“Great, Relaxing Vacation!”

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
Ranked #22 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We just returned from Barcely Bavaro Beach - stayed Aug 25-30 - and had a great time! The resort was only at 60% capacity, so we had no problems switching to a different room for a better view. We originally were in building 3 - which is set back from the beach a little ways - and asked for a move to building 2 - which they did on our second day there. Beach was quite at the adults only side - which was great! We never had any issues with finding chairs - both at the pool and at the beach. We made reservations at the restaurants for each of the nights as soon as we arrived and had no problem getting in to all. The food was fabulous at all of the restaurants (except the Mexican - was not impressed with the food at this one). Our favorite was Chez Gourmet at the adult side - fabulous service from Raphael - and food was amazing!
We did the buffets for lunch each day - it was ok - found some of the food dried out or warm, but lots of variety. We did go down to the Beach Palace buffets a couple of times as well and found even more selection. The fruit was great - presentation was great - and desserts were some of the best I have had at an all-inclusive. They make them small portions, so you can try a variety - which I liked!
We also did a city tour to Higuey - 1/2 day - which was plenty. Also met the "gringo" - a Canadian guy on the beach down by the activities hut - where you can parasail, snorkel, etc. He had a great 2 hour glass bottom boat/snorkel deal for $35 per person - we will do that next trip.
One caution - bring $10/person in cash - when you arrive at the airport in Punta Cana - you have to pay a "visitors' card - and it goes much more quickly if you have cash in hand.
Definitely a great resort - would stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kstapper
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear guest,

We thank you for choosing Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.

Thank you very much for all your comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially our Buffets and our best Restaurant a la Carte ‘Chez Gourmet’.

We remain at your entire disposition for any assistance you might need before your visit.
As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the all-inclusive adult-only resort. This was by far the best hotel staff that we had the privilege working with. From the time you check in, you are definitely treated like you are there best friend. We love these people very much and just hated to leave. So we have to give them all the praise they deserve: guest services Ramona, Damely, Evelyn, and Johan; Front desk: Maritezabel; Bartenders: Yensy and Carlos; and Waiter: Rafael. Prices at the gift shop are cheaper than they are in town, so stock up while there.. There are five resorts under the same ownership and you can use all of them and their amenities. Be sure to try a dinner on the beach experience (Wonderful)

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean-view were wonderful with a great view and ocean breezes
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank larry h

Dear guest,

We thank you for trusting in Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.

We would like to express you how glad we are to read that your positive valuation about the beauty of our premises, the variety of our gastronomy and the excellent service of our staff.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I'm 52, and went with my husband, two daughters in their early 20's, my son 25, and my future daughter in law. This trip was planned by my son because he wanted to give his girlfriend her engagement ring on a boat in punta cana. It was going to be a one week trip. When we got their we were given rooms in bldg 1, and after reading the trip advidors' reviews, I knew that was not a good choice. They were in fact unpleasant rooms. They smelled bad. The following day they were very kind to put us in bldg 6 which was perfect. The food is very bland, but it's like that on the whole island. They do have a pretty good variety but lacks taste. Not one of the best qualities of the resort. We stayed in the adult hotel and it was very calm and relaxing. The family side was jsut too loud for us.. We stayed at the adult side the whole time although there were more restaurants on the family side. On the third day there, my son rented a boat and we went sailing, then he gave her the ring. On the eay back, I slipped and fell, hitting my head, knocking me unconscious. Here's where my 5 star rating comes into play. The staff at the hotel were waiting for us to take me to the clinic at the family side of the resort. There, the doctor and nurses were quick to give me a steroid shot to help with the inflamation as I came in and out of consciousness. They had the ambulance there in a matter of minutes. I was in the hospital for seven days with a head injury. Everyday the manager of the resort called to see how I was doing. My children were astounded by the attention they received by all the staff. They helped us in every way possible. My children left as planned and my husband had to stay another week because the doctor would not allow me to walk and much less fly. The manager at the hotel was amazing. He gave us a super special rate for the extra week. When The doctor let me leave, I had to stay at the hotel for 4 days in the room and the staff was waiting for me with a brand new wheelchair!! The hotel policy is no food to be taken out of the restaurants, and room service is not free. I couldnt go to the restaurants so they let my husband pick out my food and his, and they would wrap it up and take it to my room at no charge. I can't even begin to explain what I was going through, and these wonderful people made me feel good. The food may not have been the best, and this review may not have much to do with the resort, but if you encounter a bad accident like mine, being treated the way I was, I truly feel the need to express it. Not all vacations are fun and exciting. Accidents do happen, and my family went through a really rough time because the hospital was so far away and expensive, and after being with me in the hospital, getting to the hotel where they were treated like royalty was absolutely beyond any other hotel experience we've ever had. God bless those wonderful people because they were truly kind from the heart. Yes, the resort was beautiful, the rooms very clean, the ocean fantastic, but the hospitality, priceless. I was there from the latter part of July to aug 4, 2013.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank clarissaY

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback about our employees, it makes us feel very proud to do this job for you. Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay. For us is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. Really we felt proud to help our customers in all aspects, whether in your wonderful holiday as well in difficult times as it was the case. Our intention is to make a shot more difficult time sweet and kind.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at this Resort one week in June, 2 weeks in July, and loved it and the staff so much, went back in Aug. and stayed the month. I was club premium guest and can't say enough great things about the ladies in the guest services there. Joanna, Mabel, Jasmine, Annie are just a few names I can remember but, the whole staff there is excellent. We became sisters especially Joanna and I. The front Desk Gentlemen ,Danielle and Carlos always greeted me with a smile and always so helpful when I had to exchange American money to Pesos. Thanks guys! And of course can't forget the ones who first greet you as you enter this resort. Luna,Rafael,Emanuelle,Anel, Alejandro are just a few but, there are many and all very eager to help you find your way. Much gratitude to those guys. Now the Lobby bar is a great place!!!1 Stayed there alot lol.Ismael my sweet man, love and miss him dearly. Always greeted me with open arms a hug and a kiss on the cheek. But as always there are many. Jose Almonte, Carlos Mateo, Jose L., Ana PeraltoIv, Angel,Tony, Jensy, Ivelisse, Nancy P. and of course my dear sweet Rachel, Angela Villalona and Marco Batista the leaders of them all are awesome. You have a wonderful staff and I love you all!. I'm sure I left some names out but they all deserve the thanks ! Now on to the rooms. They are really nice and they work really hard to keep them stylish and in order. If something is wrong you can bet it will get fixed quick. The Maid service is awesome...Unfourtunetly I DIDN'T get their names but omg!!! they are the best and I hope they can go back and see who was taking care of mine because they deserve soooo much credit! Thanks everyone for always giving me a clean room clean towels and the turn down service every night. You are all great at what you do! Now to the Beach!!!! I sight you will never forget. Absolutely beautiful!!! the beach is kept up very well cleaned early morning and afternoon. It's maintained really all the time and unless you don't pick up your own trash it's always pretty clean. Now to the Security! It's nice to know you have them and they are super at what they do. They are posted through out the whole resort! I have my favorite of course, Jose Vasquez Morlas :-). I have a few more names to mention. Esmerelda Evelyn and Elsie Jaun Carlos can't forget them!!! The Guest services where you can book excursions are really great, ALL of them. Thanks for the warm hugs and smiles everyday! As you can tell, this place makes you feel at home and I will always be thankful for the new Family I aquired. This Resort is the BEST out of all Barcelo Resorts. It is all adult but that;s what I prefer! So if you want to travel solo, don't be afraid...you will be taken care of. A great place for couples too. Thanks everyone for the many weeks 7 as a matter fact. I love you all and miss you very much.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Charla T
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear guest,

Is a pleasure for me and the all team of Barceló Bavaro Beach that you chose us for your wedding group, hoping to have you here. We are grateful for all your comments and hope to see you at our hotel and make them feel a true paradise.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Went for a wedding in June an had the most amazing time. The entire staff was so friendly and helpful. stayed in the Adults Only section and it was truly a relaxing and refreshing experience. We made dinner reservations at the hotel for large groups of people and they were always accommodating and would make it work for our group. Very impressed overall.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank AmandaCone

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro Beach in Punta Cana April 13 to 24 and loved it. The food was good, although we didn't realize that we would have to pay to eat at the Japanese restaurant...we didn't eat there. The buffet food could have been a little warmer. We loved the adult only atmosphere. Our first time doing adults only. If we needed a kid fix we could just hop on the train and go over to the Palace. The pool was the cleanest we have ever been in...no slimy feel to the recliners in the pool. We loved the shows at both the Beach and the Palace locations, very well done. We played mini-putt and I used the gym regularly. I especially liked that they had classes at the gym in addition to the regular equipment. The whole resort was very clean and our room was great. Loved that the sink area was separate to the shower area. Only thing I would have liked was to have had the water aerobics in the pool rather than the sea and some activities around the pool not just all on the beach. By the way, the beach here is beautiful! And our Air Transat rep Karen was fantastic, so helpful. We are planning to return to this resort in the spring.

Room Tip: We were in building one on the opposite side to the pool, top floor. We had a view of gardens and o...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sambez

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for all your comments regarding to our resort. I really appreciate your nice comments about our services in all departments. Your feedback will encourage us to continue providing the high level of service we believe our guests deserve.

Barceló and its team are working very hard to improve our service on the daily basis.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Vacations are what you make of it but the amenities and the service at this resort were fabulous.
We stayed at the adult only but spent a lot of time at the Bavaro palace deluxe were most of the restaurants were located. The food was fabulous and the selection was great. It was easy to make reservations and you could book for the whole week at once. No need to line up daily. The beaches are breath taking! No bugs were we were which was the 3rd floor and the rooms where very clean, a definite recommendation !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bellah40

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for all your comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort. Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay.