Stayed Nov 22-25 for a wedding
The level service and everything else at PPC is inconsistent....
Kind of slow. They were very nice to accommodate my request to have a room on the second floor. They assign someone to talk to you after you check in to give you general information of the resort. That person also invites you to a breakfast and tour (probably the time share pitch I have read about in other people's reviews). When you decline the tour, the person tells you that you HAVE to participate because it's part of their job and insist that you meet them. Beware
We got the standard deluxe suite. Meh. The decor was okay, but nothing to write about- good or bad.
I will say that there were a few hiccups, though. We did not have a router for the wifi when we checked in. Someone was sent to check it out and installed a router which worked for about 24 hours. When we called to let them know the wifi had stopped working , they didn't send anyone to fix it for another 24 hours despite the fact that we called about it 3 or 4 times while it was no working.
We also had a water leak from the ceiling in the bathroom by day 2, but nothing was done about it while we were there.
Housekeeping was very late as well
We ate a Fuego the first night. We had the tasting menu and everything was very well executed. The service was great as well. We are also able to try Sakura, the hibachi restaurant, which could be improved greatly. The fried ice cream was good and that was about it. We ordered room service a lot because the only options before dinner are buffets ($5 charge per order) which was just okay. The other food we are was at the wedding which was between okay and good.
Sometimes good, sometimes not so much. There is no cocktail service at the beach or pool so if that's what you are used to, don't go there. Some of the staff members were nicer than others. We had prompt responses to our issues in the room at times and other times it was not. Like I said before-inconsistent.
The resort is large, but the fact that you are told that everything is far and you need to take their 'bus' makes its worse. We stayed in building 14 an found out that we could actually walk to the main lobby as well as the beach plus most of the buildings our family were staying in.
Waiting for the bus for 10 minutes was quite annoying.
BEWARE OF CHARGES FOR LOCAL CALLS. They tried to charge me $28 for a few local calls to our transportation company. I was never told there was a charge before checkout. When I called the from desk to ask about local calls they told me how to dial and then offered to connect the call for me. THAT'S IT! So when I checked out and received a bill for these calls I was very upset. They ended up discounting the bill after much discussion, but I was still made to pay $10 for the calls.
Other random things
BRING AN INSECT REPELLANT!!! I cannot stress this enough. The mosquitos are HORRIBLY ferocious.
Gabi beach restaurant and bar is modern and gorgeous
You have to pay for top shelf drinks. Example: Grey goose costs $8, but Stoli is included
Staff handles weddings very smoothly.
The beach is great!
Overall the resort was okay, but I would not go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury suites and an exclusive garden villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own casino, an incredible spa for kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 royal service suites and 4 ambassador oceanview suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront garden villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort