We stayed at Barcelo Bavaro Beach for six nights, Saturday through Friday. So very pleased that we chose the adults only side. We were blown away by the buildings and grounds, the pools and especially the beach. We had very high expectations for the beach, and it delivered. We met up with friends at the resort and spent a lot of time at the pool. Great service at the pool - we took the trip advisor tip of bringing your own insulated cup and that worked out great. We tipped consistently ($1/drink, $5/day for housekeeping) and we felt the staff was friendly and appreciative. Probably not necessary, since we saw very few other guests tipping, but hard to stop if you are accustomed to it. We didn't think the housekeeping was anything above average, silly stuff like not leaving 2 hand towels or wash cloths every day even though we started with 2. We had booked the club premium but don't really think we used it. We went to the Kyoto Japanese restaurant that was included with club premium, but it's only $15 per person if not club premium. Having wi-fi access was nice, but it wasn't very reliable - good enough for once a day email checking.
Our oceanfront room was awesome. 2nd floor of building 6, literally steps away from the ocean. Right next to La Brisa restaurant (very quiet restaurant), and closest proximity to the Palace Deluxe, a very easy walk to all the amenities there. We hit the very nice fitness center daily, usually ate breakfast at the buffet over there (coffee was better), and most of the a la carte restaurants are there. Kyoto, Chez Gourmet, Santa Fe, and Mexico Lindo restaurants were all good (in that order), we also ate at La Dolce Vita but would not recommend it. Always very nice to come back to adults only side for the pool and beach!
We got massages at the U-Spa (connected to the fitness center). It was delightful and with the club premium 10% discount and the coupons, a 2 hour experience was a reasonable $123/person. They really treated us great and then after your massage you can use the private spa, turkish bath, hot and cold baths and spa pools.
Our perception of the service overall changed slightly mid-week, it seemed that they are at full staff for the weekend, get the place standing tall by Friday afternoon for the weekend and then have everyone working through Monday. Then Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday it seemed like there were a lot fewer people around. Fewer bar tenders, fewer pool service people, the common restrooms weren't as clean, and the service at the restaurants was slower and just not as good as it was Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Maybe just our perception but that's why we gave it overall 4 stars. It exceeded our expectations the first part of the trip, then came back down and met them at the end of our stay. Still a great trip and we would definitely recommend it and go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Barcelo, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana