“2013 Vacation”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, Canada
“2013 Vacation”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is wonderful, with many restaurants with very good, and the workers are so cool and friendly. (especially Wilkin Vidal Eduardo from Gabi Beach Restaurant...and many many others) Rooms are little outdated, but some blocks are under construction, so look for the once on the East side of the resort.The gardens are beautiful and there are many activities to do. I would highly suggest this resort and hope to come back again.

Room Tip: Ask for room upgrade, if you receive in resort credits, wait until you have them, you may receive ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bejegymnastics
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Receive warm regards from Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for choosing us as your holiday destination.

Many thanks for exalting our beauty and kindness of our team, we are grateful to you for sharing your comments and feedback and we would like to assure you that with the renovation we are improving and innovating in the luxury and relaxation we have always offer to our guests.

We can assure you that when you come back you will find more reasons to keep visiting us! And we will always welcome you with arms wide open.

Kind Regards,

Eduardo Perera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,189)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed July 8, 2013

First the good stuff, The property is beautiful, clean and immaculately maintained. Staff was friendly and was very helpful to our group of 14 in making reservations and planning activities, although the language barrier was an issue at times.

No real problem with room service delivery, we ordered twice. The first time we ordered club sandwiches, was not sure what the sandwich was, but definitely was not the "American" version of a club sandwich for sure. I could not eat mine. However, second time around food order was correct and hot when delivered. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary along with going with a wedding party to the island so we upgraded to a Junior Luxury suite - it was beautiful! Plenty of room, bathrooms and double shower was wonderful, jacuzzi excellent. King size bed was comfortable enough for sleep, but I do have back issues, so no bed is really perfect for me except my own.

Restaurants were just okay, the food was just okay, breakfast buffet was my favorite, although they NEVER had enough bacon for everyone! I must say, at one of the restaurants I had to exchange one of my meals as it just was not good. Juices and fruit was not kept cold enough. Nothing was ever ice cold and refreshing to drink. It was sitting on ice, but never really had time to get cold enough, therefore I had to skip some of the seafood salads etc., because I was not about to eat warm seafood! Please work on this for the safety and digestive comfort of your customers.

My spouse and I would sit on the balcony in the evenings, unaware that the mosquitos were eating us up every night!! We came back with many, many mosquito bites. They are a force to be reckoned with, believe me. Be sure to take a repellant with you!!!

The shuttles were great to use, however they did have strong gasoline fumes to them, so they should work on this.

The evening shows and entertainment were nothing to write home about. This needs to improve. We enjoyed much better entertainment when we visited Montego Bay. I would give the entertainment overall a 5 on a scale of 10.

I did not have any problems with internet service on the property anywhere, except that it would go in and out at times, so that could become aggravating for an internet-dependent person, but it was sufficient for us.

The television channels were mainly in Spanish, that was frustrating, we only had about 4 channels to choose from to watch the whole time we were there. The first two days the FX channel had no sound, and I was told by the front desk that they were working on the cable, so we just dealt with that. Hopefully that situation will improve and more English speaking channels will be available.

Be sure to drink bottled water, even when brushing your teeth. My husband and I are STILL dealing with stomach/digestive issues and we have been back for two weeks now. The shop on the property did have Immodium medication, thank goodness. I heard this complaint from many other visitors we encountered during our stay as well......so beware!

Lastly, some of the ladies went to the shopping mall there. Only three shops that I had heard of, Hard Rock Cafe, MAC, and Pandora. The other shops were unknowns, and most everything was way overpriced.

Otherwise the "downtown" area did not look safe enough to venture around. The motor scooter users are many and annoying.

We received high recommendations from several friends that had visited this property before, as I said, it is gorgeous, clean and beautiful. However I would not recommend this property to friends without the above information and my husband and I agreed that we would not go back.

The pool was gorgeous, I love it, the swim up bar was wonderful, we had no problem getting our drinks right away, enjoyed the water aerobics classes they had daily, and I do not swim, but was able to participate and enjoy them. The "entertainment guys" in the pool area were great, they are a lot of fun and make sure you are having fun too.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you possibly can.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paula M
Lake Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed July 8, 2013

my friend and her family took me along for there vacation as my friends graduation gift. from the moment i arrived at the hotel to the second we left the staff here were very accommodating, nice and helpful. we had the royal service and it was very well worth it it was more secluded but at the same time its very good for families in the reserve. our stay really exceeded our expectations. our butler yunior jbiera made our stay very pleasurable for instance leaving us little gifts like chocolate covered strawberries, extra beer, and snacks. he helped us so much with planning our days out and picking where to go to dinner. we are always full of questions as to where things were (its a large resort) or what activities were going on throughout the day, he was always there and had the answer. everyone who worked there was so genuinely nice we spent a lot of time at the bars and the bartenders like danny romero, roberto espinal, yael familia, benita from the pool bar, norkis heredia, and of course "mini mike tyson" they made awesome drinks and very consistent. the entertainment and music activities they had made it so fun for us! alexander lopez was the best dancer out there! i am currently looking for places to stay for my family vacation and every resort i look into can't compare to this resort! after staying here i wouldn't want to go anywhere else!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I booked a trip with "JetBlue getaways" to Paradisus Punta Cana for 1 week. We had the most incredible time, and couldn't have asked for more. The service was phenomenal, top notch, and the all inclusive was great. There is a great selection of food and restaurants and the unlimited drinks was a plus! One of the things that made the greatest impression on us was the accommodations made for us for our specific dietary needs (we keep kosher). In particular, Cristy with guest services treated with such kindness and understanding and made everything happen for us that with needed. She got us a fridge in our room (to store our kosher food) and made reservations at the restaurants for us, explaining to the chefs our particular needs. She even called the room from time to time just to check up on us and see if there was anything we needed. What amazing service! The resort is just magnificent and beautiful with open areas all around. The aesthetic and design is truly romantic and a great place for a honeymoon. They also upgraded our room for free because we were on our honeymoon.
The thing that made our trip the most exhilarating and fun was the entertainment crew. We spent time with them day and night and really got to know each one of the guys. From seeing them on the beach for sports and towels in the morning, to playing games at the pool in the afternoon, and watching them perform and party in the evening, they just brought the most fun to our trip. They are all so talented and fun and our trip would not have been the same without them. Julio, Pepe, Romeo, Fabio, Alexander, Oscar, Mikael, and of coure Marionell (Mario). Our pictures are filled with smiles and laughs with these guys (see photo we shared). The entertainment and the job they did can not be beat. We were so impressed and fell in love with each one of these guys. Go and meet them! you wont regret it :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is has great entertainment. Alexander the best was funny and personable! The shows every night were fantastic. Good time all around. The room is beautiful and clean. The food was okay but the over experience made it worth it

• Stayed July 2013
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Natasha,

Thank you so much for your review. It makes our day reading our guests positive feedbacks and support. We are very glad to learn that you enjoyed so much your experience at Paradisus Punta Cana and it will be an honor to host you again in the future.

Warmest Regards,
Reviewed July 7, 2013

It's my first time in the Dominican and I can honestly say it is amazing. The hotel is awesome, food is good, and the workers are so cool and friendly. (Especially Maikel, Alexander Lopez the best, Julio, Fabio, Andres.. And many others) The surroundings are beautiful and there are so many activities to do. I would highly suggest this resort and hope to come back again.

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Paradisus Punta Cana as well as your kind recognition on our entertainment staff, they really put passion on what they do and do it better each day!
We happy you enjoyed Dominican Republic and we hope for more visits to come to Paradise!

Warmest Regards,
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I'm here with my family and friends. It has been a great trip, all the employees are really friendly. We lost 4 separate items over the course of the trip and all of them were picked up and returned to guest services. The employees and entertainment staff, especially Alexander, Fabio, Maikel, and Julio, are all excellent and kid friendly. They all make the trip more entertaining and have made our stay very enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this resort for anyone.

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the time you have taken to share your experience with us. It means a lot for us to read your recommendation and support as well as your recognition on our associates.
We will love to have the opportunity to welcome you and entertain you in a near future!

Best Regards,
Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol
#39 of 112 in Punta Cana
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Paradisus Punta Cana Resort? Share your experiences!