We attended a wedding at Barceló Bavaro during the winter. We were with a huge group of people of all ages, and boy did we all have a blast!
The hotel accommodations on the adult side of the hotel definitely need some upgrading like the family side had. But they were very comfortable and had great AC for those hot nights.
The pools all over both resorts were great. The swim up bar was by far the most fun, but there are too many kids around. Which I found funny that they had a swim up bar at the kid pool but not the adult one?
Food was alright. We went as a part of a wedding and the bachelorette dinner at the western restaurant where they mainly serve beef made me sick, and then we had that again the night before the wedding for the rehearsal dinner and again I was sick but only for a short period of time. The wedding dinner itself was absolutely disgusting. The chicken had the worst pesto on it and was soaking wet, and just warm and the whole dinner was just bad. Stick to the Japanese Al La Carte and the buffets. There was a lot of selection at the buffets and they were all good.
Overall we met some really great people who worked at the hotel and were all friendly. You have to have an open mind and go wanting to learn about their culture and possibly learn some Spanish. I have read some reviews saying they are rude to people, but in reality you need to treat others with respect and not act above them and like they are there to serve you. They are people too doing their daily job and are really great at it! We had an absolute great time and would go back in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana