Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$371
$335
$261
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$259
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$370
$315
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$160
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$234
$128
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$328
$218
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$292
$194
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$508
8,860 results
All reviewschez gourmetla brisaclub premiumpalace deluxebavaro beachguest servicesdeluxe sidecaribe buffetsanta fe steakhouseadults only sectionocean frontswim up barpalm treesa la carte restaurantschateaubrianddinner reservationsseafood
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We had a super nice stay at Barcelo Bavaro Beach! The landscape is wonderful and all the details at the resort are well taken care of, there is absolutely nothing out of place in the common area. The staff is extremelly helpful and friendly too. The restaurants were all good, especially the ones which are not buffet; there are choices enough and it is really "all inclusive". The only improvement to make it absolutely perfect would be the renovation of the bathrooms in the room, as it is indeed dated.

Room Tip: Building 6 is closer to the beach, so allow some sea view even from side bedrooms, it is also well located in the middle of beach resort and palace deluxe.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank APeS08
Director Sandy P, Director General at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for sharing your experience with the online community.

Exceeding our guest expectations and offer memorable experiences is our goal. Thank you for your nice comments regarding our property and the staff.

We appreciate your review and hope to host you in paradise near in the future.

Warms regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2013

2 friends and I had a 50's girls week. The hotel was wonderful, clean, lots of beach front and fabulous pools. We stayed on the Adults only side and were amazed at all the different cultures staying there. Everyone was kind and cordial. The beach felt like flour under your feet, cool and clean. Plenty of loungers. The grounds were well maintained and the workers very friendly. We are Americans and were surprised at how few people spoke english. One thing were did not know is that we should have tipped our room attendant the first day. We are used to waiting until the day we leave to put a tip in the room. They are used getting something up front and they attend you accordingly. Wash cloths are not readily available and the room attendant did not know what we were talking about and did not speak any english at all. Food was very pretty and interesting. Most was quite good.
We went on the pirate ship excursion where you swam with the sharks and rays. That was very entertaining and good fun. We could have walked down the beach to where the boat is docked in 1/4 the time it took the bus to get us from our resort to the ship. But it was great fun.

Room Tip: Ocean view, even the ones set back and on the end are quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kaye K

Dear guest,

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen Barceló Bavaro Beach as your holiday destination. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback as it enables us to continue improving and providing our service for our guests.

I really appreciate all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially our kindness in providing our services.

Please feel sure that your observations are taking into great consideration for their analysis, in order to analyze the points you mentioned.

Hope to see you back in our property near in the future,

Sincerely

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

It's a great location, lots of Europeans! Ross at guest services was very attentive and speaks good English, so it was easy to communicate with him. We stayed at the junior suites, which is excellent. The only downfall is the food gets redundant especially the buffets during the day. Be sure to brush up on your Spanish bc some ppl here hardly speak any, which creates a communication barrier. One cool thing in the all inclusive is the non motorized water sports I.e. Paddling and laser boat is included.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shy Z

Dear guest,

We thank you for trusting in Barceló Bavaro Beach to celebrate your honeymoon and sharing your valuable opinion with us.

We appreciate your wonderful comments towards Ross at the Guest Service department, it make us feel very proud of him and our complete staff.

With regards about language barrier, this country is in Spanish, but in our resort we have different department where employees are multilingual as: English, French, German and Russian. These departments are Reception, Guest services, Club Premium and Supervisor at restaurants and bars.

We await you pretty soon for your first anniversary,

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed at this resort from November 21-26th, I was celebrating my 27th birthday which hadn't even been told to the employees that worked there yet I was gifted a t-shirt and a birthday cake for my birthday the day of it, which was a wonderful surprise.

We booked through Delta Vacations and trying to get a ride from the airport to the resort was a little sketchy at first, a lot of people in one area, a lot of buses and a bunch of people who seem to not know which one to put you on but once we finally got on and were headed towards the resort, all was well.

When we arrived, we were greeted with welcome drinks and check-in was relatively painless, my aunt and uncle's room wasn't ready yet because they asked to be moved closer to where our rooms were so that was fine, they put their stuff in our room and we went down to one of the buffets for a quick bite. We didn't realize that the buffet was about to change over for dinner, so it was slim pickings for food and there were no utensils or anything on the table, no one really came over to check on us and get us drinks but as I said, they were getting ready to close to change over to dinner.

The resort was beautiful, it was big but I didn't feel that it was overwhelming. I read someone say on here that the train trip took over a half an hour to get to the other side of the resort, that couldn't be more false. We would leave the adults only side with 10 minutes to spare till our dinner reservations and make it over there in less than 5 minutes, every time. We made our dinner reservations the first night we got there, which I recommend because the times are kind of off, you either have to go at 6-7pm or super late, past 9pm. We were able to make reservations at Sante Fe (steak), Chez Gourmet (upscale, french), La Dolce Vita (italian), and Corel (seafood) which we ended up canceling our Coral reservations and just ate at the buffet instead our last night because our excursion took longer than planned but canceling was no problem.

We used the Delta Vacations representative in guest services to book our catamaran excursion that took us out to snorkel, to a natural pool and then to a restaurant on the beach to have lunch, it was wonderful! One of the best excursions I've ever been on, the snorkeling was great, they would feed the fish right in front of you so that the fish would come right to your mask. Wonderful time!

The service was great, we never really ran into any trouble with having bad service. There was always someone coming around at the pool, asking us for more drinks, a few times they would forget one or two things we ordered but it was fine, they were going around and making drinks and taking orders for basically hundreds of people.

Sure, not everyone spoke the greatest English, but we made do and tried our best to understand one another. You can't go to a foreign country and expect people to speak YOUR language just like we can't expect people to come over to the US and speak ours.

The buffets were okay, there were a few skeptical things but I stuck to what I thought would be safe. The breakfast buffet at La Brisa was always awesome. I had a handmade omelette every morning that was great. The lunch was hit or miss, I usually found something to satisfy me till dinner. Service at the buffets was always timely, they came around and got you drinks when you needed, etc.

The dinner at the restaurants were great. Sante Fe was really good, the steak was awesome. I didn't particularly cafe for Chez Gourmet, I got a steak there as well and I didn't feel it was as cooked as I had wanted, I think I ended up getting sick from it ultimately but it only lasted about a day and I was feeling back to normal. I brought Pepto and an anti-biotic with me just in case for this very thing so I was prepared and expected that it may happened. La Dolce Vita was VERY good, I loved the pasta, it was my favorite that we ate at the entire time we were there.

The casino is incredibly small, the slots are super old but the black jack tables were $1 minimum bets which was awesome. I ended up winning a decent amount of money while playing in here our last night at the resort.

They only have El Presidente on the resort which is a Dominican beer. I found that it tasted just about the same as a Miller Lite or Bud Light, it suited me just fine. They also will make almost any mix drink and shots galore, the liquor situation isn't top notch but it doesn't take much convincing to get your drinks or a shot of the premium selection of liquors. My Mom was able to convince the pool bartender to give her a shot of Johnny Walker Black and didn't pay a dime for it.

All in all, I have very few complaints. The things that certain people recently reviewed and pointed out I found false. The train doesn't take any longer than 10 minutes to get from one side to the other, of course the workers at the resort don't speak English, I wasn't expecting them to but it was a nice surprise when some of them did. I did get sick, as well as a few others that had some upset tummy's but as I said, it only lasted a half a day to a day and we were back to normal. Bring Pepto, get an anti-biotic from your doctor and if it happens to you, drink plenty of water and you'll be back to feeling muy bien in no time. The rooms aren't the best, the bathroom could be updated but the beds were comfortable and I basically was in my room for an hour every day to get ready and then back to sleep at night. I don't come on vacation to spend lengthy time in my room.

As long as you aren't a total stick in the mud and find something to pick apart anywhere you stay, you'll enjoy your time here. There are far worse resorts to stay at, you get what you paid for and I felt that I got a good deal while staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Katy2005

Dear guest,

We thank you for choosing Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.

I have read thoroughly your comments because they are very important for us as a responsible and professional hotel chain. I really appreciate your nice comments about our services in all departments. Your feedback will encourage us to continue providing the high level of service we believe our guests deserve.

Thanks for your feedback we are always working into getting better day by day.

We look forward to welcoming you on a future occasion, in this way show our commitment for service and customer satisfaction, and quality assurance stamp of our family Barceló Hotels & Resorts.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We are a younge couple and travel in different places a lot, but this hotel was the best we have visited so far. Big comfortable room with a view on the ocean, large hotel territory and wonderful beach with white sand in just minute walk from the room :-) And what is more, besides buffet restaraunts, there are many a la carte restaraunts, more than 15 - from large and loud steak house, to little cosy Chez Gourmet. Ross and Damely at Guest service helped us to choose the right place to visit and make a reservation, were very nice and friendly (Ross amused us with Russian language knowledge)! If you want either calm and peaceful or lively and loud vacation you will find it here! We are sure we will visit this place again :-)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Andrey_and_Kristina
Director Sandy P, Director General at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us as your holiday destination and sharing your comments with the online community.

It is such a pleasure to know that we exceed your expectation overall. We feel very proud of our property and the team that is committed to provide a high level service in all departments.

On behalf of our Guest Services Department thank you very much for wonderful words towards Ross and Damely.

Kind regards,