“Great place! Not for foodies!”

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
Ranked #26 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Warsaw, Virginia
“Great place! Not for foodies!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I traveled here from May 4 to May 11 for our honeymoon and had a great experience minus the lunch options (only buffet and same thing every day - boring and wasn't great quality).

I definitely recommend staying at the adult's only if you aren't bringing your children because you have access to ALL the facilities but you can always go back to the ever-so-chill adult's only side.

Beach was beautiful. Restaurants were good but not amazing. Room was comfortable and all you needed. Room service took forever and wasn't great (and also not included in the all-inclusive package). Drinks were as strong as you wanted them.

English is NOT spoken by a lot of the staff so brush up on your Spanish.

Tip: English is NOT spoken by a lot of the staff so brush up on your Spanish. Make all restaurant reservations/excursions/shuttle to the airport the day you arrive or the following morning as things book up very quickly. Men - no shorts or sandals at ANY of the nice restaurants. Wear sunscreen even on a cloudy day and expect rain showers or thunderstorms in the mid-late afternoon so get out there early.

Overall, great deal for the money!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not in front of the stage (in the adult's only resort) if you want to go...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear guest,
We thank you for choosing Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.
Thanks for your nice comments about our resort but I’m really sorry for you experience during your stay in our resort. As general information we do have a 10 day menu for the Buffet restaurants with 18 different salad choices and 4 fish and 4 meat options on the show cooking to be selected and cooked according to the guest’s satisfaction.
I regret that you could not take dinner at the a la carte restaurants, subject to availability we have 2 a la carte restaurants in our hotel Barceló Beach, but are 7 a la carte restaurants at the Palace Deluxe to which they have access. Besides this have one restaurant located at Deluxe too, named Hole 19th that don’t needs reserve and also is a la carte.
We hope to give us the opportunity to provide the care and quality you deserve at a future visit.
We remain at your entire disposition for any assistance you might need before your visit.

As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.
Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,365)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I spent 5 nights in this hotel, I come back this friday really upset. The staff was very kind, there was a variety of food, the weather super good, but I had an inconvenience with the air conditioning. The room(2033) was very hot, The first day I slept 3 hr. I spoke twice to resolve the problem, nobody fix it. My friends save me cause they were in Bavaro Palace Deluxe then I wen to sleep there.

4 Thank Karina N
Dear guest,
I’m really sorry for you experience during your stay in our resort. On behalf of all the staff of our hotel and my own received my most sincere apologies about your experience during your stay at our resort.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring your observations to our attention since, it is through communications of this nature that we are given an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from us.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife & I went to Barcelo Bavaro Beach (Adults Only) resort for our honeymoon and we were very happy with the experience overall. The weather was great, the resort was huge and very well kept. The staff and cleaning ladies were really pleasant.

Prior to booking our honeymoon - we did our research on TripAdvisor and that was very helpful in choosing our 'dream' resort. The adults only part of the resort is ideal for a couple - although you can access the other resorts pretty easily.

The best part about the resort was the food. Absolutely delicious! I would recommend the Kyoto Japanese Steakhouse (which might not be part of the package deal) - but totally worth the experience. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Zaki A
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear guest,
We thank you for trusting in Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.
I really appreciate all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially our kindness in providing our services.
For us is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. Is a pleasure for us to have met all your travel expectations. I hope you will visit us in the future in our resort.
Heredia, Costa Rica
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I traveled with my GF and another couple. We took the Club Premium Upgrade and were greeted and checked in on the Club Premium VIP area by Mabel Gerónimo, she knew our names and had everything ready for us, rooms were awesome building 6 has the best beach view and access as just a few steps to get to the ocean! Thank you Mabel for making sure everything was according to plan.
To sum up our visit, trust all the good reviews, they are true and not exaggerated but avoid reading bad ones, I know there's no such thing as a perfect hotel/restaurant/destination but if you compare the positive things against those who can improve the good is way over the minor flaws.
Staff is friendly, you get served faster if you tip, but if you don't you get served too and with a smile.
Go with high spectations and you won't be dissapointed.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: Go for the Club Premium reserved or upgrade it is worth the extra $$ and building 6 is the best!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jose S
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for all your comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially the Club Premium Services highlighting the friendliness of our employees, I’m glad you have been enjoying the a la carte restaurants.
Thank you for your feedback about our employees, it makes us feel very proud to do this job for you. Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We spent five days at Barcelo Bavaro Beach-Adults Only. Had such an amazing time. The Staff was wonderful and super nice. Willing to help out with anything. I read previous reviews about the language barrier, but we had no issues.

PROs:
Clean beach
Variety of food
Train takes you to other parts of the resort
Decent non-watered down drinks
Friendly Staff
Room cleaned and mini fridge stocked every day.
Grounds are beautiful
Restaurant reservations were easy to make (Got in at the two we wanted at the times we wanted)
Large variety of drinks
Pool was very clean
Disco and casino
Beach activities every day (saw yoga and games)

CONS:
Food was a little cold at buffet
Bathrooms could use updating (part where the tub and toilet is)

Overall… It was such a great vacation. I will definitely be back! I do want to make a shout out to Ismael at the lobby bar. He was wonderful!! He took care of us the whole trip!
Also, the food at Meixo Lindo was very very good and our waiter there was amazing.
Can’t wait to go back!

1 Thank ashybabe11
Dear guest,
Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay.
Hartford, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The place is huge. They have 6 buildings full of rooms in the Adults only side, and the Family portion appeared much larger. It was great having the adults only area so you could have a peaceful vacation if that is what you wanted. They offered a lot of things to do, large pool area, water sports, all included. They had a very nice golf course on site, which was also part of the "all inclusive" except for the $65 per person for the cart. The food was disappointing at best. The buffets were all alike, and you should get there early as they would just pour the new food over the old to replenish they buffet choices. I thought the private dining entrees were very good, at least fresh. The cocktail waitresses had trouble understanding english, my fault for traveling outside of the US without the proper language skills, but any other resort areas I have traveled I had not experienced this problem. The rooms were older, and although were probably the top of the line in it's day, could use some updating. Showers and toilet areas were small in need of attention. It was a nice stay mainly because of the people we traveled with. We had fun, it's just not quite to the standards I am used to. I have been on the island before and had quite a different experience. I would go back, but probably not to this resort.

Room Tip: I don't think rooms make a difference here, you really aren't in the rooms other than to sle...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fred W
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for all your comments regarding to our resort, we are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort. I’m really sorry for you experience during your stay in our resort. In relation to language, this country is in Spanish, but in our resort we have different department where employees are multilingual as: English, French, German and Russian. These departments are Reception, Guest services, Club Premium and Supervisor at restaurants and bars.

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been to this hotel twice now. Both times were excellent. The choice of food was great, hotel and grounds immaculate, staff friendly. What more do you want.

The complex is large so loads of room to walk around.

Would definitely recommend ....

3 Thank Darren-michelle218