“Great vacation in paradise!”

Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
Ranked #26 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We had a blast in this place. We had the opportunity to enjoy "the Reserve” thanks to a free upgrade. The people there are great and fun. Jose de la cruz is amazing and great person and the adventure park. The entertainment team does an excellent job! And the shows are great and dynamic. Thank you!! Romeo and adri from the entertainment team. Also Juan at the main pool Bar and Miguel at the reserve bar are very down to eath. The restaurants are very good and the drinks are great too! We made friends with other guests and had a blast!

We cant wait to come back to Punta cana and will definitely go back to Paradisus Punta Cana!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Dear Betty G,

Before anything thank you for choosing us. I am more than pleased to know that your stay with us at the “Reserve” has been a great experience and that our services and facilities have met your expectation for that is our number 1 goal.

We appreciate your compliments to our Staff, be sure that they will be extended to them as an encouragement to keep up the good and hard work so that we all guarantee the total satisfaction of our guests and make their holidays unforgettable.

We are expecting you soon so that once again we have the opportunity to serve you here at our Paradisus Punta Cana Resort "your home away from home" in the Caribbean.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

My wife and I married on October 8th, 2011. We went down to this resort by recommendation of Liberty Travel. Thanks to Amanda there I will have a memory I will never forget. A honeymoon at Paradisius was one we will never forget!

The food was very good in all restaurant, and it was interesting to try new things. We were happy with the portion sizes because it gave you a chance to "taste" whatever local flavors they have available. I really recommend Terra (The steakhouse) Restaurant.

One thing that could have helped was a packet that gave tips to an all inclusive resort. It took us two days to figure out the ins an outs of Punta Cana. We were upgraded to a Reserve Suite (NICE) but didnt realize we could call the concierge to have someone come pick us up. So we spent a lot of the first two days walking around and waiting for someone to pick us up to take us to the beach.

We really recommend taking a trip to Santo Domingo. ALthough it is a 13 hour trip (With 8 hours of travel time) It was great to see the central city and our guide did an excellent job of catering to our english. It was really interested to see the citys we passed through and to walk through the central district and see domino playing, where christopher and his son diego lived and the controversies of Span and the Dominican Republic.

Remember that a lot of trips are free such as snorkeling and catamaran. They are great fun but be sure to learn to say no to the upgrades which cost money. The free things are awesome on their own.

One only major thing that upset us: They offer a shuttle to the mall in which you can spend an hour to shop. The shuttle showed up 10-12 minutes late to pick us up (no big deal here) so when we got to the stores, the guy said he would pick us up at 7:30pm. At that point it was 6:45pm and we felt a little pressed for time. We took the bus with a family of 10 Portuguese who all spoke little Spanish like ourselves. At 730 we walked out of the mall to find our ride and a bunch of taxi drivers swamped us asking when our bus was coming back. They showed us their phone and it said 7:32. We were worried that we may have missed the bus and were going to have to pay a big amount to drive us back to our resort and that something could have happened. Then to our surprise, right behind us all 10 Portuguese people showed up behind us. Now, being 3-4 minutes after 7:30, how could we all have missed the bus. He was 10 minutes late picking us up but we are guessing he NEVER came back to pick us up. A BIG SCAM. So we all got in a taxi that ended up costing the group about 35$

Room Tip: GO and see FILIPE at the bar near Terra and Ciel. He is amazing and really puts forth a lot of effor...

Dear Zachary K,

First of all thank you for choosing us. I am more than just satisfied to learn that your stay here on such a memorable occasion was of your pleasure and that our facilities and treatments made it possible, which is our number 1 goal.
I am deeply sorry that you had this inconvenient with the shuttle; we will extend your comment and investigate what happened, please keep in mind the shuttle service is provided by an extern company.
Once again thank you very much for choosing us and extending your comments
It is always a pleasure to hear from your experiences it keeps us motivated to satisfying the needs and expectations of our guests to provide them with a stay that they’ll never forget at “their home away from home” in the Caribbean, which is our number 1 commitment.

Hoping to see you soon,

Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have been coming to this hotel since 1998. No other hotel comes near. The service, the food, the gardens, the beach, the quality of drinks, the entertainment and the friendly faces of the staff, lot's of them still there after all these years. I travel throughout the world and have been to many different destinations in my my time but this Paradisus is still my second home from home. It's worth paying that little bit extra to stay at this amazing all inclusive resort. The continuous upgrading of the facilities have been out of this world and this year the rooms are nearing completion of their 3 overhaul.... they look stunning!

Room Tip: There are all types of rooms available to accomodate all requirements. For example, on the beach fr...

Dear Leandro Busto,

First of all thank you for choosing us during the past 13 years, it is a pleasure and a main goal to give our guests the best treatment and facilities possible and personally it’s a pleasure to learn that your stay has been such a great experience, and that
Our facilities and treatments have met your expectations for I repeat that is our
Number 1 priority.
Once again thank you for extending your experience and for choosing us, it’s a pleasure for it helps us know that our staff efforts to accommodating you have come to their end and that you have been pleased.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Let me start out with the most concerning part of my trip. My 5 year old daughter fell in the bathroom and got a nasty cut on her chin. The staff sent us to their on-site clinic which confirmed our suspicion that she needed stitches. We were charged $165 for that advice plus a band-aid. After the clinic we asked the front desk to take us to the hospital. They refused and told us that we could take a taxi instead, which delayed us in getting our daughter to the hospital. The doctor at the hospital told us to keep my daughters chin bandaged when she is outside to keep sand out of the stitches. Upon our return I asked the staff to supply us with bad-aids. They gave us 2 then told us we had to buy the rest at the gift shop. I do not understand how a guest can fall on their property and they do very little to help. I would have expected them to cover the $165 for their on-site clinic and take us to the hospital. But I was shocked when they told me I had to pay for band-aids! At this point I asked to fill out an accident report because I wanted to document the injury. They told me that they do not keep track of injuries that occur on their property. Later they did leave us a note saying they hoped our daughter was feeling better and to let them know if we needed anything. I told them we needed band-aids and was refused again. If they respond with a canned response that management will look into it, believe me when I say that management was the one telling the front desk not to pay for the clinic, not to take us to the hospital, and not to give us band-aids.

I want to be fair to the resort so I will say that the pools and the beach are incredible, the room was very nice, the food was ordinary at best, and the liquor was expectantly bottom shelf. They do put a lot of effort into maintaining the resort and it shows. If they had showed more concern for my daughter after her accident I would have rated the resort higher.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Josh N
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2011

Dear Josh N.
Before anything thank you for choosing us. I am deeply sorry about your daughter’s accident, although I’m glad that you have shared your experience with us, direct feedback from our guests is the most valuable advice we can receive. It allows us to recognize our areas of weakness and make appropriate adjustments to our services and processes. I assure you that your comment has been forwarded to the corresponding departments in order to learn what exactly happened. The reports made inform that you were given band aids every time you requested them, if you considered at some point that you should have been given or that you simply needed more you just had to ask for them and you would have been provided with the quantity asked for in order to please your needs.
To what the transportation concerns we do not include the service for out side of the hotel purposes, the transportation given is by an independent company, and therefore the fee charged is not included within our services no matter what the purpose is. Once again I am sorry about the incident for it is something that escapes all of our hands and sometimes there are simply something’s that we wish but yet can’t control.
At the time of your check out you had informed us that you were pleased with the service and assistance that you were provided, but if you still consider that there are further things that we should discuss you may contact us at
calidad2.paradisus.punta.cana@melia.com and we will be more than glad to attend you with the assistance needed.
Thank you for complimenting our compound and its facilities, once again I assure you that your comments have been forwarded, in order to keep the personnel motivated into giving the best that they possibly can so that we provide our guests with the best quality possible.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2011

i recently got married at Paradisus Punta Cana. I heard about this resort from two friends who had also gotten married here in the past. the hotel was absolutely gorgeous! The reviews are dead on when they say you have to walk a lot. the grounds are massive but golf carts come around every 5-10 minutes. The service is outsatanding from the staff. what ever you ask for they get it for you. i feel like the housekeepers, concierge, servers, busers overall did a great job. We stayed at the reserve part of the hotel and it was worth it. The wedding was absolutely fantastic! i enjoyed the food at all the restaurants minus Fuego. Fuego has the slowest service of all the restaurants. make sure you bring lots of singles for tipping. the drinks were delicious! make sure to try a banana daiquiri.

1  Thank fanHollywood_Florida

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for choosing our Paradisus Punta Cana. It is more than just a pleasure to learn about your experience with us and that our facilities have met your needs and expectations, for that is our number 1 priority to make the stay of our guests
as pleasant as it is possible.
I appreciate your compliments on our compound and that the service that you’ve received has met your expectations, assuring us that our staffs’ efforts to accommodate and meet the needs of our guests have been met; this definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence in service.
Regarding the service of “Fuego” restaurant we apologize for we intend to serve as fast as it is possible although at times things might tighten up be sure that we are putting our best effort to give our guests the service that they well deserve and I assure you that your comment has been forwarded to our people.
Once again thank you for making us your choice and for extending your experience to us, our guests comments are very welcomed and appreciated for it motivates us to keep providing you with the best quality service possible.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

I had a marvelous time at Paradisus Punta Cana and I didn't want to leave! This is hands down the best Punta Cana resort I've been to and I would go back in a heartbeat. All the employees were extremely attentive and friendly. We stayed in the Reserve area because of a complimentary upgrade and it was well worth it because of the quality of the suite. The only thing to note is that from the Reserve it's a 10 minute walk to the beach (as opposed to the standard area which is closer), but I didn't mind it because it's a beautiful walk!

The resort was spectacular! It has a sophisticated feel without disturbing the natural beauty of its surroundings. The gardens with exotic tropical flora, the decorations, the artwork, the wonderfully scented lobby -- every single detail was taken into account when designing this place. I would love to meet the landscape architects who planned out the gardens to thank them for offering us a slice of heaven! It really feels like a true paradise. The beach was absolutely breathtaking. The beach chairs and beds are so comfortable! The only thing about the beach is I was expecting more tranquil waters, but this beach has more waves than I expected.

More likes:
1) A lot of water sports are included with your resort package -- snorkeling, catamaran ride, etc.
2) At the Reserve you can have drinks brought to you while you're laying on the sand, without having to get up and grab them at the bar. Talk about five star!
3) The entertainment shows are of a very high quality. Top dancers, singers and all-around performers.
4) The club looks like an upscale lounge.

Going back to the people who work there, the customer service was exceptional. The phrase most heard from staff was "my pleasure" and they really made you feel like it was a pleasure for them to serve you and show you a good time. I took down the names of some of the people who made our vacation a fantastic experience.

All of the ACTIVIDADES team! Jose de la Cruz was a terrific dancer. In the adventure park he was helpful, attentive and made me feel welcome and comfortable when trying new activities, such as wall climbing. The dancers and all of the ANIMACION crew were awesome! I unfortunately did not take down their names but they were there from Sunday 10/9 to Thursday 10/13 wearing purple shirts and getting people to dance in the lobby area.
The people in the bars and restaurants who showed us exceptional customer service:
Santiago from Sakura - very friendly and fun! My mom and I were the only ones who showed up for the sushi workshop and he put on a show for us as if he were doing it for a mass audience! He made the hibachi style dinner very entertaining.
Ramon Ramirez (waiter) ALWAYS went out of his way for us
Jorge Luis Vilorio Ramirez (Lobby bar)
Roberto Espinal
Perla Luna
Masiel Yaneli Mercedes

Areas for improvement:
1) The toiletries were poor quality and there was no hair conditioner. I didn’t bring lotion, shampoo, or soap because I figured the hotel would have them, a decision that I regretted the whole time. The soap dries out your skin in an instant. I expected better quality soap, lotion, shower gel and shampoo from a five-star hotel. To the people reading this review: remember to take all of your own toiletries! To the staff at Paradisus: please improve the quality of the toiletries and consider adding conditioner.

2) Food was delicious throughout, the only unique exceptions being the following and I only list them for the hotel management to improve on them by the time I return!
Lobster lasagna at Gabi - WAY too much lobster and the lobster did not taste as fresh
Chicken ravioli at Vento - pasta was undercooked
Mussels at Ciel - the mussels in general were unpleasantly big and gummy

Room Tip: The Reserve rooms are farther away from the beach.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Anya C

Dear Anya C.

First of all, we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, as well as for letting us know about your recent experience. In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinion.
We appreciate your comments about our different areas and activities; it assures us that your stay with us was pleasant, I guarantee you that your notes have been forwarded to the corresponding departments, although it surprises me since we have never received any observations regarding our amenities due to the fact these are the same products that we provide in the majority of our chain hotels.
I am very proud to have received your personal comments, informing us that, besides these incidents, you were satisfied with the hotel in general, that your stay was very enjoyable and fulfilled your dreams we are proud to receive comments and opinions such as yours.
Once again thank you for choosing us, we are expecting you soon so that once again we have the opportunity to serve you here at our Paradisus Punta Cana Resort "your home away from home" in the Caribbean.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

oh how I want to go back ... carts to drive you around ... the beach & body surfing ... comfortable rooms and beds ... super friendly staff ... and the most amazing food and ice frappe drinks.

There are fine dining restaurants and the buffet restaurants. The food in the restaurants was amazing (I didn't care for Fuego though). Favorites were banana pizza, fried cheese, portobello mushrooms stuffed with crab on a bed of diced muscles topped with mornay sauce and the glazed duck ... OMG.

We stayed in the Reserve section and it was well worth it. 2 adjoining rooms were so so nice. Really good food for room service. The personal concierge was most helpful and did everything for me (which is good when you're a single mom with two children). The grounds were totally safe. Weekend nights were noisy with party music, but not too bad. The pool was oh so warm.

I highly recommend this place and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Dear Amelia K,

First of all thank you for choosing us. It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and you may rest assured that your comments have been forwarded to the various Departments of the Hotel.
We appreciate you taking your time to tell us your experience it is of great value to us and this assures that our efforts to providing you with the best of qualities has been accomplished, motivating our staff members to keep giving their 101% and if possible more.