“Eighth visit”

GreenLeadersGold level
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Eighth visit”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We just returned on July 27th - our eight visit to the Paradisus - and the reason we keep returning is because of the many wonderful staff that we met thru the years. We always stay at the royal service and we have to mention Enrique Garcia and Mildred - they always make sure that your every need is taken care of - also this year we met Lady and she was also always asking if theres anything she can do for us - The new royal service mgr Alexander Arias is always around asking if everything is good - if theres anything we need. We have to mention the guys that take care of you on the beach - Jeremiah, Josie, Matiel, and Benita they make sure you always have water and drinks - and the servers at the LaPalapa - Qunitina, Rosabed, Miosotes and Ramon - they are the best and Hector at the Naos. The beach is the best in Punta Canam the grounds are kept very clean - the workers do a great job. The only suggestion we have is that at the new LaPalapa restaurant for the royal service their should be a different lunch menu instead of the same for lunch and dinner. We almost forgot to mention our butler SuriLenny she always stopped everyday to check if we needed anything. So all in all we had a great vacation - looking forward to trip #9 Ed & Rose

Room Tip: If possible go for the royal service
1 Thank 1143Truelove2748
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for choosing us for the eighth time and for sharing your Royal Service experience with us and the world, as well as for your observation regardless the variety of the food which I will share with our chefs in order to improve It for your next visit!
Thank you for the recognition on our associates! We look forward to welcome for the ninth time in your home in the Caribbean, Paradisus Punta Cana.

Best Regards,
Eduardo Perera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,189)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Recently returned from a weeks stay at Paradisus Punta Cana. When we arrived we upgraded to the Royal Service (which i Highly Recommend). I will be honest and say that our first few hours after we arrived were crazy with our room not being ready and then our luggage not arriving to our room, but after that was all resolved....the trip was Fantastic!!!!! Our Butler Jose Valverde was great and went out of his way to do anything we asked. The Royal Service beach and pool became our favorite spot everyday. Thanks to Jeremion Moto, Jose Reyes, Matiel Reyes, and Benita Mercedes, they always made sure we had everything we needed. We met alot of great people on this trip and made some great friends!!! This resort is beautiful. I will return, hopefully soon!!!

Room Tip: Royal Service is the way to go. Unless you are taking children, then stay at the Reserve.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2013

my first trip was july 4, was amazing vacation, then we arrived again july 22 with my friends, the services was incredible, especially the people from team pool in royal services. Congratulations.
the beach was cleaned and the services on it,s excellent. i would recomended your hotel for any cane of vacation. that was a wonderfull vacation in my live. we will back shortly.

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was my first trip to the Dominican. I've traveled to a number of destinations in the Caribbean and the Immigration area was by far my worst experience ever. Be prepared for a huge line in hot conditions due to the "open air" structure. I know this is a busy time of the year, but they did not have anyone trying to organize the huge crowd and it was a pushing and shoving mess. The departure was better, but still took us 90 minutes. When they tell you to get to the airport early, at this place you really need to make sure to do that! This destination is too popular and they are making too much money (plus $10.00 per person entrance fee) to not have this process figured out....just be prepared for this and it might help...a little.

Now to the resort. After enduring the Immigration process, the check-in process was not much better. We dropped our bags at the front and they said "walk that way to check-in." Not the normal cold towel and drink most resorts provide. I saw they did this for some, not all. Then we stood in line for 30 minutes before they started our process. After they took our information, they handed us a lock and said "don't lose it or you'll owe $250.00 and then put on our wristband and said "don't lose it or you'll owe I think it was $200.00...nice welcoming!

Next, we hopped on a tram and were taken to our room. We were in Bldg 34 and in a Standard Junior Suite and I would say it was equal to an old Holiday Inn. Our mirror had spots all over it, the TV was just sitting on a ledge, there were no drawers anywhere (no kidding) to put away items, just 4 shelves in a closet by the sink. The shower had a curtain that dragged on the floor and the list goes on. Our room did not have a Room Service Menu, Directory for who to call (our mini bar fridge didn't work). The room was a big disappointment. They are in the process of renovating these rooms and they really need to do it fast!!!

Now for the good things about this resort. The food was very good. I usually only eat at buffets for dinner when I'm in a hurry or can't get a reservation for a sit-down meal, but we ended up eating at the buffet twice and it was truly the best buffet I think I've ever had. One night they had grilled lobster that was fabulous. They always had plenty to choose from and it was kept very clean and organized. We also enjoyed our meal at Mole and Fuego. Actually the steak at Fuego was surprisingly good. We heard the steaks at the Grille are very good, but we didn't have a chance to eat there. Make sure to get your reservations made for the week the day you check in.

The beach is awesome. You can walk/run either way for a long distance. They've got sailboats, kayaks, boogie boards, beach volleyball and more on the beach. There is also a bar pretty close to the beach. We did not get any drinks served to us on the beach, but I believe that does occur if you have the Royal Package added to your stay. Speaking of the Royal Package, I would definitely add this if I were to visit this resort again. It has a great private pool, private area on the beach and much more. I believe it also has a separate check-in area so you most likely avoid the experience we had.

I would call the service very good, but short of excellent. Some of the staff was very friendly and accommodating and some seemed rather indifferent.

The drinks are very good and they'll make just about anything you can think of. The glasses are small, so just ask for 2 if you want make fewer trips to the bar.

You will do a lot of walking at this resort unless you want to wait for the trams. We enjoyed the walking (probably because we ate so much) but it is a long way from the beach to the lobby. It's a big resort, but because of the size it has a lot of amenities. Just about everything you can think of is at this resort...tennis courts, basketball court, bikes, nice fitness center, very nice spa
and much more.

The grounds are beautiful. It's a very tropical feel with meticulous landscaping throughout.

Bottom line...upgrade to the Royal Service with a renovated room and I think you will really enjoy your experience at this resort. Just be prepared for the mess at immigration!

Room Tip: Try to get a renovated room and the Royal Service.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rosharon
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Me and my husband visited this location 2 years ago. We were delayed by one day due to a hurricane that was passing by. When we arrived the hotel upgraded us to a suite to compensate us with out even asking or told to do so. the staff was extremely helpful and willing to go out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed and wanted. We cant wait to go back. The only down side to the trip was getting caught up in what we thought was a tour but turned out to be a timeshare sales pitch and that this location is further out that most so you are usually the first to be picked up and the last to be dropped off.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
McPherson, Kansas
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I absolutely just had the most amazing vacation!!! When we arrived in Punta Cana, I was concerned with how the trip would go just by the craziness at the airport....very long lines and bombarded by guys wanting to take you to your resort!! ( thankfully, we had transportation through Delta set up ) I would highly recommend having transportation already set up for your arrival!!! Our Delta guide, Wellington was amazing with information for us on the bus ride to our resort, he also helped us set up excursions the next morning and did all the booking for us!!! Our room was in a prime location, close to the pool, restaurants & beach! I would recommend you make all your evening meal reservations right away or you may have to eat at ala cart every night, which is great but can get boring!! Staff at every location in the resort were amazing and if there was a language barrier they would find someone to help! I would definitely recommend taking bug spray as all the restaurants are open air and you will get bit!!! OUCH!! The beach was so beautiful, we always found somewhere to sit!! I can't believe more people don't take advantage of the amazing ocean view & sounds at night, we went every night and sat on the beach in a hammock or covered cabana and it was the most relaxing thing i've ever done!!! Enjoy the whole experience people and sleep when you get home....lol, stay out late and have fun!!!! It was very humid but there was water available at the bar areas at all times and the ocean breeze helped!! We did the El Fieston excursion to Catalina Isle and I loved it, the beach alone was worth the money to go for the day! I've read some reviews that people aren't always pleased with that excursion but I enjoyed the whole thing, from the long bus ride over, seeing & hearing how the Dominican people make a living, to the beach time and the Casa De Campo stop! I can't say enough about how great this trip was from our resort to the beautiful people & views, as soon as our plane took off, I was ready to book my next trip back again! Goodbye for now sweet Island but I will be back!!!!! <3

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cassiebassandra
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I noticed that many of the reviews listed are from people who had the royal service. My family and I (21 adults and 1 child in total) went to Paradisus to celebrate my parents 35th wedding anniversary. My parents were upgraded and I can totally understand why all the reviews are glowing...from personal butlers to private pool/beach; the amenities offered and available to royal guests are bar none to any resort I've visited (6 different resorts in Punta Cana alone).

Now, as a regular guest, I had no complaints either. Overall the resort is very well maintained, the beach is breathtaking both by day and night, the pool is huge and the staff is friendly and very accommodating.

My accolades go to:
Entertainment Coordinators: Romeo, Julio and the slim girl who worked the towels and participated in la hora loca.
Bartenders: Juan and Deibi
Cooks: The chubby man at the pool snack bar and the chef at Fuego.
Wedding Coordintor: Beatrice

The above individuals went out of their way to ensure a smooth and fun filled trip and experience for all the guests who joined us for the anniversary celebration. There were also countless waiters and bartenders who also provided excellent service, but sadly I can't recall their names. I was very impressed with the caliber of the staff.

Some cons:
-Bring super duper repellent. My group dined at the Grill and within 30 mins we were bitten numerous times. I have over 35 mosquito bites that were obtained during those 30 minutes (I have pictures to prove it). I literally ate my food with my legs NOT under the table and left my group to sit at the bar because I couldn't handle the stinging. They need to fumigate...especially under the tables! At the very least, some citronella candles/torches would be helpful throughout the resort!

-Resort is massive and you need to wait for the little train that goes around the resort. They're few and far between. During high peak hours they should have multiple trains making rounds.

-I know many people do purchase excursions and are interested in timeshares, but the constant asking by the representatives got tiresome. If someone says they're not interested, that should be the end of the pitch. Perhaps, sales representatives should be limited to the lobby.

-We were there 7 days and felt the monotony of the breakfast selection by day three.

-You do need to wake up very early to reserve seats by the pool or a cabana on the beach. You snooze, you lose....literally.

-Nightly entertainment was very well coordinated. We enjoyed the show every single night of our stay including the live music and dancing afterwards.

-There is no AC in the lobby where the live music and dancing takes places. Gets very sweaty and hot very quickly.

Overall, I would recommend the resort. Many activities to do at no additional costs. The premises are beautiful. The rooms are well appointed. The staff is entertaining and friendly.

Just bring multiple bottles of repellent and bathe in it before exiting your room.

I will go back...armed with repellent, and definitely upgrading to Royal Service!

Now, back to applying anti-itch cream on my feet and legs....

• Stayed July 2013
Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol
#39 of 112 in Punta Cana
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Paradisus Punta Cana Resort? Share your experiences!