My husband and I went here for our honeymoon in July 2012. The resort is gorgeous. It's kept impeccably clean and well manicured. The open air design of the common areas is very aesthetically pleasing and surprisingly cool despite the warm summer temperatures. For a vegetarian, the 5 or so restaurants got a tad old after 7 days, but the food was decent overall. I thought the service was fine. It was next to impossible get $1's for tips, so bring change. We wanted to tip but found it a bit much to tip $5's and $10's. Our room was super new and very nice. We were right near the pool, which worked great for us. You can walk to and from the various areas but it takes some time. Most people waited for the golf carts to pick them up but that took forever. The walks were nice especially after dinner and after not getting much activity during the day. Don't buy the excursions from the people on or near the beach. They are creepy and will try to go with you to the ATMs! There are a lot of honeymooners here and normal vacationers. This place is not hip at all. It's pretty classy but it's not for people looking to feel special because they just got married. A few key points should be made about this place.
1. My husband's wallet was stolen on the airplane, on the way to there. When we got there and tried to get some help using the phone, no one really seemed to care to help us deal with the airlines. The wallet was never recovered.
2.The Reserve sales pitch they will inevitably try to sell you, unless you are already doing the Reserve, is insufferable. We were told by our "concierge" that we could easily leave after 30 minutes of the pitch, he'd get his commission and we'd get an upgraded lunch at the special restaurant off limit to us peasants. Unless we were incredibly rude there was no way we were getting out of that pitch. 3 hours + later, we were free and my day was ruined. The funny thing is, we were actually interested in the pitch but they tell you that you have to buy then and there. They don't let you have any paperwork or call to buy later on. What a joke and waste of time. Honeymoon minus 1 day. The kicker is this. They hype the Reserve SO much it makes the other part of the hotel, where we were staying, seem really lame. I would never even have known about the Reserve had they not flaunted it in front of us for hours. When the pitch was finally done I left very annoyed about the time lost and about the fact that we were made very aware that we were staying in the low-end accommodations which did not allow us entry to the better areas of the resort. Before seeing the Reserve we had been thinking how great the place was etc...
3. There are NO lifeguards whatsoever and the surf was VERY rough while we were there. My husband actually assisted in pulling a paraplegic man out of the water with two other men when he saw him floating face down in the water. It was like slow motion trying to get this guy some help. We later found out he was paralyzed by his swimming accident and taken to Santo Domingo. I know it's an exotic resort and it's not America, all reasons that make the place awesome, I'm just saying that that experience was a bit messed up. So watch your friends and family carefully because no one else is watching out for them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury suites and an exclusive garden villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own casino, an incredible spa for kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 royal service suites and 4 ambassador oceanview suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront garden villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort