My husband and I traveled to Punta Cana from March 21-28th and had the most amazing time at Barcelo Bavaro Beach. There isn't enough space to discuss all of the great things that this resort offers!
Pristine. Clear blue water and beautiful soft sand. The beach is very wide and had plenty of lounge chairs to go around. Not once did we not find a spot on the beach. In walking farther down Bavaro Beach and passing some of the other resorts, we found that other stretches of the beach were VERY packed and loud. The beach for the Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort almost seems to be on its own little island.
Amazing. Everywhere someone was cleaning something, trimming trees, sweeping..it was just SO clean and beautiful. The trees and shrubs and flowers were so pretty and made for such a beautiful backdrop in all of our pictures. Yes, the resort is HUGE. Much bigger than we had originally thought. But that's what makes it special- when we were riding back and forth between the resorts on the shuttle we found ourselves continually commenting on how quiet and not crowded it seemed. We loved it. And the shuttle isn't completely necessary. We walked back and forth many times and found it to be a nice, short walk, especially in the perfect weather.
Our favorite spot! We loved sitting in the water in the shade in between sunning..the pool area is just so heavenly! And we had prompt drink service while we were sunning! The music can get a bit loud by the pool/beach, but it didn't bother me if we sat on the opposite side of the pool while I was reading.
Overall, great. I didn't have a complaint at all about any of the dishes we tried (and we both got pretty adventurous) I did extensive research of the reviews before booking, and avoided restaurants that people did not speak highly of. We ate at Kyoto (extra charge, but it was my birthday :)), Santa Fe Steakhouse (get the filet), Chez Gourmet (twice), La Fuente (great!) and La Brisa, only for lunch. Service was sometimes a little iffy (waited 10+ minutes to be greeted/get drinks and then order) but we just enjoyed each other's company and didn't feel like making a fuss. We honestly liked all of the restaurants we tried.
Beautiful!! Room 2045 was perfect- a corner room with only one neighbor, and an ocean-view! Stunning view from the patio (which we enjoyed every day sitting and drinking our Presidente!). Very clean, A/C worked wonderfully, TV was good, mini-bar and snacks re-stocked every day, and it was very spacious. Only complaint is that the linens had some stains and didn't look very clean some days- I'm sure most had been washed multiple times since stains were made, but I think if they are discolored in any way they should be thrown out.
Very helpful, kind, and knowledgeable. I was impressed with how many people spoke multiple languages (or at least basic words to help people). Everyone we encountered was very nice and appreciated our effort with speaking Spanish. In addition, they helped make my birthday very special! A cake was delivered to my room which was very delicious!
We chose to go over to the Deluxe resort almost every night even if we didn't eat over there. The casino is a lot of fun (though very small)- the staff there is fabulous, especially at the bar! And the disco was great (although not very crowded when we went)..We loved hanging out in the lounge outside of the casino and disco to hear the wonderful piano man and enjoy drinks! Also, there is a really cool sitting area outside on the upstairs level overlooking the pool- there are awesome seats and lanterns which made for a nice place to sit and enjoy the weather and a drink.
We had an AMAZING week at Barcelo Bavaro Beach and hope to come back next year!! We would absolutely stay at the same place and hopefully get the same room! Love love love everything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana