My wife and I just returned on Nov. 30/12 from a week long stay at this large property. In determining which resort we would stay at a number of factors came into play in making the final decision. We firstly wanted a direct flight from Ottawa, second we didn't want a long trip from the airport, third we wanted to play golf and not travel a great distance each day for it. We also wanted a resort with a minimum four star rating and one that was sizable enough to have a good variety of restaurants.
Having been to Bavaro Beach previously we knew we were going to be on a beautiful beach where could walk miles of great sand, palm trees with a surf we could play in. The Paradisus Punta Cana through Nolitours met all the criteria and included free golf (cart extra) at Cocotal Golf Club, which was a big saving as we played 4 rounds. The best decision we made once choosing the Paradisus was going with the Royal Service upgrade. This option made us truly feel pampered by some exceptional staff who made sure every detail of our stay was accommodated. I must single out Inosca Reyes at concierge, Juan Jiminez and Ruddy Peguero at butler services, Johanna of maid services as well as Juan and Matiel who served us drinks at our private beach. Going with Royal Service gave us a building location very close to the beach ( building #1) which is a great upgrade from having to take a shuttle from the back of the property in the Reserve section. We had an as mentioned private beach with plenty large double thick mattress lounge chairs and drink service you don't get elsewhere.
Our room had a well maintained mini bar fridge with rum, wine, beer, pop and water plus snacks. The bed was very comfortable and the staff gave you a choice of five different pillow options to suit your needs. I tried a couple different ones just to kick tires! Our room also had a double shower stall with no lack of hot water or pressure.
At the concierge office, internet computers were available which made daily contact to home available if desired. Inosca made us daily reservations at our restaurant choice which was better than having to wait and see what we could get into if we weren't Royal. Golf tee times were made for us and shuttle service to the lobby was always booked and timely so we never had an issue with possible missing the free bus shuttle to the golf course.
The restaurants we enjoyed were the most were Sakura- Japanese, Vita- Italian, Terra- steakhouse. There is also an exclusive restaurant for Royal guests called La Palapa. The food portions are not large but there was never an issue if you wished to order more. All our dinner meals were fresh and tasty with the Japanese where cooked in front of you being a highlight. The breakfast buffet options were adequate with Gabi Beach having an omelet station. There is certainly a Dominican influence in the food selection with a variety of local specialties.
For us it was a week of relaxation together and not having to concern ourselves with details that Royal Service covered made the trip that much better. Others who rate the property negatively certainly couldn't have been in Royal Service as we had no issues that weren't addressed in a timely manner.
Thank you Royal Service Staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury suites and an exclusive garden villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own casino, an incredible spa for kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 royal service suites and 4 ambassador oceanview suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront garden villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort