“True Paradise”

Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
Ranked #25 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 28, 2013

First & foremost I want to say thank you to all the staff @ Paradisus for making my first time in Dominican Republic & at this Resort one I will always remember. It goes beyond words, the hospitality, great food, entertainment, & knowledgable staff all around.. the list goes on & on.

I am especially grateful to (2) bartenders at Gaby Beach, Rodolfo & Juan; they make it easy to talk to & they are truly the best at what they do, their ability to greet you with a smile each & everyday had me going all day. Nothing more gratifying that a great start.

On the animation end I want to thank Massiel Yoest & Maikel Castillo aka Chocolate for their great personalities & the ability to make everyone feel welcome, always so accomodating they will always be remembered for putting the guest first before their own needs KUDOS to them & to ALL the dancers & entertainers absolutely #1 in my book.

I am already planning my second trip in March thanks to these amazing people; I must say this place is definitely for the young & sexy but also for the older & sophisticated.

JOSIE

Room Tip: Best room by the BEACH, I stayed at one of the studios & was very pleased with having everything...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Paradisus P, Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear Josie,

Receive warm greetings from the Paradisus Punta Cana.

We are so glad to read your review and so happy to know that we made of your first trip to Dominican Republic an unforgettable experience, Our associates are always in charge to make of you holidays a memorable stay. We will congratulate Rodolfo and Juan the bartenders also to Massiel and maikel from activities, we are sure that they will be so happy to read your comment. We would like to let you know that you will always be welcome at the Paradisus Punta Cana, it is always our priority to make the best of your vacations and make you feel home far from home.

Thank you very much for have chosen us as your first Dominican Republic vacation destination.

We will definitely wait for you to come back and enjoy of our great food, hospitality, entertainment and all our facilities.

Best regards

General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (13,270)

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had a wonderful time, the beaches were lovely, the food was excellent and the staff of Paradisus are so focused on customer service! Thank you to Nathenael Perez, guest services manager, and the wonderful staff at VIP lounge, Alexandra, Ramerous, Christy, and Edward Encarcion. We also were grateful for the services and attention of Marlene Perez who greated us each morning with coffee and a smile, Rigaberto who had a smile that went a long way to make us feel so welcomed and of course our Belky who is the best hostess ever! The best thing of all was the staff of Paradisus. We are looking forward to a return trip!

Room Tip: all places are wonderful, near the beach is best for me!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear guest,

We are glad to know that you had a wonderful time here with us at Paradisus Punta Cana, we will congratulate our associates especially to the VIP lounge team Nathanael Perez, Alexander, Ramirez, Alexandra and Christy also to marlene perez, Rigoberto and Belky for their treatment and services, we are always in charge to make the best of our guests vacations.

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience with us. You will always be welcome in Paradisus Punta Cana.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I traveled with 2 other couples to Paradisus Punta Cana. This was my first trip but it was my wife's sixth trip (April she always travels with the girls). I've heard my wife rave about Paradisus for years and wanted to see for myself. Paradisus did not disappoint!. Upon arrival we were greated by Nathanael Perez, Guest Serives Manager and the wonderful staff of theVIP Lounge; Alexandra Ramirez, Cristy and Edward Encarcion. From our first day they all took care of our every need. Golf was booked, dinner reservations were made and we had a beautiful ocean view room! The property is beautiful, the food was great and the drinks kept coming! The Dominican people and the staff of Paradisus are second to none. They couldn't do enough for us. It was my first trip but certainly won't be my last!! Thank you everyone at Paradisus. You are GREAT!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Richard,

Its our pleasure to host you and make of your vacations an incredible experience, its our mission to take care of you and be in care of all your needs. We will congratulate our VIP lounge team, Nathanael, cristy, Alexandra and Edward for being in charge of everything you needed. It’s a privilege for us that you have chosen us as your first trip destination, Thank you very much for sharing your comment with us.

It will always be a pleasure to welcome you to Paradisus Punta Cana, we hope you come back soon and enjoy of our beautiful property, drinks and great food.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

My new husband and I just got married here on Nov 11th with 45 wonderful family and friends joining us. We had the most incredible two weeks. We throughly recommend Paradisus, the staff were so friendly and helpful. The wedding planner Beatrix was awesome. She was so helpful and made sure the day went off amazingly. It was truly the wedding we always dreamed of!!! The beach section by the Gazebo was incredible and the beach dinner/reception had the most amazing views for us and our guests.
We stayed in the Royal Service, which made our vacation the best yet! Our butler Jose Valverde was so friendly, helpful, accommodating and made our stay so comfortable. Thank you Jose!!! All his extra little touches made our honeymoon so romantic! He was so sweet, calling us to make sure we had everything we needed, drawing us a romantic outside bubble bath with flower petals, ensuring we always had champagne and the little chocolates he left in our room made each day feel special in this piece of paradise.

The ladies at the SPA were wonderful! The lady who did my hair and makeup did an outstanding job! She made me look exactly how I wanted for my day - THANK-YOU!!!

Melvin Brizon was an awesome cook at the Hydro Grill and Jose Reinoso was a great waiter- thanks for the great food! They were always ready to take our picky custom made orders, always being friendly and accommodating. The pizza you made was the best Melvin! Luis was so attentive in handing out drinks around the reserve pool, it was the most relaxing vacation!

All our guests got upgraded to the Reserve, which was an amazing section of the resort. Mikey Mike also did an outstanding job handing out drinks at the Reserve beach section. He was always there ready to give us drinks and make our stay fun and comfortable. He was very friendly and made all of us laugh with his jokes and friendly antics! IT was always a good time at the reserve beach!

Also, Eli was our dive instructor at the Scuba Quatics building on the beach. Eli was an amazing PADI instructor! I was really nervous to do my dives and his calm ease and his confident support got me through the open water dives! It was a goal I really wanted to succeed and I couldn't have done it without Eli's calm approach. He was also very fun and friendly with all of us. During the weeks 10 of us did various dives and snorkelling trips and he helped us organize all of them with great success. I would 100% recommend Eli to anyone wanting to do some dives in the Dominican, especially if you want to do your PADI course he was an amazing instructor!

Overall the experience was top notch! The rooms, the beach, the pools, the food and the incredibly helpful, friendly staff made everything impeccable. By far our best vacation. Worst part was leaving :(

Thank you to all the staff there for making our wedding dreams come true and making this the most memorable holiday for us and all of our guests!!
Monica and Curtis

Room Tip: The Reserve section and the Royal Service was definitely worth while!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Monica,

Receive sunny greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

W are happy to read about your two vacation weeks an incredible experience, we also want to thank you for have chosen us to celebrate such an important event as your weeding and for trusting us in organizing everything for you,
it was and It will always be our pleasure to host you in our best way possible, We will congratulate each associate mentioned on this review for being the responsible of your memorable stay in this Paradise.

We will definitely wait for you to come back and enjoy of our rooms, beach, food and our associates treatment. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

Best regards.,

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Here I am on my last day here and writing a review! We planned an 8 nights 8 days stay. This place is amazing and we truly do not have any complaints. We did the royal service and Juan De Leon(our concierge/butler) was more than accommodating. Ramon Cordero at the private beach always had a cabana and drinks waiting for us. These people work so hard to make sure we are well taken care of. Everyone at the resort is so nice! Our room was always clean. My husband thought the food was excellent and I thought it was above average (I tend to be more so on the picky side).
The Yhi spa and royal lounge are also very nice!

My only hope is that these employees get the recognition they deserve from their management!

Hoping to come back next year on our one year wedding anniversary!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Camador87

Dear Guest,

We are so glad to read your review and know the great time you had here with us at the amazing Paradisus Punta Cana, it will always be our mission to make of your vacations an ¨unforgettable¨experience and be part of your favorite vacation destinies, we will definitely congratulate our associates Juan de Leon and Ramon Cordero for their great treatment and making of your stay a memorable one.

We hope to receive you back and have the chance to celebrate your one year weeding anniversary.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Just spent three nights last week with my wife after attending a friend's wedding in the Capital, Santo Domingo. Stayed at the 'basic level', but in a Junior Suite with the Jacuzzi in the balcony. Room was fantastic, in great shape. The room placement provided plenty of privacy and enjoyment of the spectacular landscaping (and each other ;-).

Check in was a breeze. Checkout was even better. Besides both being painless and quick, they let you keep your bracelet until 6 pm, so you can check out and go back to the bar/lunch.

Neither of the languages I am fluent in (English or Spanish) are enough to express the level of service you receive. Dominican service is the 'meter', by which all other service is measured. It's not that your waiter was nice, it's that almost FREAKING everyone was exceptional (see further below). From Martin and Juan Diego at the M-bar, to Juan and Deibi at the Pool bar, to Lilian and Wilkin at Aqua and The Grill. Spectacular!!!

BTW, the reservation restaurants were fine, but frankly the seafood at the 'buffet' (Gabi) had nothing to be ashamed of, and the deserts at Gabi were better. Bypass desert at Aqua, just go back to Gabi with some more Champagne in hand.

Must be a European thing (I'm more of a Hilton than a Meliá man), but the whole Reserve/blah blah blah blah levels and 'stratification' of service was a bit of a turnoff. So was the Club Meliá timeshare hard sell. As always, some moron at Corporate getting in the way of exceptional employees.

That being said, already scheming on when/how to get back to Paradisus...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Figarella

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your fantastic experience here with us, we are so glad to know that you enjoyed of our spectaculars rooms and facilities, We will let our associates Martin, Diego, juan, Deibi, Lilian and wilkin know about your review and congratulate them for making of your stay an unforgettable experience.
We definitely will wait for you to come back to our truly Paradise at Paradisus Punta cana and enjoy one more time of our fantastic restaurants.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Place was good for my first time All-Inclusive resort. The food was good and tasty. The resort was pretty clean. Lots of fun activity to do if you are into that. A lot of surrounding resorts too, use the same beaches. Overall I would recommend to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank E C

Receive sunny greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana,

First of all we want to thank you for sharing you comment with us, its our pleasure to make of your stay a memorable experience, we hope to receive you back soon and to enjoymore of our food and fun activities, our standards are always according to our guests necessities and that’s why it will always be a privilege to host you and make the best of your holidays.

Thank you for have chosen us as your vacation destination, come back soon!