My husband and I just returned from a wonderful week at the Paradisus Punta Cana (04/27 through 05/04). Check in was quick and painless. Upon arrival we were greeted with a "Paradisus" (non-alcoholic) cocktail. We were assigned to bungalow 33 which was a standard junior suite..This location was great for us as it was just a hop, skip and a jump to the beach where we spent most of our day. This location was also just a short walk to the pool and restaurant locations. Our room was kept clean each day and it was free from insects. Air conditioning was more than sufficient, in fact we turned it off after awhile and kept the ceiling fan on. Our first night, we ordered pizza from room service as we arrived late and room service was prompt and pizza was pretty good. The grounds are very well maintained and you see the grounds people working diligently every day and they all greet you with a smile and an "hola"...I found the staff at this resort above average..no matter what capacity they were in...they were all gracious and friendly!!
The beach is absolutely gorgeous with plenty of chairs..we went out to the beach after breakfast usually by 9:30 and never had a problem getting chairs under a palapa..Make sure you bring your sunscreen, I tan easily and I burned with a spf of 15! The water is crystal clear and warm and we enjoyed walking the beach a couple of times per day (had to burn the calories from all the food we ate). As far as the restaurants go..we ate lunch at the Italian restaurant where I had spaghetti and hubby had the lobster lasagna which he said was delicious! We had reservations for Vento and El Romantico and the service provided at both these restaurants was excellent!! Waiters at both of these restaurants were extremely attentive and gracious!! We tipped well at each of these restaurants. We also ate at Rodizio which is great if you like meats..they start you off with a salad bar and then bring skewers of meats..(turkey, chicken, lamb, beef, sausage, etc.) it was just too much for me..after the first couple of skewers..I stopped but if you like meat and have a big appetite you will probably like it!! Breakfast each morning was at the Hibiscus buffet which provided a variety of your typical breakfast foods...
bacon (great!), pancakes, waffles, french toast, eggs and omelets made to order..fruit smoothies made to order and a wide arrange of fruits..the staff here was also very attentive and cleared dishes from table as soon as one was finished..never saw tables with dishes left on them!! We tipped at all our meals as well as for the maid, bartenders, etc. I can not say enough about the services provided at the Paradisus...the staff here has such good work ethics and friendly personalities..We particularly enjoyed the staff at the lobby bar...
these guys are always smiling and are personable with everyone and they make the best drinks at this bar, even their coffee is the best ..we would always make a trip here after breakfast just to get a coffee..they would heat the milk..absolutely delicious coffee!! We did go on one excursion - the Panoramic One - which was a modern glass bottom boat, snorkeling excursion..lots of fun..didn't see much but the crew and other passengers provided a day of fun!! The Paradisus had their grand opening of their new nightclub "Fuego" which they are very proud of...it was tastefully decorated and located right off the lobby and it was lots of fun!! We only attended one of their evening shows which was entertaining (not Vegas) and the performers gave it their all. It is quite obvious that the staff at the Paradisus love their jobs and what they do!! Thanks Paradisus for providing us with a week of relaxation and fun!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury suites and an exclusive garden villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own casino, an incredible spa for kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 royal service suites and 4 ambassador oceanview suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront garden villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com and BookIt.com so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort