“Better each time”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lisbon, Portugal
“Better each time”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I love staying at the Royal Servicel. Everybody is so nice and they try hard to make your stay fantastic. The restaurant of the Servicio Real is very good for breakfast and lunch. The rooms are near the beach and the pools. The gardens couldn´t be more beautiful. The hotel ambience is very informal, but men should wear trousers for dinner. Now they have inaugurated a restaurant of the Michelin star chef Martin Berasategui. Don´t miss it! Menu degustación and good wines, open only for dinner. After dinner you have a different entertainment show every night. They really try to please you and I don´t think it is expensive at all when is everything included, rooms, meals and beverages. You have a good return for your money. For tips, anything you give make them happy. It is clean. The beach is beautiful. The hotel is so big that if you want silence you can get, if you want music and dance you have it, they have a cassino, several restaurants, some better than others but the average is very good.

Room Tip: All Royal Service rooms have good locations. I like to be near the beach and restaurants and I don´t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Dear guest,

First of all, on behalf of the Paradisus Punta Cana’s staff, I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Resort for your vacations . Also, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments from your vacations at our Paradisus Punta Cana. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important.
We are grateful to receive the compliments you give to our Royal Service Staff and amenities, areas and entertainment.
Once again I will like to thank you for taking a space from your valuable time to give your feedback. I must say that it gives us the approval and the energy to keep going all the way long.
We hope to see you again in the Resort enjoying other vacations.

Regards,

Francisco Castillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,104)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Very good location, excellent beach with excellent chairs
Standart rooms are big, but not modern
Good restaurants, but service should be must better
Very beautiful hotel with great gardens.

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for letting us know that you have a good experience during your vacations at our Resort. You have to know that here in Paradisus Punta Cana we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guest’s expectations.
I appreciate that you took the time to write and let us know your comments on the staff and the hotel.
I look forward to hosting you again at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort.

shefford,quebec
Reviewed May 17, 2012

First, I would like to say that I speak French and English is my second language. Hope everyone will understand what I want to express in this review.

SERVICE: The service is quite good in the restaurants, room, bars, pool and beach. My husband and I spent two (2) weeks at the RESERVE. There were very good moments but a few disagreements. I would like to point out the bartenders at the pool and on the beach. They do a excellent job, expecially Jose, Micky, Emiliano. If you experience any problem, your concierge will do anything to please you.

VALUE: We paid a lot of money to be at the RESERVE, but we didn't get what we expected.

SLEEP QUALITY: It was very quiet, good mattress, etc., air conditionning worked OK.

CLEANLINESS: Could have been better. Don't forget to tip the maid, we gave her $2 US everyday and it seemed to be appreciated.

LOCATION: I will start by saying that this Resort is huge and the RESERVE is very far from the beach (approx. 20 min. walk) to go the area reserved for the guest at the RESERVE. All the restaurants are near the beach, except for the GABI (buffet) and the VENTO which is located in the RESERVE lobby. Every 5 - 10 minutes, there are shuttles who bring you anywhere on the resort. A ten (10) minute walk brings you to the main Paradisus lobby where there are bars, shows, shops, animation nightly, but there are no restaurants there, except for the Fuego restaurant where you have to pay the food and drinks. The pool at the RESERVE is quite nice but is 5'deep, so you better be tall if you only want to spend time in the pool.

THE GROUNDS: .................ARE magnificent and luxurious. The most beautiful landscpaping we have ever seen.

ROOMS: Very disappointing. Dull and too much walls and doors. Very bad design.........

FOOD: The food at the Vento (only for RESERVE guests) is very good. We didn't go to the Fuego considering that we had paid enough for this trip. The two (2) buffet rest. are very good, but the "à la carte restaurants" are really not worth the waiting list, except maybe for the Terra (steakhouse). We went twice, the first time was quite good and we ordered the same meal on our second visit, and it was very bad.

All in all, we would not return at this resort, considering the rooms and the location.

Room Tip: If you intend to go to the RESERVE, ask for a Pool view room on the second floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank millionbells
Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments from your last stay at our Paradisus Punta Cana Resort . As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us. At the same time you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist in our hotel and take whatever corrective actions may be necessary.
I am very please with the compliments you gave to my staff, hotel grounds, restaurants and food quality.
Rest of assure you that we are acting upon your feedback. I guarantee you that your comment has been forwarded to the corresponding departments in order to find resolutions that will help us prevent any future matters.
If there is anything that you feel that I may assist you with and you wish to discuss it privately, please do not hesitate and contact me at calidad2.paradisus.punta.cana@solmelia.com.

Truly yours,

Guntersville, Alabama
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I traveled with two other couples for a week's vacation to Paradisus Punta Cana the last of April, first of May 2012. We found the resort and vacation to be a wonderful experience and very close to all we had expected. Our travel agent and the website had accurately described the resort, travel expectations, airport, transfer to/from the airport to the property, etc.
We struggled with the decision to stay at the Reserve, Royal Service or just the regular resort. We opted for the regular resort and then decided to check out the Reserve and Royal Service while we were there for a future return trip. We found the rooms and amenities are upgraded in the Reserve and the Royal Service, but there is an extra price to pay for these upgrades and it really depends on what you are wanting in service upgrades as to whether it is worth the differenece for your needs and expectations. We found the regular rooms to be attractive, clean, located at a good place on the property, and well decorated, so we were satisfied with our decision. On the first night our rooms were too hot, but we requested an adjustment of our air conditioning and that problem was solved the next day. Our favorite resturants were the El Romantico and the Dolce Vita--great food, service and atmosphere. We typically don't care for buffets, but the breakfast buffet each morning in the Gabi was great. Good food selection with various new items introduced each day and an attentive wait staff.This was our first all inclusive resort trip because we usually spend our vacations on a cruise, but we thought it was a good value compared to a cruise and enjoyed all the resort had to offer. Regarding the food comparison to a cruise, we preferred the breakfasts and lunches at Paradisus over a cruise, but thought the cruise wins out on the evening dinner meal. We found out that all the resturants are not open every night, wish the schedule had been more widely published of the nights each are open/closed.
The beaches were absolutely beautiful, the pool was fantastic and we especially enjoyed the abundance of activities. The guys played golf twice and had a great expereince. They said the greens were in very good shape and thought the course was very good--better than they had expected.
We took an excursion one day to Dr. Fish--a fun, relaxing spa trip that even the guys enjoyed. Definitely recommend it. We booked it out of the hotel with the knowledgeable staff of excursion specialists who did a great job.
One of the reasons our travel agent recommended we travel to the Domincan Republic was because of the people and we found that to be very accurate also. The staff at the resort was impecable, professional, kind, gracious, warm and receptive. We also found that to be true with others we met such as the van driver with our transfers to and from the airport, the guys who helped with the bags at the airport, the folks who booked the excursions, the folks who run the excursions and golf. I wish we recalled the names of everyone we met because they were so nice, kind, helpful and always had a smile or "Ola" to greet us. Some names we do recall who provided superior service--Anoysca (not sure I spelled her name correctly). We met her ther first day while taking our morning walk around the resort. She showed us the Royal Service rooms and described the services available, while giving us a good idea of everything available on the property and helped solve our air conditioning problem.
We had lots of fun in the pool area with Juan Cruz at the pool bar and Julio entertaining us with water aerobics. They went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and appreciated as guests. Really super was Edrey Cipriam--lots of fun teaching us to salsa. She always had a smile, kind word and good dance steps to share. Great staff!!!!!!
We liked having a photographer on staff and the opportunity to have some very good photos made. Suggest spending an hour of your vacation doing this. Great photo ops, great photographer, many different settings for pictures, will let you have wardrobe changes if you want various clothing looks and options for your pictures.
Overall a great vacation expereince--many activities are offered and we enjoyed each of them. Definitely recommend vacationing at Paradisus Punta Cana. Our sincere thanks and appreciation to the staff who made our vacation so wonderful!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Deborah C
Dear Deborah,

On behalf of the Paradisus Punta Cana’s staff, I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Resort for your vacations. Also, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments from your vacations at our Paradisus Punta Cana. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important.
We are grateful to receive the compliments you give to our Staff, room, our grounds and our services. I must say that it is a pleasure to learn that we achieve our goal of created unforgettable memories and I must confess that your feedback gives to us the approval and the energy to keep going all the way long.
We hope to see you again in the Resort enjoying other vacations.

Kanada
Reviewed May 15, 2012

It is a very nice hotel. There holiday dreams become true. We have liked everything very well. However, we will not go any more to this hotel. Animador Hector (no sapito) has asked us several times for money. He said, he has started in April there and needs the money. We have got to know later which we were not the only ones which he has asked. This has happened to us at no other hotel. We have said it in the Reception, but nothing has happened.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank JC C
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear guest,

First of all, on behalf of the Paradisus Punta Cana’s staff, I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Resort for your vacations. Also, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments from your vacations at our Paradisus Punta Cana. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important.
I am concern to know that you were disappointed with one of our staff member services, you can be sure that it will be my first priority that my staff receives all pertinent training and courses to change this behavior immediately.
I apologies for the inconvenience you have during your stay. If you want to contact me in a private matter please do not hesitated to contact me at calidad2.paradisus.punta.cana@melia.com

edmonton alberta
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I spent our 35th wedding anniversary at this hotel in April. We chose it based on the fact that we fell in love with it during our first visit the prior November - that we returned 6 months later as we missed the wonderful staff and beautiful property. Both times we stayed in Royal Service and royal it was!
Food was great with a different dining experience every night. I enjoyed all the activities from dance classes to pool classes.
The thing that draws us back is the friendliness and hospitality, and professionalism extended by the staff. They remembered our names,and met our every wish and more!! And all the time with great humor and fun! There are too many to thank but I could not go without saying thank you to the team in Royal Service under the guidance and supervision of Miledeys, along with Enrique and Mildred (you are both the best!); Rudy and Juan the butlers extrordinaire! the great service from Fernando on the Royal beach - , and the "gem" in the spa - Julie for the best facial and massage....and many many more!
It was the perfect place to spend that special anniversary where we were pampered and had such a relaxing holiday
We are happy to have met them all. We are already planning our next trip and can hardly wait to return to paradise!

Room Tip: go Royal Service. We chose beachfront, but the extra perks with Royal Service are worth it
1 Thank winner101
Dear guest,

I would like to express my gratitude for choosing our Paradisus Punta Cana Resort to celebrate your wedding anniversary, also for letting us know that you have a good experience during your second visit at our Resort. You have to know that here in Paradisus Punta Cana we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guest’s expectations.
I appreciate that you took the time to write and express your gratitude on the staff and the hotel.
I look forward to hosting you again at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort.

ct
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I just returned from the Paradisus and had a wonderful time. We went in early May and it was no crowded at all! Had no problems getting beach chairs at any time of day and no waits for restaurants.

ARRIVAL: We arrived at the airport with many other flights so lines were long but they did an excellent job at moving people along. We got a taxi for the 25 minute ride to the resort for $35 right away. I would recommend a taxi over the buses which seemed hectic and inconvenient.

CHECK IN/ CHECK OUT: At the reserve check in, we were greeted by Yelissa, who was wonderful and was able to help us with all of our questions. We also were told we had resort credit that we had to pick up the next day in the main lobby. After hearing about all the time share stories we were sure we would have to sit through a talk in order to get our credit. However, we did not! We were never approached by anyone trying to sell timeshares. Check in and check out were very quick and easy. Upon checking out, we told them we needed a taxi back to the airport and it arrived in literally a minute.

THE RESERVE: We decided to stay in The Reserve section of the resort, which, although it is farther from the beach than other parts of the resort, I would highly recommend it. The rooms were very nice and spacious and housekeeping did a good job and stocked the minibar with plenty of waters and other drinks daily. In each reserve building lobby there is a concierge who can help you with any room repairs or any resort questions. At the desk in the building lobby there is a list of restaurants that are open that day. Not every restaurant is open everyday, which we did not know initially, so its important to check here first.

FOOD: We were nervous after hearing many bad reviews about the food. We are not particularly picky but we appreciate and know a good meal. The only restaurant you need a reservation for is Sakura and this must be made day of across from Ciel restaurant between 10-11 AM. We were unaware of this and were never able to try this restaurant. Obviously, the food at the ala carte restaurants was far superior to the buffets. The buffets were pretty standard: good selection, not the best quality/ freshest food at times, but there is usually something you can get cooked on site as part of the buffet. I would suggest not going to the buffets if it can be avoided.
GABI: We at breakfast here every morning since it was at the Reserve. Fresh fruit, cheeses, meats and breads along with pancakes, waffles and eggs were available everyday along with daily specialties. Made to order omelets, eggs and fruit smoothies were also available daily.
DOLCE VITA: We went here for lunch everyday we could. It is an italian restaurant open for lunch and dinner. This is the only ala carte restaurant open for lunch. The food was excellent here, and that's coming from an Italian. I would recommend the spinach tagliatelle in the salmon cream sauce. The pizzas were also good, I especially enjoyed the banana pizza.
TERRA: This is an ala carte steakhouse. I got the tenderloin medallion and it was AMAZING! And cooked perfectly. The guacamole appetizer was also very good and tasted very fresh. My boyfriend got the ribeye steak which was just O.K.
RODIZIO: This is a Brazilian steakhouse. They came around with meats on skewers and served you. There was also a salad and dessert bar. I was not impressed with this food and although it is not a full buffet, it was not much better.
QI: This is a chinese ala carte restaurant. Overall it was good; typical chinese food.
VENTO: This restaurant was open to Reserve and Royal Service guests only. This was probably the fanciest restaurant at the resort. It had a lot of good seafood dishes.
El ROMANTICO: Ala carte. More good seafood dishes.
OVERALL: service was very good, food came out very quick and we never had any problems with food or ordering. Everything we got was good and always came out piping hot and fresh. We never had to wait to be seated. Portions at some restaurants are on the smaller side but you can order an appetizer and dessert and it is more than enough! If you are a big eater you can order multiple entrees as well! Food always served with a smile!!

BARS:
Drinks are not watered down and even if they were, you can order as many as your heart desire (or just ask for doubles). Most of the bartenders are very nice and understand most drinks you would want to order. The lobby bar is a fun place to hang out, be entertained, and meet people. There is also a bar near all the restaurants if you ever need to wait to be seated. The Gabi bar and the Reserve pool bar had a relaxed feel and there was even a server walking around the pool to fetch drinks. Special shout out to Kelvin and Danny Romero. Both were extremely nice and constantly refilling my drink. They spoke english very well, also. Not only was Danny a good bartender, but at the end of the week, he was our friend. He is easy to talk to and is always smiling. This guy basically made our trip as good as it was! Also...I would recommend the dirty monkey...basically a mudslide with a banana in it.. unbelievable. Drinks were always flowing and always offered! One night at the Red Lounge I asked if they had fresh bananas for my dirty monkey and they did not, which I told them was fine but the manager got on the phone right away and a few minutes later I had my fresh bananas!! Excellent service!!

ACTIVITIES:
When you check in they give you a list of free activities offered through the resort each day. We did a cigar workshop and a cocktail workshop which were so much fun and we learned a lot. We also did a merengue lesson which was so much fun! Each morning they have "stretching" or pilates on the beach which was wonderful. The staff is so friendly and truly made our experience unforgettable.
They also have free non-motorized rentals. We made a reservation to take a small catamaran boat out for an hour. When we got there they asked if we knew how to do it, which we did not. So they went out a worker with us to teach us how to sail the boat...for free! Obviously we tipped him well, however.
Also, if you walk by the beach to the left if you are facing the ocean), there are shacks selling souvenirs, mamajuana, rum, jewelry, paintings, etc. They will initially give you a very high price but you can talk them down to a reasonable price, one lower than the prices at the resort store.

NIGHTLIFE:
The casino was disappointing and small. Lost a few bucks on the slots and left.
At 10:00 PM every night by the lobby bar there is a dance show with a different theme. The dancers were very good and these shows were always entertaining. Then at 11:00 PM the Red Lounge Disco opens....it doesn't get crowded until about midnight and the DJ was good, playing a mix of American hits, older hits as well as Dominican music.

OVERALL: I would highly recommend Paradisus Punta Cana. When walking down the beach it really does look like the best resort in the area. The beach chairs here are MUCH nicer than at the surrounding hotels.
I can't imagine how anyone could not like this place. For what you are paying, especially, it is unbelievable and it truly is paradise.
Also bring lots of $1's for tips. These people are so nice and work so hard that you truly will want to tip them!!
Excellent trip and loved the resort and all the workers! Had the time of our life and would definitely go back!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank alyssa r
Dear Alyssa,

First of all thank you for choosing Paradisus Punta Cana. It is a pleasure to learn that your experience at The Reserve has been of your complete satisfaction, which is our main goal. I appreciate your compliments on our restaurants, bars and other accommodations; I assure you that your comment has been forwarded to the corresponding departments in order to let our personnel know that their hard work and efforts to providing the best quality service has met its purpose.
Once again thank you for extending your experience to us. We await you soon at your “home away from home” in the Caribbean Paradisus Punta Cana.

Best regards,