“Barcelo Bavaro”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Naples, Florida
“Barcelo Bavaro”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Resort is nice, arrived at 1 pm check in is at 3. Overall experience has been good. Plenty of food. Only 1 restaurant plus a buffet at Beach, rest at palace deluxe. Evelyn, Ana, and Mel were very helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bluebarcel0na
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear guest,

We thank you for trusting in Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.

I really appreciate all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially our kindness in providing our services. Is a pleasure for me and the all team of Barceló Bavaro Beach that you chose us, hoping to have you here. We are grateful for all your comments and hope to see you at our hotel and make them feel a true paradise.

For us is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay.

We remain at your entire disposition for any assistance you might need before your visit.
As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,379)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
San Bruno, California
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed 5 nights here at Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults only resort. The real gems here are the staff. I booked my trip thru Tavelocity and there was no option for transfer so I searched for Barcelo website to find an email to inquire. I got immediate response and was able to arrange for transport via email. (Private transport for up to 6 person for $45 each way payable at time of arrival.) I had a late arrival which was also late so it was necessary that I made his arrangement. No problem finding the pick-up on your way out from the airport.
Almost all are very pleasant and all smiles, any time of day. Having had trouble several places and I myself bilingual myself, it is good advise to carry some courtesy words when travelling to another country. I disagree with other travellers here with their frustration of issues with non-english or very little english spoken by service staff. I think us as visitors also need to adjust. Back to the hotel, the outside aesthetics are well kept. Pools, lobby and most common areas are clean. The rooms are spacious with a flat screen tv, a safe. I was on the 1st floor with an outdoor table/chair and beach chair. The resort age shows in the bathroom. I was welcomed with a few roaches when I checked into the room. I think this is common in tropical areas when on the ground level, regardless, with this place advertised as premium, i simply do not expect that. There is a some smell of smoke in the room as well. Mini-bar is available in the room which is nice. We were on the 1020-1030 and the back door faces directly the entertainment stage. If you are an early sleeper, avoid these sections (up to 3 floors), show goes on until 11pm at times. Also had an issue with some heavy footsteps from upstairs or some banging noise. Not very good noise insulation. The buffet restaurant in the Bavaro Palace is a better option than the Caribe in the Bavaro Beach. I think the resort needs better chefs with all the ingredients they have available, i think it's a waste that they are not prepared well. A lot of food but best if you stick with with the grilled items if you don't feel so adventurous with your food taste. I also tried the Spanish restaurant (La Cava) and was disappointed. The best ones I had i think were the dessert. Lobster season during this time, so if you are into those, then happy eating! The beach are cleaned daily just a disappointing sight from few visitors who dump their plastic bottles/cup/cigs on the beach. There are garbage cans by the beach which people can easily dump unwanted things. There are water sports offerred by the reosrt. There is also a shopping center close by the beach and also if you want to make arrangement for ther things to do like parasailing. But be aware before you purchase anything. Make note of prices from the gift shop or from outside before you go. Items have no price tags and sellers will make you think that they are giving you a great deal, but not really. If you feel the same I do with the service, I give the food/drink staff at least $1 tip for each order evn though tip is already included in the hotel rate. Come prepared with $1/$5 bills or you can ask the front desk to break it for you. Generally, my experience in Punta Cana was great. I may have to try a another area/resort for a different feel.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, choose 3rd floor level and not facing directly the entertainment stage.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jello_10
Dear guest,

We thank you for choosing Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring your observations to our attention since, it is through communications of this nature that we are given an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from us.

I hope to give us the opportunity to provide the care and quality you deserve at a future visit.
I remain at your entire disposition for any assistance you might need before your visit.

Avenel, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I just spent a week at the Barcelo Bavaro Beach with my family. It was such a perfect getaway!! Our days were spent lounging at both the beautiful beach or pool. When we arrived we made our dinner reservations for the entire week and was able to get 8:00 reservations for all the restaurants. Really enjoyed Chez Gourmet and La Dolce Vita!!! We were not a fan of La Brisa. Very poor service and the food wasn't prepared to our liking. We ended up in the Sports Bar"Strikers" that evening for a snack! The food there was "Very American" So when all else fails, there is "Strikers" The staff is very attentive there. We really had an enjoyable time... Great beach, awesome weather and decent food!!! The Guest Services were very conscientious and informative. They can answer anything!!!!

Room Tip: We were on the Adults only side in the 6000's . The location was midway between the Bavaro Beach...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for all your comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort, especially our services in our Restaurants and Buffets.

Thank you for your feedback about our employees, it makes us feel very proud to do this job for you. Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay.

Cranford, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The resort is beautiful, beach is wonderful, staff is fantastic. Having access to this and Palace Deluxe, there's so much to do, one week was not enough. It was so relaxing, just what you would expect from a Caribbean vacation. They have so many different types of restaurants to try, and the portions were huge, but don't expect too much from the fish. If you can, spend a little extra for the Club Premium. You're welcomed with Champagne and rum in your room, and you have access to your own guest services staff, and included minibar restocked every day, plus many other perks. We chose the Superior Ocean Front Club Premium. The view was wonderful, the room and bathroom were big and the entire place was spotless. While we were still home, they had someone contact us for transportation from the airport and back. There are so many excursions to choose from (extra $$), it was hard to pick. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We would definitely go back to this resort.

Room Tip: If you like a lot of "action", choose a room near the pool - the center of the action. If...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for all your comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort, especially our services in Guest Services and Club Premium Department.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Barcelo bavaro beach resort has been an incredible experience. It's beautiful, the beach is stunning, food is great, pools are awesome and they have a lot of entertainment. Never a dull moment. Evelyn and Ana from guest services as well as barcelo premium services were a great help in assisting us in any needs. I would come back in a heart beat! I recommend it 100%!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Since day one I was impressed with the room, beach and pool view. Big room with double beds for my friend and I. 2 sinks. All very clean! You will sure be able to relax here. Beach is super clean. You can switch between the resort and head over to the palace deluxe which also has great entertainment. Bavaro beach has a small theater with great shows. Food and drinks are plenty! Be sure to say hi to Evelyn at Guest services she's sweet, great smile and extremely helpful helping you navigate the resort. Ana can hook you up with a day of free Internet at the Club Premium room, who doesn't want that!? Book and Enjoy!

1 Thank Lismardel

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Now I am having a great time at Bavaro beach hotel. I'm really enjoying my holiday here.
I recommend this place for everybody who wants to have unforgettable beach vacation with excellent services, friendly and bright people and beautiful sea views.

P.S. Special thanks for Evelyn and Yissell at hotel guest service and Mabel at Club Premium:)

• Stayed August 2013
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for all your comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially the Club Premium Services highlighting the friendliness of our employees, I’m glad you have been enjoying our wonderful beach.