“Great stay in Club Premium” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
Ranked #29 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great stay in Club Premium”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I went in February for a Valentines vacation and had an amazing time. Everything was kept so clean and all the meals were pretty good for an all inclusive. totally worth it to pay for the french restaurant, lobster was so delicious!
we had a tiny problem with our shower leaking, told the concierge in the premium section and they had it fixed really quick.
the pools were fun, not really party-ish, more kid friendly but can still find a few adults to drink with. not many English speaking people or Canadians though!

oh and go on the catamaran cruise.. trip was so worth it!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank jessica89eaton
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear guest,
We thank you for trusting in Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.
I really appreciate all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially our kindness in providing our services. Is a pleasure for me and the all team of Barceló Bavaro Beach that you chose us, hoping to have you here once again. We are grateful for all your comments and hope to see you at our hotel and make them feel a true paradise.
For us is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay.
We remain at your entire disposition for any assistance you might need before your visit.
As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.
Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,306)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was with my wife in Barcelo Bavaro Beach and was amazing. the beach is marvelous and beautiful, our room Ocean front in building 2000 near to the beach.

we are in Club Premium and was excellent!!!!! thanks to Geronimo Mabel is the manager for helping us everything we need, she is very gentle, kind and very professional.

with services Club Premium we have differents services and we like it, room service, custom concierge, all restaurants included, my favorite Chez Gourmet. also internet in our room and all hotel.

its my first time un Punta Cana and we recommend!!!!

Room Tip: reserve Club Premium Services, building 2000 is very near b
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julio AH H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We had such an excellent stay. Club premium is the way to go. Club premium is worth the extra money. It gives you more eating options, room service, and a beach front room along with a more VIP experience. Our concierge Anny was wonderful. She went above and beyond to make our stay so much better. She was there for to fix any issues or answer any questions with a smile. We would return to this rerort or another Barcelo property in the future.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Doug G
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear guest,
I really appreciate all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially our kindness in providing our services. Is a pleasure for me and the all team of Barceló Bavaro Beach where you and your friends have chosen as a destination for your holiday, hoping to return to have you here once again. Thanks for your feedback about our employees, this makes feel proud.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

First thing first! We booked transportation from the airport to the hotel which is the best thing to do! If not you may get lost in all of the rift raft and long taxi lines leaving the airport. The receptionist and staff at Bavaro Beach may seem rude but if you at least try to speak spanish they tend to lighten up! A little spanish goes along way. The food at this resort is just ok and they dont have alot of options. At other resorts that I have visited there is snack food around the pool until the buffets and restaurants open but not at this resort. The good thing is transportation from Bavaro Beach to the Palace runs every 5-10 minutes and you have much better choices over there. You tend to go to the Palace at least once a day esp if you plan on eating dinner. The entertainment is good a both resorts but just more people at the Palace. Bavaro Beach resort is alittle out dated but quiet and you are able to find a spot on the beach and in the pool without a problem. The ambiance at the Palace is very nice and updated but beach and buffets are crowded and kids are in abundance! i wish the adult side looked like the palace. PLEASE be sure to ask for alcohol in your drinks because if not you will be sipping on juice and wondering why you dont feeling anything (like me). Some of the rooms are updated but most are not. Our room was out dated with bright orange floors and dark wicker furniture it definitely was not the highlight on the vacation. We booked through coco tours and RAFEL was awesome we did one excursion called Bavaro Splash and for $100 you can drive a speed boat, snorkel, and snuba for about 4 hours. The beach is private and you dont get hassled by people selling jewelry and hats. The beach is beautiful white sand and clear water. The waves crash far out so the beach is calm and you are able to swim do beach activities. Overall I recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Traveler885
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear guest,
I really appreciate all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort . Is a pleasure for me and the all team of Barceló Bavaro Beach that you have chose us as a destination for your holiday, hoping to return to have you here once again. We are grateful for all your comments and hope to see you at our hotel and make yuo feel a true paradise.
San Pedro, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I just returned from a 6 night stay at the beautiful Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults Only. Let me start by saying I was a little worried based off the reviews I had read but I omg this place was awesome. At check in we were offered our welcome drinks, the bell boy helped us with our luggage and showed us to our room. I had seen that a lot of people complained about their rooms/bathrooms but I don't go on vacation to hang out in my room. We were in the 3rd building on the second floor and had an oceanview room...gorgeous. My only hiccup with the room is that housekeeping could never get the towel situation right...they were four of us but they only left towels for two...after a call to guest services it was taken care of. I would highly recommend taking the train or the short walk over to the Palace Deluxe for the buffets...they seriously had some of the best desserts I've ever tasted. The pool and the beach on the adults only side were perfection. No kids running and screaming all over the place...very peaceful. The hotel lived up to all of our expectations for four women in their late twenties who were looking for a nice relaxing vacation. We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Porscha A
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear guest,
I really appreciate all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially our kindness in providing our services. Is a pleasure for me and the all team of Barceló Bavaro Beach that you chose us. We are grateful for all your comments and hope to see you at our hotel and make you feel in a true paradise.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Poor unfriendly check in-then room not ready they did not want to answer questions to upgrade room.
It was so bad they made my wife even cried- what bad start- they just let us sit there in the heat with no info what's going on.
Our hotel package included 2000$ in "hotel credit" to use in spa, trips, room upgrade and such. NOT!!!!! You receive coupon book so have to spend like 140$ to use 30$ coupon
So that really put us off to a bad start.
Hotel and rooms are beautiful, large and close to the water. Beaches are picture perfect
If you are stay at the adult part to see no kids- great- however all adult casino, spa, shops and most restaurants are at the palace so have to take the train there- makes no sense.
Pool closed at 9 pm???
No info about restaurants and how things work. Mostly from other guest.
Make you reservations for all dinners the moment you walk in-otherwise will only get dinner times around 6 pm 11 pm or not at all like the Italian.
Tennis is free if u like to play in straight sun- pay after 6pm
Seems regular staff waters and house keepers very friendly- just not managers ,concierge and staff actually has any say so

lots of these problems could have been avoided with communication from the staff -so makes it even more sad

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mooskopf
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our family spent a week at this resort, twelve of us in total. Yes the resort is nice in appearance. Yes the rooms were nice. The staff was alright but did not go out of their way to do anything special or help when we needed it. When we arrived my father needed a wheel chair to get to his room when the heat in the main lobby, open air lobby, proved to be too much for him. He never got one. He had to wait for over 40 minutes to get a golf cart to take him to the building our rooms were in then walk the rest of the way. Our rooms were about a 10 minute walk from the main lobby.
The food in the buffet never changed the entire week we were there. You always knew where to get the same old stuff that was not all that great. The reservation only restaurants were a crap shoot. The seafood restaurant served some of the worse food we have ever had. I think with having a group of 12 you would be able to find a couple of meals that were good. Not in this case! The steak and Japanese restaurants were very good. The Italian restaurant was microwave quality food. Again we had 11 eating at the Italian restaurant. The best thing there was the kids spaghetti. Yes the adults tried it to see if it was as bad as the rest of our meals. I guess you need to make reservations at the French place before you ever get there because we couldn't get in even with a weeks notice.
This was the first time we had stayed at an all inclusive resort and lost weight. My brother lost over 20 lbs. My father lost over 25. Bring lots of antibiotics with you when you visit. A single tab of anti-diarrhea medicine from a box you would buy at a local drug store here at home was $15. I think there were 12 pills on that single tab. Out of the 12 people in our group 10 of us got sick. My father being the worse. He spent three days in the hospital when we got home. Several in our group got a super sized case of diarrhea by the end of day two at the resort. We did not drink the tap water and only two of the people affected ate food outside of the resort. They ate fruit on a zip-line tour.
Now for the tours. We booked our tours with VIP. Our rep was Andy. Do not take the adventure buggy tour. 3 out of the four buggies we had broke down and several others on the tour broke down as well. I'd say about 10 of them broke down. When mine broke down I was left stranded alone after given a replacement vehicle that would only go 9 mph. I was told to go ahead to catch up but the group was out of sight by this time. I had to ask construction workers along the route where the group went at two different intersections. Needless to say Andy and I had a talk about this later on. The zip-line tour was fun. We have zip-lined in many places. This tour was about a 7 out of 10. It was 2 hours from the resort and there were about 75 people doing it at once. Get in the front of the pack! On another tour to Saona Island the VIP bus left our party of 7 and another party of 3 waiting for over an hour past the scheduled pick up time before they arrived. We later found out that neither of our groups were on the list and they had to turn the bus around to get us after they were half way to the tour site. That put us an hour late getting back and late for our dinner reservations. Andy would not even look at me when I went to his office about this one and had another person deal with me.

Bottom line...would I go back? Maybe but not likely.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,
We thank you for choosing Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.
I’m really sorry for you experience during your stay in our resort,I have read thoroughly your comments because they are very important for us as a responsible and professional hotel chain. On behalf of all our team, we would to extend our most sincere apologies for any difficulties you may have experience during your stay. For us it is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. I accept your feedbacks for continuous improvement in a future stay.
Barceló and its team are working very hard to improve our service on the daily basis.
We hope to give us the opportunity to provide the care and quality you deserve at a future visit.