“rest and relax”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
ontario
“rest and relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

cons internet is 45 us dollars a week but it works everywere beach other resort, tv has 125 channels but only abc cbs tbs tlc maybe one or to more rest or in spanish you have to pay extra 10 dollars for the other channels.the excellent pos. this place is very quite all rooms are very close to the ocean no more than 5 minute walk to lobby from any room .8 minute walk from this resorts front lobby to the other lobby most al acarte restaurants.we went to la caribe mexican japannies, steak house steak house. i tipped alot at this resort almost every meal was excellent service, bars had great service if you had to wait everybody waited for there turn. i have been to a minimum of 30 all incusives in my life time and this place had the fastest breakfast ever. no line up for made to order eggs omelette none at all not any. like most place there are 3 to 10 people in a line for eggs not here ever. only place you have to save chairs is in the pool area with shade by about 7:30 am . there must be 2000 chair at the beach for 1000 people very comfortable chaise .rooms are big and clean most have an oceanview

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank spijke
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear guest,
We thank you for choosing Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.
I appreciate all your nice comments regarding to our resort. Dear guest,
We thank you for trusting in Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.
I appreciate all your nice comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially a la carte restaurants and our amazing beach.
Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay.
We remain at your entire disposition for any assistance you might need before your visit.
As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.
Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,333)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We just came back from the Dominion Republic in Punta Cana at the adults only section, at the Premium Club.

The staff and the service of the Club Premium was fantastic, we were eight women and we were taken care of like Queens, we could not ask for better.

The rooms were very clean, the food was excellent and everyone was marvelous.

By being at the Club Premium, we are able to go to the other sections and all the restaurants which was just fantastic.

The site of this hotel is out of this world, I sent other friends a week after we came back and they were just thrilled.

I have been to this hotel at least 20 times but this is my first at Club Premium and I loved it.

To me, if and when I go back to Punta Cana, the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe or the Barcelo Bavaro Beach (Adults) will be my choice.

Wish I could live there all the time, well in the winter.

Carole

Room Tip: The rooms in block two are quieter. We were near the resto LAS Brisas, we love as we were near the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Monique C
Dear guest,
I really appreciate all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially the treatment at the Club Premium with our marvelous staff and our amazing beach.
Beaconsfield, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I went down for one week March 2013. We stayed at Bavaro Beach (Adults Only) resort. Very clean, great room in the 2000 block - 200 ft. from the beach. Great choice of restaurants to eat at. There is always one open. The beach was unbelievably beautiful and clean. All the employees always had a smile and were always willing to help. Three rounds of golf are included, the course was in great shape. The only down side to the whole resort was the casino, you will never win there, the machines were always breaking down, always had to be refilled with coins, it's time they were undated and that new ones were brought in and also the use of paper receipts and not coins. We would never go back to the casino again, but with that exception only, the resort is truly a beautiful place to unwind, and do whatever you like to do. We have been there seven times since the year 2000.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are the best - no noise and very relaxing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Irish1952
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I appreciate all your nice comments regarding to our resort. Dear guest,
Hartland, New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband & I stayed at this resort from March 20th to 27th and it was absolutely amazing.. I kept thinking of the the negative reviews on here and I thought what were those people thinking??!!

We traveled with Transat and the plane was CanJet Select - the Select is a great option, we didn't have to wait in line ups and we got quite a few extras on the plane (drinks, snacks, blanket, ear plugs, night mask, ear phones).

Upon arrival at the airport in Punta Cana there was a bit of a walk into the building - but the sunny weather made it very enjoyable - customs and entry were very pleasant and nothing was searched at all, no one grabbed my bags and demanded tips.. there was a band playing and they did kick their basket at us for a tip but I figured they deserved one anyways for the nice welcome. We walked to the transat desk and they told us which bus to take for our resort.. another little walk and we were on the bus with air conditioning. Our drive to the resort took about 10 minutes.

At the resort at last and the bell boys help us with our luggage by tying it all together and giving us a ticket, transat rep was waiting with fresh cold face cloths that smelled delightful and so refreshing - check in was quick altho the room wasn't ready that didn't bother us one bit!! We were in paradise and that's all that mattered.. get me a drink! Our room only took about an hour and it was available - approx. at 3pm.

Raphael helped us with our bags to the room and he was very pleasant and did his best to explain where things were and spoke decent English and his effort was 100%! We were very pleased to find that our room was in building #2 and it was on the ground floor with a King size bed.. yahoo!! Those were our two requests and we got them both so we were happy campers.. room 2029, with a view of the pool, lobby and a bit of beach - perfect.. 2 minute walk to the lobby & food.

Our room was equipped with a very comfy bed, 6 pillows, ipod dock alarm clock, coffee maker, mini bar (with 6 pop, 4 juice, 2 water, 5 beer), snacks, coffee (sugar, sweetner, whitener *there is no cream on the resort*), 2 chairs, small table, dressers, information about the resort, bible, 380ml bottle of Ron Barcelo, safe, scale, slippers, robes, iron and iron board, beach towels, towels, face cloths, hair dryer, qtips, shave kit, sew kit, make up pads, shoe shiner, combs, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, toothbrush. Our room was cleaned daily around the same time 10am.. we tipped $1/day based on what the Transat rep (Nicola) recommended. I left her makeup and Advil on the last day of our trip. You may want to bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper, on occassion I could hear people arguing at night and in the mornings you can hear the maids outside the room.

Our favorite hang out at the resort was the Mamey Bar and our all time favorite bartender was Jose Ismael Ramirez Rodriguez!!! He's the best and he has an awesome personality and smile.. always did his best to make our stay enjoyable and spoke really great English.. our other faves were Angel, Ana, Ivelisse, Angela, Jose L Arno & Rachel. The waitresses are amazing and they are always busy looking for people who need a drink or keeping the sitting areas looking immaculate.. just keep in mind that you are in the Dominican and things are relaxed - nothing happens quickly.. relax, enjoy paradise!

The buffet on the resort is okay.. there is a lot to choose from with some repetition on the right and left sides but I always find it hard to find food to my liking at resorts. They will make you a pasta of your choice and they will fry up onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, ham, green pepper, queso (cheese) and then you can choose your sauce: alfredo, rose, meat sauce.. so that's neat. I would have loved to find a good beef or chicken gravy.. they do have french fries but they get bland without gravy and cheese!! I wanted poutine! LOL. There is a bird deterrent whistle in the sitting area of the buffet which I found was disturbing, it's a high pitched whistle - I would rather have birds flying around than hear that whistle.

We went to 3 of the A La Cartes.. firstly the Steak House which I found was really great, service was A1 and the meat was excellent.. I always asked for Medium and the steak was tender and very tasty (and I'm not a big red meat eater), secondly was Coral which I found was great as well, the service was amazing and the food was good - I had the steak cooked medium and it was delish once again and it even had a red wine gravy which I loved!! The clam chowder wasn't that great but there was plenty to eat so I didn't need it anyways - the mozza sticks were not that great either but like I said there was plenty on my plate that was great so that wasn't important.. the red wine is a cabernet I believe and it wasn't the best bottle I've had but it was still very good and room temp the way I love it (wine at the Mamey bar was chilled - not so great). Thirdly we went to Chez Gourmet which was very good, you must try the escargot - so yummy!!! And the steak medallions were also very good, the seafood soup - delish!! Service was okay at Chez Gourmet but I did have to ask for a re-fill more than once - but again I was totally fine with doing so. We had reservations at the Mexican restaurant but we were 45 minutes late coming back from a diving excursion and they would not let us in - which was fine, we went to Striker's instead for the burgers, salad, french fry wedges, chicken wings, onion rings, chicken wraps, ribs and ice cream.. which can be a nice break from the regular buffet - but there isn't much for service at this restaurant - almost every visit we had to get our own drinks at the bar.. no big deal tho.

The beach is amazing and there is NOT alot of seaweed at all.. it's very minimal. There are fish in the water and my husband did some snorkeling and saw starfish, fish, stingray and on one day we saw a couple of turtles. We saw quite a few topless women.

The Palace Deluxe is a short walk or train ride away.. it's much busier at this resort, it's HUGE.. I mean very, very big.. it has many shopping stores, spa, fitness.. it really doesn't lack anything but it is pricey - Crocs, Oakley, Tommy Hilfiger, Disigual, Pandora, Swarvoski, Quick Silver. We had pedicures at the spa and it was very nice - but quick and they didn't take their time between coats and it ended up coming off my big toes.

If you plan on buying cigars or jewellery the best place to buy is at Chez Nicole and you can book the free trip through the guest services - see them make the cigars and the larimar and silver is genuine at this shop. We did see a man pull a hand gun on a taxi driver on the way there but it was a simple misunderstanding from what I was told.. we had to switch taxis because ours had a major oil leak. The prices are very decent - 10 flavored cigars for $15 and very nice rings for $45.. lots to choose from. Vanilla is cheapest at the gift shop at the resort from what I could tell, $6.

There is a shopping area just on the left on the beach from the resort.. they can be quite pushy and they will give you free gifts to get your attention.. the larimar is not genuine at these spots but you can get a good deal if you buy a few things, all very nice people and just trying to put food on the table. There are no vendors on the beach right in front of the resort.. no one bugs you at all.

The bathrooms on the entire resort are very modern, always clean and they have state of the art sinks and energy efficient lighting.. makes you feel like royalty.. choice of high pressured air dryer or paper towel.

We went on 2 excursions - snuba diving, speed boating, snorkeling which was really fun.. we really enjoyed the snuba altho a bit difficult to get used to breathing in and out by mouth only.. but amazing once you get the hang of it. (The pictures and video cost us $55 to buy and we could have also bought a bottle of rum with our picture on it for $10). We also went deep sea fishing for 4 hours and caught nothing - my husband thinks the boat was driving too fast as the bait was jumping out of the water constantly (you will need gravol if you plan on going on this trip, unless you have your solid sea legs and stomach). We did see a HUGE hump back whale on this trip tho and that was soo cool, it was coming right out of the water about 10 to 15 feet and then flopping over onto it's back.

We did have an issue with our room card keys more than once - we made several trips to the front desk to get this resolved.. but we did get it resolved. The battery in our safe was dead when we arrived as well and it only took them about 5 minutes to fix that for us - great service!!

Do not wait to buy anything at the airport - everything is twice as expensive except the duty free American liquor which is comparable in price to what you can buy at the Palace Duty Free.. all of the local Dominican items are over priced at the air port.

Also I have to mention that there is a Wendy's Restaurant at the air port - so you can get your fix before you leave to go home! But they did run out of items when we were there, so don't wait..

You can buy wifi for the week for $45, or if you are premium guest than it's included for free.. it's a very dependable connection and had no issues connecting with my iPhone at all.

Overall we really, really loved this resort, would we return? Absolutely!! We drove into some of the other resorts when we went on our excursions and ours was by far the nicest from what I could tell!!

Thank you Barcelo Bavaro Beach staff - you made our vacation perfect!!

Bonus points for Jose Ismael Ramirez Rodriguez!!

Room Tip: Building 4 is furthest away, 3 a bit closer, 2 a bit closer and 1 is right beside the lobby and pool...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank R0bynWils0n
Dear guest,
I appreciate all your nice comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort and our amazing beach. Thanks for your feedback about our staff, it makes us feel proud.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I'm not sure if these other people were staying at different resorts or are just negative nancies! I recently visited bavaro beach adults only and I was amazed by how beautiful it was. Granted this was my first all inclusive resort vacation so I don't have much comparison but I was more than impressed with the cleanliness of the resort. I do not recall any loud music until 4am as stated in previous comments all outdoor music was turned off early in the evening. I would most definitely reccomend this resort to anyone visiting punta cana I thought the staff were great the grounds were beautiful and was amazed by the cleanliness all aspects of my vacation exceeded my expectations and I would gladly return.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Keddie1022
Dear guest,
I really appreciate all your nice comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort. Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed in June 2012. The weather was perfect with the exception of one downpour that left everyone running for cover. The service was great and the food was good. The beach was perfectly groomed every day and the rooms were comfortable and kept clean.

Room Tip: Don't settle for the first room they put you in. With a smile and a tip you can probably get so...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Scudderk
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We went in july of 2012 but cant stop thinking about this resort and comparing everyother we go to with this paradise. I had already been once before it was remodeled and let me tell you this is TOTALLY different! It's totally 5 star! From the minute we arrived we felt in heaven, the people were so nice as well as the pool, beaches and food. I recommend that you make your restaurant reservations as soon as you arrive since they get booked very fast, all the restaurants are so good, it's hard to believe they are part of an all inclusive. The only thing I would like to improve are the drinks, the sodas and cocktails tasted a bit strange, all I drank was water the entire trip!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple