My family and friends stayed at the BBB for a total of 8 nights (Sept 28-Oct 6th)....... let me just say that we had a very good experience with this and its neighbor hotel BBP. From the beginning we made reservations to all restaurants, to which Ramona helped book (she is awsome btw). We ate lunch almost daily at "La Brisa" buffett by the beach......not the greatest of food, but they have a cook grilling burgers and steak every day. Our waitress "Breily" was the best. She made sure that we were well cared for. Most of their best restaurants are on the Palace side. We ate at the Mexican two different nights (cause we enjoyed the food a lot). However I was not impressed with the Japanese restaurant at all! The steak restaurant is pretty good too, I very much recommend it. Also on the BBB side you must try the Chez Gourmet, food is EXCELLENT!!!!! Only knock off is that men must wear long pants for dinner to all restaurants, BUMMER!!!! We are on vacation, in a very hot and humid Island, the last thing you want to wear is jeans, or pants! But we made the best of it.......
Our room was on the first floor near the pool and beach (2005), it wasnt the newest of rooms we have experienced in the past, but it was very nicely clean and maintained. The AC was FREEZING, to the point we had to keep it off, or low for most of our stay. Our cleanning lady was very good, she always left us extra towels and made sure our room was cleaned daily, we left a small tip for her daily, she did an awsome job.
The pool does not have a bar, but they do have very nice and attentive girls that come around often asking for your drink order. Again, please tip these hard working individuals, keep in mind, they do not make a great deal of money and a couple of dollars will go a long way.
The beach by far one of best blue and calm waters we seen in a very long time (keep in mind we travel every year to different hotels in Punta Cana). Although the beach did not have huts (in case you wanted to be away from the sun), there is plenty of palm trees to keep you in the shade.
The night life is not the best, after a few days it gets to be a bit boring. However, my family and I made the best of it. We went to the Disco for a few minutes, then off to the Casino, and when we did not want to to do either, we just lounged outside of the Casino area with our own little speaker and Ipad. Then off to Strikers (late night buffett) for a bite to eat before calling it a night.
Over all I really enjoyed this hotel and would recommend it, but it would be nice if they would arrange some sort of BBQ by the beach, it's more convenient than getting dressed after you are relaxed by the pool or beach, and go and get something to eat at the buffet (which is a very long walk).
Hope this review is helpful, because If I had listened to all other reviews who complaint about petty stuff, like language, I would have never gone to the Barcelo........Enjoy your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Barcelo, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana