This was my and my fiance's first time to Punta Cana and DR for that matter. We chose the Paradisus PC out of the blue just because it looked so nice and because the negative reviews left on trip advisor were for the most part nitpicky bs.
I loved the way the resort looked and how it was maintained flawlessly. The lobby was super nice and inviting and so it took no time to realize that this was a good choice for a week long getaway.
The rooms were spacious and modern but lacked cupboard space for clothes etc. and there were no doors in the bathroom which was really weird at first but we got "used to it".
The first night we got room service.It took a while and was ok but what can you expect for your first taste of food in a foreign country. The next day we enjoyed breakfast at the buffet and didn't have a bad meal there the whole week.
The a-la-carte restaurants (except Vita the italian restaurant) were awesome. The chinese (now closed and reopening as mexican), japanese, and steakhouse were phenomenal. The onsite restaurant Fuego was superb and for $40 the fixed price tasting menu was absolutely worth it. The maitre d' whose name I can't remember but was a small younger spanish woman as well as our server (skinny man with glasses) were super nice and helpful and truly cared about your experience at Fuego. A special thanks goes to Elena who treated us like VIP for the restaurants. She was so nice.
We visited the spa twice each and loved both of our treatments. The spa is very nice and relaxing and the woman are very good and professional. Didn't fully enjoy the sound of nearby pile drivers or something though while getting a massage pool side in a cabana.
The entertainment/activities crew were awesome. Julio was great and non-stop hype. Romeo was one of the nicest guys we met there and enjoyed doing the sushi class with him and chef Santiago. The dance crew had us entertained every night and were highly skilled in all dance types. Very impressed. Oscar the captain and Melvin killed it.
And last but not least (actually the most important) were the wicked bartenders spread around the resort. Rodolfo, William and especially Juan at the pool bar were awesome. Lorenzo, Kelvin, Felipe and my favorite Danny absolutely killed the lobby bar at night and really for me made my trip as good as it was. It was definitely hard saying bye to those boys. They were great bartenders, entertainers, as well as great ppl to talk to and get to know. They fully cared about doing their job as good as they could so we would fully enjoy our time there.
For these reasons I would definitely go back and stay at Paradisus Punta Cana,
Ohhhh I cant forget the pool was huge and awesome and the BEACH...well look at the pics posted by others..the beach is INSANE...loved it and hated leaving it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury suites and an exclusive garden villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own casino, an incredible spa for kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 royal service suites and 4 ambassador oceanview suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront garden villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Expedia so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort