The staff was conscientious and courteous. The staff reviews on Tripadvisor are very important to the staff. That's why I am taking the time to give credit where it is due.
Top employee pick - Juan Cruz - Bartender and his Chef at The Grill at the main pool - On 28/10/13 - Understood all restaurants, except theirs, were closed at high noon and knew we needed a quick meal to-go for our departure. Exceeded our expectations!
2nd employee pick - Maria (waitress) at Gabi Beach bar - If her smile does not grab you then her attentive service will. She gladly delivered drink stirs, paper cups, coasters, straws and packaged coffee; these items were missing from our Royal Service room.
3rd employee pick - Jeremiah at Royal Service beach - helped me locate my husband on the beach
Please give the maids a golfcart to assist them in transporting room supplies. Our Royal Service room 2192 lacked soap on day one. Never got shampoo. It saddened me to see them carting multiple boxes on their shoulders.
Our Royal Service butlers, Juan and Junior, were accommodating. Our sole request were water, ice, coffee/espresso, beer. Service slid with the Thursday wedding check-ins. You can't fail the staff when that happens. We anticipate Junior will take Paradisus to the paperless level and the next telecom level because of his background and understanding of computers and customer service. Best regards to Juan and Junior.
Royal Service Check-in / Check-out -
Welcoming at first. Did not dare to eat RS Lounge appetizers because beatle bugs crawling on the food and lack of refrigeration for seafood items.
Rose/Rosa (nickname) checked us into building 9 room 1098 after our warning not to do so because of the construction and painting. The fumes and air compressor noise caused us to change rooms. Ignored us again, and checked us into building 19, room 2192 with children waking us the next morning. Our reservation was for an Adults Only building.
RS Checkout - Still on guard with my AMEX card because staff says AMEX room deposit refunds does not work like other cards. This is a management issue and customers should be forewarned so they may choose another card for a room deposit. Our $1 (one dollar receipt) for a $100 room deposit refund accompanied a unexplainable story of the refund process.
Food was good overall. Beautiful RS fruit tray and candy tray.
Service in main lobby was good.
Liked the Domincan Night Show in the theatre.
The Gabi beach night fire show was amateur. Waitress mingled with performers and ignored customers on a busy wedding party evening. We wished our weekly waitress, Maria, had not taken the evening off.
Scuba Excursion - contracted with the Scuba company at the resort beach Scuba building. Tony, the dive instructor was rude to both of us. Catalina beach excursion is so 3rd world; you need to flush toilet with bucket and disconnected white sewer pipes lay outside toilet building.
Prepared food sat covered for over an hour waiting for scuba divers to come to shore. Paradisus should not associate their resort with this excursion company due to health and boat safety issues.
Got stomach problems from drinking Strawberry Daiquiri and eating salad buffet at The Reserve.
Our Reserve pool butler was great!
Folks need to keep in mind this is not the Hilton or a 4* resort. Always keep your guard up with food sanitation in an emerging country. Take stomach medicine with you and be prepared with wet hand wipes. Know where the life vests are located on the boat and keep it with you on an island excursion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury suites and an exclusive garden villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own casino, an incredible spa for kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 royal service suites and 4 ambassador oceanview suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront garden villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort