“Excellent getaway”

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
Ranked #22 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Four of my girlfriends and I stayed here during April vacation. The resort staff was so friendly and helpful. The resort is very well maintained and there is a variety of pools, bars, and of course a beautiful beach. The food at the buffet is standard at an all inclusive but has a very nice variety. The restaurants are excellent but you need to make a reservation early the morning before. I would definitely recommend this resort to any one looking for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank LaurenCt
Director Sandy P, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Barceló Bavaro Beach and for the time you spent to share your personal impressions on your stay; reviews like yours are truly inspiring for our dedicated team.

We make every effort to create memories that last a lifetime and to give unforgettable experiences to our guests; this is the reason why we are pleased to see that we reached our goal with you.

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have been extremely impressed with the helpful staff at Barcelo Bavaro Beach! When I first got here, I went to the wrong hotel lobby and many people went out of their way to make sure I was deliviered to the correct spot. Once I made it to the correct hotel, my credit card did not work due to the fact that I had not notified my bank of my trip. The front desk receptionist, Yaritza P. could not have been more helpful. She offered me a few different options of how I could get money or get a hold of my bank and everything worked out perfectly! She could have easily washed her hands of the situation and made me sit in the lobby until my friend arrived tonight, since it was completely my fault that I was having trouble paying. She helped me with a smile the entire time. I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Megan P

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback.

It is an honor to know that our staff is providing our guests with the natural warm and hospitality that characterize the Dominican people. Please be assured that your nice comments will be forward to our staff. They will be delighted to know that they are making a difference in each guest experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2014

First things first. The resort is huge. I mean really, really big. I wasn't really aware of how large it was until I started exploring, and then I realized just how large the resort really is. All in all, it was nice. I stayed on the adults-only side, and had a room overlooking the beach with a fantastic view. The beach itself is gorgeous, with white sand and beautiful water. It's really tough to beat the beach because the water and endless white sand combine for a wonderful, relaxed atmosphere. I read a few reviews about seaweed everywhere, which is nonesense. It's the ocean, so you should expect it on some level. That said, the staff did an amazing job of keeping the beach clean on a daily basis. Very nice. The only thing that baffled me was that the swim up bar in the pool was on the other side of the resort, not the adults-only side, which makes no sense.

For much of my trip, I was underwhelmed by the food, but finally found two restaurants that were pretty good. Chez Gourmet and La Barissa. The later opens right to the ocean, so the views are great at night with a terrific breeze. Santa Fe was good, but not great. Personally, I don't understand the mandate for men to wear long pants to dinner. It's the Dominican Republic. In July. Long pants is overkill while on vacation, but those are the rules.

The gym was nice (not great, but certainly useable). All in all, the staff were very nice. Not great at English, but whoever worked in the guest services area always remembered my name and was exceptionally helpful. Check in and check out were a breeze. No problems at all.

I stayed for nine days, so it was a nice break from reality. I prefer a resort that's a little smaller but it's hard to beat the combation of beach, ocean and wonderful weather.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank PSSelf

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Barceló Bavaro Beach for your holidays and for the time you spent sharing your review with other travelers on Tripadvisor.com.

We do not know how to thank you for this kind of comments. Posts such as yours delight us and gives us confidence to keep working hard to satisfy our customers and improve our service.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My daughter and I just got home from Punta Cana, we stayed 7 nights.The hotel is beautiful but that's about it...the hotel credits are a joke, I read a few comments before I left saying that but I thought they didn't use them right well those comments are true and I am here to tell you they are worthless!!! The food at all the buffets are gross, made us sick every time we eat. And before you wonder we kept eating at them, I will tell you during the day they are the only places you can eat. We tried most of the restaurants but kept going back to the steak house, great food. Chez was the worst place to eat, Italian and the Mexican was just ok. No one told us this so read this carefully NONE of the buffets or restaurants let you take any leftovers with you so eat as much as you can than. We asked for a to go box and they gave us plastic cups. I requested top floor when I paid for my trip at check in I noticed we are on the bottom floor didn't want to start complaining so I just kept quiet, also at check in I asked about the hotel credits I was told to go and talk to guest staff which I did and that is when I was told how they work and knew that very minute it was a huge scam!! After the first night we knew we had to move rooms due to the all the moving furniture at 6am and stomping..went to the front desk got major attitude and was told I had to move from building 1 to building 4...ok building 1 is the best it is next to everything, building 4 is like a different resort..I asked for a closer room and got more attitude and was told take it or stay in our room and deal with it. We left our towel at the beach 1 night by accident next day asked for a new one was told it would cost me $20.00 I was in shock. We planned a day trip to the "Fish Doctor" paid $310.00 for it, day of we got all showered took off all of our jewelry as told went down to the lobby (my daughter and I was so excited) was told the trip was cancelled. It took me 20 minutes to find out why and than 10 minutes more to argue about a refund (which I still haven't received). This is the day I think they planned on stealing our stuff...it just so happened my daughter stayed in the room while I went out to the beach because she was so mad our trip was cancelled not sure if cancelled is even the right word...the guy told us that trip was never available at the time our event planner told us...but he sure took my payment real fast for a trip that was NEVER gonna happen..anyways my daughter was sleeping when all of a sudden she woke up to 2 maids in our room (room was already cleaned that day) shuffling around my daughter got up saw them and they looked at her with shock and said we are here to clean the room...my daughter than said it was already cleaned...they left real fast. My thought is they got wind we would be out for 4 hours, but was never told we didn't go. I loved the staff on the beach very nice, lots of fun, Pool staff (who gets you drinks) hide don't blame it is hot in that sun. I noticed the men bartenders are nicer to the woman, the woman are rude to the woman. Our biggest problem was trying to get someone anyone that spoke English...I was expecting someone in that big resort to be able to understand me...and I think they use that for their own benefit. My final thought...scammed by hotel credits, bad food, if you stay past building 2 no point of staying at that resort, DO NOT bring any jewelry, carry all your cash, don't lose your orange towel. As soon as we landed we got stopped and told we had to get up the next morning for a very important meeting...that meeting that I had to be at, at 830am was for my event planner to try to sell you day trips!! Hotel was clean, pool was awesome, beach breath-taking....

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Lynn D
Director Sandy P, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear guest,

We thank you for choosing Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.

I have read thoroughly your comments because they are very important for us as a responsible and professional hotel chain. On behalf of all our team, we would to extend our most sincere apologies for any difficulties you may have experience during your stay. For us it is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us.

We hope to give us the opportunity to provide the care and quality you deserve at a future visit.

We remain at your entire disposition for any assistance you might need before your visit.

As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The resort is clean, beach and pool fantastic. Some women go topless at the beach but not at the pool just so you know. The food is very good, Chez Gourmet had the best service (best of the best). The entertainment was mostly average, but the Michael Jackson tribute was terrific! We enjoyed our stay and will probably go back.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Adult only section.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert M
Director Sandy P, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Barceló Bavaro Beach for your holidays. In the name of our entire staff, we want to thank you for taking time to share your review with other travelers.

We feel proud to read that our staff was able to make you felt like home during your stay and that we surpassed your expectations. Comments like yours are the best source of motivation for us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cordially,

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great place, great memories... I am Dominican that lives in the US, so I expected to be neglected for the "true turists" however I had the best experience ever in a resort. Service was excellent! Evelyn from Guest Services and Clary from the Mexican restaurant were outstanding, but it is hard to say that since everyone was excellent. Clean rooms, great food (although lunch buffet could be better) I found lunch to be 100% better at the Dominican buffet on the other side. Relaxing and free of horse playing teenagers!!! What could be better?! I spent 7 days and would do the same anytime I have an opportunity to do so.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear guest,

I will like to thank you for highlighting out the excellent service of our friendly staff and also for pointing out the beauty of our grounds and our excellent gastronomy.

We will be honored to welcome you back. Do not hesitate to contact us prior your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I can't say enough great things about this resort! I would recommend spending the little bit extra and doing the club premium. It is well worth it to get premium liquor and the restaurant reservations.

Room Tip: The oceanfront suite is fantastic- book with club premium! You won't regret it!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

First of all we thank you for choosing our hotel Barceló Bavaro Beach for your holidays and for the time you took to share your review with the online community.

We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially the Club Premium Services highlighting the friendliness of our employees, I’m glad you have been enjoying the a la carte restaurants.