“Wonderful Vacation at Barcelo Bavaro Beach”

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
Ranked #22 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I just returned from this wonderful resort yesterday. My daughter (21) and I had a girls week in Punta Cana. I researched a lot of properties before choosing this one. I made a good choice. Our check in went well and our room was spacious, even tho' the walls were a little thin. We had the 'honeymooning' couple in the room next to us and were woken up with their activities. In the next renovation, I suggest thicker walls be added. The 6000 building we thought was the best building- away from the noise of the pool but close to restaurants and the sister facility-Palace Deluxe. Spend the $ on an oceanfront room- it is worth it.
Food- I read the reviews on people not enjoying the food or they got sick. We thought the food was wonderful and varied. We did not get ill during our vacation. If I could stress anything about our vacation, it would be to make reservations for all dinners the same day you get there. The restaurants fill very quickly and you may be forced to eat buffet the entire time if you don't. Granted- the buffets are great, but a little variety is better. Our favorite restaurant was Chez Gourmet. Wonderful chateaubriand and seafood. The facilities are clean and well manicured. Excellent resort and great vacation - I would go back.

Room Tip: 6000 building is the best. Also, If you have someone in your party who has difficulty in walking or...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Meredith H
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear guest,
We thank you for trusting in Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.
I really appreciate all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially our kindness in providing our services. Is a pleasure for me and the all team of Barceló Bavaro Beach that you chose us, hoping to have you here. We are grateful for all your comments and hope to see you at our hotel and make them feel a true paradise.
For us is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay.
As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Overall, the place was very nicely kept - clean and shiny. Staff was friendly and smiling. Grounds were very well maintained. I went there to relax, and was able to do just that.

The room was large; in fact almost too large for the sparse furniture. They could have added a couch and a coffee table, and even a side chair. Instead we had an expanse of tile from bed to balcony. The bed was very comfortable, though the oddly large, square pillows were a bit on the fluffy side for me.

The beach was nice and clean, the water clear and warm. There are no umbrellas on the beach because of the many palms. But they frown on adjusting the palm trees as the sun moves across the sky, so we were constantly moving our chairs to obtain the best sun/shade ratio.

They had food. Everything was on the bland side of the flavor meter. The buffet was just a bit weird ... it almost seemed like the pre-cooked items were the restaurant left-overs from the night before. It all tasted the same to the point that I was overeating just trying to satisify my spice needs.

We were on the Adults Only side of the resort. There are only two restaurants ... both were okay. There is a French Restaurant where I got a Rib Eye steak - cooked as ordered to a perfect medium-rare. So, this struk me as odd because it was a "French" restaurant.

We ate on the family side for a couple dinners - and in both, there were little kids screaming and running all over the place, and grabbing at the dessert table. Needless the desserts at the leading edge of the table were not edible.

One evening we went to a restaurant that listed the items on the pre-meal salad buffet including ceviche. When I asked where it was, the staff looked at each other quite confused, discussed it among themselves, and told me it was discontinued. When we got back to the table, my wife (who is from South America) told me that they had forgotten to bring if from some other location <she didn't catch the name>

4  Thank larry g

Dear guest,
We thank you for choosing Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.
I have read thoroughly your comments because they are very important for us as a responsible and professional hotel chain. On behalf of all our team, we would to extend our most sincere apologies for any difficulties you may have experience during your stay. For us it is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. I accept your feedback for continuous improvement in a future stay.
With regards to your comment about the noises at the beach unfortunately it’s something that is out of our hands once the beach is public not private.
Barceló and its team are working very hard to improve our service on the daily basis.
We hope to give us the opportunity to provide the care and quality you deserve at a future visit. We remain at your entire disposition for any assistance you might need before your visit.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I just returned Aug. 7 from six days at the resort. Miguelina at the front desk was great and she even remembered my name when I checked out. I arrived at 11 AM and had to wait three hours for my room to be cleaned. The bellman was very polite. I was a little disappointed when I found a plate of used coffee grounds on the bathroom counter. The remainder of my week I was very happy with housekeeping. One point on the room tv. It does not received CNN or Fox News.
I was worried about going solo and the resorts is mostly for couples. I made friends with some other solo travelers and had a good time. Be aware this resorts caters heavily to Russians, French, Italians and then Americans. If you don't speak Spanish you might have some trouble.
Evelyn in guest services was fantastic! I have severe food allergies. She wrote a letter for me to present at all of the restaurants prior to my meals outlining my problem in Spanish. Every one of the restaurants I attended was able to accommodate my allergies.
Play to pay-The scuba diving from the resort was not worth the money. I saw very few fish and was very disappointed. I booked a trip to Catalina Island for two dives and snorkeling with Scuba Caribe and was much more pleased.
I had no problem getting dinner reservations every night. I ate at a different restaurant every night. I found them all to be very good.
The evening entertainment was mediocre to good depending on the show. I was a little disappointed on Rock Night when the singer had to sing the lyrics to Hotel California from his phone on stage. Even though I am not a Michael Jackson fan, the show was very good.
For the price I was impressed overall with the rooms, service, and food in this beautiful place. Remember to use the bottle water in the room for brushing your teeth. I forgot one day and was sick the last two days of my trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank lesliez119

Dear guest,
I’m really sorry for you experience during your stay in our resort. On behalf of all the staff of our hotel and my own received my most sincere apologies about your experience during your stay at our resort.
With regards to your comments about the loss really we don’t understand because here in our Hotel we don’t have Pool Snack Bar, the of our Hotel is Barceló Bavaro Beach “Only Adults” , also we need more information about your trip like you room number, date, how many persons. But your comment was written 6 months ago, really we don’t have any report incidents of this magnitude.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We arrived 7-27- thru 8-3-13 @ Barcelo Bavaro Bch Adult. Amazing Hotel. This was our 10th
vacation but our BEST of all. We met Ramon Fermin due to a small inconvenience & this gentleman found out and approached my husband & i while having breakfast the following morning @ Caribe Restaurant. He asked us what had happened, ever since he didn't know how to make up for it. He asked us what was our FAVORITE DISH, and surely that same evening it was
prepared along with many other amenities. Mr Raman Fermin deserves a standing ovation, goes out of his way to please his guest. A big smile awaits always. An awesome man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Truly, he has been the reason we'll be returning next year in July,2014.
Mr Samuel Johnson, please recognize this employee, his effort which goes beyond.......above all means to satisfy & accommodate his guest in the way of making us feel like a KING & QUEEN.
MANUEL & IVONNE FERRER. Room # 5057

Room Tip: Request room close to restautants
4  Thank Ivonne F

Dear guest,
I really appreciate all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially our kindness in providing our services. Is a pleasure for me and the all team of Barceló Bavaro Beach that you chose us, hoping to have you here once again again thanks for the feedback of our employees. We are grateful for all your comments and hope to see you at our hotel and make them feel a true paradise.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here July 23-28 on the adults only side. The lady that checked us in was really nice as was the guy that took us to our room, however some of the other staff were not as welcoming. It was almost like they were just there for the paycheck. BUT; Nelson, the bartender at the pool and Juan Carlos in the steak restaurant were AMAZING. I was disappointed that the mini "bar" in the room lacked alcohol. I was extremely confused as to why there was a swim up bar on the family side but not on the adults only side. Overall it is a very beautiful resort with a lot to offer.

2  Thank AlexiaMJ
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear guest,
I have read thoroughly your comments because they are very important for us as a responsible and professional hotel chain. On behalf of all our team, we would to extend our most sincere apologies for any difficulties you may have experience during your stay. For us it is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. I accept your feedbacks for continuous improvement in a future stay.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

If you find a deal at this adults only resort it's amazing. It's pay and play and there's the palace that you can go to and get lost in. I thought the buffet was a higher end buffet. We ate at the theme restaurants which were all great. The only thing is like any resort if you want decent wine you have to buy the bottle. Why not splurge:-)??? The beach was amazing you can walk for hours, no vendors on the beach because the Dominicans have a market that the guests can access at the end of the resort. There's plenty of fun trips to can take but their pricy like anywhere. Over all it was a great experience, great fun, the shows were awesome and if it happens to rain and you want to go to the other resorts there's a covered walkway. Oh and last but not least if you don't feel like walking there's a little trolley train that picks you up every 15 min. I wouldn't pay $4000 per person for this place but if you get a decent deal at no more than $2000 go for it it's worth it. Oh and for golf lovers there's golf as well. Cheers and enjoy.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Princess10000

Dear guest,
I really appreciate all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially our kindness in providing our services. Is a pleasure for me and the all team of Barceló Bavaro Beach that you chose us, hoping to have you here once again. We are grateful for all your comments and hope to see you at our hotel and make them feel a true paradise.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I got there on Sunday, July 28th and left on Sunday, August 4th, 2013 “adults only” side. This is my first time in Punta Cana but my 4th time in DR. This resort was recommended by a friend, I was a bit worried since I was traveling by myself and there were a few negative comments on TripAdvisor. Everything changed once I arrived!
Front desk attendants were “awesome” to say the least. The welcome drink was delicious! Thank you to Evenlyn Ramirez at the customer service desk. Also thanks goes out to the bar staff in Carey's lounge-for outstanding service Ismael, Yansi, all the Jose’s, Angel and to the wonderful Manager Tony, somehow that became the meeting point almost every night, they made you feel like you were part of the family. Thank you to Ivelitte one of the female servers. Thank you to Maria Benitez she took care of my room every day.
I did go to the family side resort, but if you want to relax, have fun you better stay on the “adults only” is quite busy. The restaurants are amazing, Santa Fe great stake-house, also the Sea Food restaurant very good, but on my opinion the best of all is Chez Gourmet, I ate there 5 nights out of 7. Their Wine selection was amazing and very reasonable prices.
I went there by myself and I came back with great friends, by the end of my trip I really did not want to come back, and somehow everybody knew my name “Mia”.
I will definitely go back again, planning my October vacation. See you soon Barceló Bavara 

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank mia_velez
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013