, but special as the rest of our property. This comment will be transmitted to our collaborator Bladimir for serving you as you deserve during your awesome stay at our hotel.

It will definitely be a privilege to have you back at our paradise on earth Paradisus Punta Cana.

Thank you very much for have chosen us as your vacation destination and for your recommendation.

Barrie, Ont.
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The resort itself is amazing, very clean grounds and rooms, pool area, beach, restaurants etc. The resort itself needs to have more English speaking people working there. The service at the Mole was awesome.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Barry,

Receive warm Greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

It has been a pleasure to us to have had you here at our property. Our collaborators are always in disposition to make the best of your vacations. We will congratulate all our Mole Mexican restaurants team for serving you as you deserve and their great service.

Having you here at our hotel will always be our honor, thank you for your recommendation and loyalty. We will wait for your return.

British Columbia
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Spent 3 days at Paradisus Punta Cana, booked Junior Suite Garden View with Royal Service. Things got off to rocky start when the transport guys told me that the Paradisus Punta Cana was over booked so I my booking was changed to the Paradisus Real. Anyway that turned out to be not true but spent an extra hour at the Real and then in taxi to get to the correct hotel. Arrived at the hotel. Finally got thru the reception process and was introduced to Manuel my butler. Very nice young man who is very polite, professional and responsive to all my calls and requests. Next issue was that my luggage took 2 hours to be brought to my room!!! I really wanted to go lay on the beach and start soaking up the sun but my bathing suit was in my luggage. It took a few calks from Manuel before my luggage finally appeared.
The suite was very nice, it was right along one of the main drags thru the resort but I was not disturbed by the passing traffic. The shower was interesting, at first I thought there was no hot water but there was hot water in both the sink and jacuzzi. I called Manuel and he got right on this and after the maintenance folks had been there and he checked it out he called to report that all was good. When I returned to the room no hot water in the shower once again. Long story short there was lots of hot water you just had to have the tap in a very particular position or you either got cold or tepid water at best. Once one of the maintenance guys pointed this out to Manuel and I all was good.
Each day there was a little snack left in my room for me, cheese and fruit plates, that was nice touch.
Bed was very comfortable, make sure you check out the pillow menu.
The fitness centre was well equipped, 3 treadmills, some elliptical machines, some free weights and machines plus a bunch of spin cycles in a back room. Lots of activities run out of the fitness centre incl yoga and spin. There are also at least 6 tennis courts on the grounds and tennis lessons given as well.
Beach is beautiful, the royal service area was great. Jeremiah was exceptional, he was always so nice, upbeat and just a real pleasure. I had no trouble getting a Bali bed every day and a lounge chair. Jeremiah provided cold water, cold towelettes, sunscreen and of course drinks delivered directly to you.
Gabi and Naos were the two buffets I tried and both were very good. Once again the staff were all very professional and pleasant.
I was quite disappointed by the service in both Ventos and Fuego restaurants. At both places he staff basically ignored me and seemed to concentrate their efforts on the tables with larger groups. I was travelling alone so was dining alone. I appreciate that larger groups take more of the staffs time but when they are taking pictures for the group and I have been seated for ten minutes and have not even had my water glass filled there is something wrong. At Ventos one of the other diners stopped on his way out and refilled my wine glass for me!!! At Fuego once again my wine glass was not refilled nor was my water glass refilled. I had ordered the beef tenderloin med rare and received well done. The waiter took it back after he dumped my utensils off the plate back onto to table by tilting the plate to drop the utensils down. The food at both places was OK, the desserts were really good.
The grounds are exceptional and this resort is huge. There are regular shuttle trains that you can hop on to get from one end of her resort to the other. There are also lots of walking paths that connect all areas of the resort that are well lit at night and are well signed including estimated walk times.
So overall- I really enjoyed the perks of Royal Service. Manuel was fantastic. The majority of the staff were very attentive not sure what was going on at the a la carte restaurants. I would suggest this hotel to my friends as a place to consider if they are planning a trip to Punta Cana but I would warn them about my experiences.

Room Tip: I stayed in 2273, a little bit of a walk to get to the royal service area beach but not onerous. It...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Cdnpa
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 23, 2014

On January 4,2014, I had my sea side gazebo wedding at the Paradisus Punta Cana. Being that I was planning a wedding from afar I was very nervous and a little afraid of how things were going to turn out. I did not want my guest to spend money and travel to the Dominican for something that could have been done in the states. I wanted something different and I must say, my guest are still thanking me for inviting them. My wedding coordinator Miguelina brought me to tears as I arrived to the gazebo to walk down the aisle. All of the wedding ideas that I had were incorporated and in ways that I would not have imagined. From the wedding to the reception...this resort knows how to host a wedding. My wedding coordinator Miguelina was awesome and I could not thank her enough. The entire romance team was wonderful!!!! You cant go wrong with any of their coordinators. Rodrigo my photographer took some amazing photos. I am never a fan of my photos, for the first time ever I absolutely loved my pictures so much so that I upgraded my packages because I wanted to keep them all. If you want a wedding that you and your guest will never forget and at a Beautiful resort that offers entertainment, relaxation and fun this is the resort for you. Yes with every resort there is some type of problem, but I can truly say that the resort will make every effort to ensure that if any problem arises that it is taken care of to your satisfaction. So ladies if you are searching for a destination wedding, I personally guarantee that this resort delivers!!! And if you have selected this resort dont worry because they truly have it all under control. Any thing that you want done, this romance team can make it happen. Miguelina and Rodrigo, high praise, they are truly truly truly the best at what they do.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Canerik Shunte J
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Pros:
-Beautiful resort, lots of trees and landscaped beautifully
-George from the Lobby bar was amazing
-Rapheal-pool and beach activities, was one of the only ones spoke english and helped us with anything we needed.
-Diego the luggage tram driver, very nice guy and very helpful
-Beach was beautiful, wasn't hard to find chairs
-decor was beautiful
-Laid out perfectly, really wasn't a big resort, rented bikes and took 20 minutes to bike the whole thing, a lot of dead ends
-The Grill Steakhouse, was the better la carte

Cons:
-came to a room with a broken shower door, went to main desk 5 times to fix it after 5 days they came
-room wasn't clean to standards, never filled our mini fridge, we had to run to the pool bar to get water or even the lobby because the pool bar closed at 5:30.
-not a big selection in food, VERY small buffets
-If you are not in the reserve don't expect much, was not allowed in 3 pools, and 3 restaurants
-Room service takes at least 40 minutes- 1hour and your order will probably be wrong
-went to buffet (Naos) for breakfast got a uncooked pancake multiple times
-food not prepared properly
-pizza at pool bar always doughy (not cooked)
-MAKE SURE TO LEARN HOW TO SAY "COOK MORE" IN SPANISH
-In general learn spanish before going not many speak english
-A lot of trees at pool if you want to go tanning to to the beach!
-Drinks at the bar were to strong to drink (through out about 30 drinks this week)
-not many activities going on
-La carte weren't the best..
-Beds are very hard

Ps- All or most of the good reviews on here are from the "Reserve" or "Royal Service" and most photos on the website is from the reserve which is dollars more per person per day and not the normal rooms.

Room Tip: -If you want to rent bikes make sure to go there a day before and write down your name because you c...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank amanda n
Punta Cana
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I went there with twis under 9 months old. The staff were friendly and made us feel very confortable. It felt so calm and relaxing. The hotel is so big that it felt that we were alone. The only thing that I did not like is that people smoke, and when we arrived we sat down for a few hours about time share and felt it was a waiste of our time there. Our room was very nice and cool.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Spencer,

Receive warm greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

We would like to first of all thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at our property, also apologize for any inconvenience encountered during your vacations here with us since our guests satisfaction is our main priority and to take care of your whole stay is our responsibility. Our standards are oriented to a great guest service and our collaborators always in the best disposition to make everything possible during your holidays.

Thank you very much for have chosen us as your vacation destination.

All our Paradisus Family will be waiting for you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol
#39 of 112 in Punta Cana
Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana

Been to Paradisus Punta Cana Resort? Share your experiences!