“Fabulous”

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
Ranked #23 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 28, 2013

What an amazing place- The water and the sand were beautiful. The hotel was beautiful, my only complaint was not enough towels in the room and it seemed like they didn't want to give you extra, othere than that it was fabulous.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sherie B
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear guest,
We thank you for choosing Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.
I‘m sorry about the inconvenience during your stay in our complex but I appreciate all your nice comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort and our amazing beach.
Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay.
As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Don't be fooled by the promise of extraordinary amenities. The following is what was promised and none of it was available as the "first dollar in". These are discounts applied only if you buy the overpriced service!

Room Upgrade $400, U-Spa $500, Resort Activities $280, Champagne, Wine, and Cava $180,
Private dinner on the beach $200, Golf - The Lakes by P.B. Dye $100, Dinner - La Cava or La Comedie $80, Shopping Center $100, Romantic Breakfast $40, Laundry $70, Casino Bávaro $20,Internet Center

Our first questions was about the upgrade and the front desk personnell just shook his head and No,No,No... not available. The next question was to the spa personnel who said we would need to book the $200 massage to receive the $50 credit (all spa services where offered at a DISCOUNT - NOT A CREDIT). The rest of the "Resort Credit" continued this way. An extremely overpriced bottle of wine was $40 to which you could apply your $10 wine "CREDIT". The wine offered under the "all-inclusive" umbrella tasted more like sour grape juice than wine. BUYER BEWARE on this Barcelo scam!

Room Tip: Family Suites area better suited to young children (0-6).
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
13  Thank d o

Dear guest,
I have read thoroughly your comments because they are very important for us as a responsible and professional hotel chain. On behalf of all our team, we would to extend our most sincere apologies for any difficulties you may have experience during your stay. For us it is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. Now we have occupancy of 95% and 90% have customers who are happy with our services. I accept your feedback for continuous improvement in a future stay.
With regards to resort credits, this is a gift that makes the hotel to our customers so you can get different discounts on various services in the complex, so to decide whether to use it. I invite you to learn more about the resort credits on our http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels/es_ES/
Barceló and its team are working very hard to improve our service on the daily basis.
We hope to give us the opportunity to provide the care and quality you deserve at a future visit. We remain at your entire disposition for any assistance you might need before your visit.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have to start by saying you hear everyone saying "OH you must go to Punta Cana"~Myself I have always gone to Puerta Plata (Barcelo) so I thought let's try the other side of the Island. You don't know unless you try it yourself. I was very pleased with all the reviews that people have said about this resort. So I booked it and was there till yesterday March 25. We arrived at nite and our rep was no where to be found. Actually there was no one there to represent Transat so we never got our "welcome drink" (that really doesn't matter) But the point was we were left to ourselves to figure stuff out. We were hungry cause we like I said arrive just after 8pm. The front desk was ok..giving us our room number and our luggage was left with the desk. We were told it would be brought to us. So off we went ~~~to where???????? We had no idea.. we tried to ask for help but truly no one would speak english enough to help us. Ok that's fine we were on holiday and an adventure all at once. Get to the room it's nice can't complain. Cause really how much time do you spend in it? There's your bed and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz that's all it's there for. So our luggaged showed up and tipping starts! yes everyone :) that''s how we are anyway. Off on our adventure to try and figure out where we can eat cause now it's after 9pm our first nite. We finally figured out where we could go. Now that's just the begining our of "adventure" it's not a holiday anymore. The food I can't complain, you can always find something to eat at the "Buffet" Now the resturants that you MUST reserve your first day there are crazy!!!!! Dinner at 10:45pm????? ok really??? The Guest Services DON"T tell you where the resturants are~~most of them at are the other resort (Palace) and you have no idea cause you don't know where anything is~~~hence the agent comes into play when you arrive. It was a full try and figure stuff out. Now let's talk about the "Staff" Really i can count on one hand the ones who really seemed to speak or care. There are not that many. compared to the Barcelo in Puerta Plata this staff falls very very short!!!!! Friendly nope, they never seemed to be happy or smile. I'm not a picky person or snotty....I enjoy the Dominican and adore the people! That's why I go back........But I was let down by Punta Cana. It wasn't all I thought it would be. The beach~~really people??? WHITE????? where were you people when you seen this "white" beach???? It's lighter in colour yes but smoke butts all over the place (and I smoke) but NEVER put the butts in the sand!!!!! and seaweed and yes the sand bugs!!! Yes the sand bugs are there~~~~I never believed people when they would say there were bugs in the sand....but my daughter got bites and myself for the first time got them too!!!!! I found the entertainment staff on the beach to be ok but nothing special. And they don't do alot around the pool area or threw the resort. I only see them on the beach for about 2 hours everyday, that was it. I found this strange too as in the other Barcelo they interacted with ""US" all the time and with everyone who was staying at the resort. This staff didn't do that only for the 2 hours they were on the beach and they didn't really do that much with "US" on the beach. There seemed to be alot of "Suit People" walking around the resort talking to themselves at this resort. The one good thing and person whom I truly will miss would be our maid~~she only cleaned our room twice (as we don't feel the need to change and tidy everyday) BUT we always seen and talked to her and she would ask in broken english the best she could if we needed anything! She was brilliant. I'm not saying it's a bad resort I'm just saying I was let down by it since it is of the Barcelo Chain. I won't go back to Punta Cana cause I found it to commerical for me. I enjoy the Dominican people and I found you don't get that with this resort. I'll go back to Puerta Plata anytime!!But you can keep Punta Cana. It's not for me. (there's an Ikea in punta cana that told me from the start that I was in the wrong part of the Dominican for me)

Room Tip: there all good rooms that I could see. the rooms weren't a problem for us. We were in the 3000...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ShaunSyd

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This review is long overdue! But, my boyfriend and I went to Barcelo Bavaro last June-July and it was just an amazing vacation. Check in was very smooth and they greet you with a nice fruity drink! The lobby area was extremely clean as well as our room! You can go to the palace resort next door and use everything over there also. The restaurants were a hit or miss. The mexican one was the best and the steak house was pretty good also. The buffet was okay, a lot of the same foods daily. The beach was just beautiful, water was clear and sand was clean. There was seaweed in the water when we were there, not sure if its always like that but it didn't affect anything that much. Make sure you visit Jose at the front lobby bar, he was so funny and made awesome drinks! Take a walk down the beach to the shopping sign and bargain with the locals. That was an experience in it self and was really neat!! Overall, we had a fun trip and met lots of other couples and we will definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for something a little closer to the pool and main lobby. We got stuck in the very last buildin...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Renee F

Dear guest,
We appreciate all your nice comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort and our amazing beach. I’m glad you have been enjoying the a la carte restaurants and all the facilities and services that we have for you. Thanks for your feedback about our staff, it makes us feel proud.
Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have just returned from our fourth stay wth this hotel...we have seen a lot of changes to the grounds, new buildings and resturants..in the last 2-3 years, .all making it an even nicer place to stay. We had stayed at other acommodations/beaches on the Dominican, , but found this place the best!
We have always found the staff EXCELLENT in their manner, courtesy, effort to understand our wants, and their ability to give us the service we needed. There are several resturants in the complex, three I believe which charge for the meal, the others are all included in your reservation, and are all excellent, well staffed, serving a great variety of meats, and vegetables and fruit. We were particulary pleased with the manner and friendliness of Mayra Encounacion, server at the Caribe resturant, whom we have always been greeted with great remembrance, friendliness and efficiency, for the past three years...making us feel like old friends. Our maid, Alexanderia, was so very cheerful and solicitious about everythng, leaving us a neat room every morning. The girls are always so friendly and will try to find an answer to any of your requests!.
Our room was neat, well tended and the little park across from our building #2 is a nice little spot to walk, see local flora and catch a look of the resident peacocks. There always seems to be very adequate security when walking the grounds in the evening. Seven evenings entertainment were on the two stages on the total premises, also shuffle board, two pool tables and two table tennis tables in our section...which we enjoyed daily. Lots of swimming pools too!
We plan to return again next year, to the beautiful white sandy quiet water beach, with more than adequate beach chairs available each day. We highly recommend the whole complex , including where we were, in the senior section end of the complex.
- Allan & Ghlee, Nova Scotia

Room Tip: We found the top floor (3rd Floor) (serviced by elevator)on the buildings in the Senior Section ni...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Allan D

Dear guest,
We appreciate all your nice comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort. I’m glad you have been enjoying the a la carte restaurants and all the facilities and services that we have for you.
Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay during these years. You are welcome to our paradise.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My sister and I and a wonderful trip although I did end up in a private hospital in Punta Cana. Guest Services in particular Yizzell and Elina were exceptional. Their concern with my treatment and after care was second to none. Also Air Transat's telephone call while I was in hospital was so very much appreciated. Other than the hospital stay....the beach was immaculate....the palm trees providing natural shade...housekeeping fantastic...meals out of this world...I would go back in a heartbeat...and hope to soon.

Room Tip: My sis and I were on 3rd floor so noise level was at a minimum...although walls are thin and could h...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Puntacanafan403

Dear guest,
I regret that your holiday is finished in a Hospital, but thanks for your very nice comments. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our. Thanks for your feedback about our staff, it makes us feel proud. Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had gone to this resort before 25 years ago to be exact. We liked it so much that when we had children we brought them there for march break. The last time was in 2008. This visit we found out that they renovated we didn't recognize anything. It was simply beautiful. They have 7 a la carte restaurant, Italian,French Japanese,international,Mediterranean,seafood, Mexican. We went to the dolce vita, Santa Fe the steakhouse,le gourmet, and Brisas. They were all good just at the steakhouse go for the sirloin the thinner steaks are overcooked. Because its an Adult only it's very quiet exept went the pirate ship passes by when you re on the beach. I read on trip adviser that there is a language problem, it's not as bad as people write we are in a Spanish country it's up to us to learn a couple of words and meet them half way. We went with the Premium Club easy check in and out, free wifi, 10% off hotel services. The Spa is worth going to ,got really pampered with vitamin C wrap after a burn on e chest. the train ride going to the different hotels on the resort is lots of fun. We also took the sailing adventure with the Thai lunch , really fun we had a blast with the crew esp. Peter.overall if your going to this resort you won't be disappointed in my opinion. Also our husbands are golfers and they really enjoyed the course. It was a hit I'm sure we will be returning.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DianaTri

Dear guest,
We appreciate all your nice comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially the club premium services. I’m glad you have been enjoying the a la carte restaurants and all the facilities and services that we have for you. Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay.