Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)
  • Breakfast included
Royal Service at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)
View Hotel
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)
8,832 results
All reviewschez gourmetla brisaclub premiumpalace deluxebavaro beachguest servicesdeluxe sidecaribe buffetsanta fe steakhouseadults only sectionocean frontswim up barpalm treesa la carte restaurantschateaubrianddinner reservationsseafood
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had great time, me and my husban was recently there and we had a Junior suite with Jacuzzi on the balcony ,we enjoy the food, spa was lovely ... and lord the beach was so beautiful.. costumer service was excellent. I would gladly come back next year... p.s special thanks to Edgar front. Desk keep up the good work... thank you for your. Service....

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank judybella66
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear guest,
We thank you for choosing Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.
Thank you very much for all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort and amazing beach. Thank you so much for your feedback about our staff, that make us feel proud.
As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Place was too big. Nice facility, poor food options at the buffet. Watered down drinks... Good service especially at ala carte. Hotel credits is scam; nothing was available from room upgrade to any appts at the spa. Adults only should have swim up bar.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Jamiejamie77

Dear guest,
I have read thoroughly your comments because they are very important for us as a responsible and professional hotel chain.
With regards to the food selection at the A La carte restaurants being the same as the food at the buffet, I must clear this point to you that we have a totally different menu, once we do not offer choices of sirloin or cod fish, grouper and many others on the buffet, but I understand that you can find lobster, shrimp, different meat and desserts on the Buffet.
With regards to resort credit is a gift we make to our guest and will be only to applied toward the purchasing of different services and products in our resort, and this has restrictions and this is subject to availability too.
We hope to give us the opportunity to provide the care and quality you deserve at a future visit. We remain at your entire disposition for any assistance you might need before your visit.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Just returned on 2/23 from a week at this property. Very clean! We were on the first floor, in building 3. We loved our room: superior oceanfront, double sinks in the bathroom, mini-bar included in all exclusive price, nice patio, large flat screen TV, lots of programs in English. One disadvantage was that we could hear the people upstairs from us moving their furniture, or whatever...there were robes and slippers which felt good after a long day...

Buffets were not spectacular. They leaned heavily on Dominican food, which was just so so. We did like eggs to order in the mornings and make to order crepes every day. The desserts were good too. Best tip: while my husband was with the bellman settling in the room, I was making dinner reservations at the specialty restaurants. We especially liked the Spanish, Italian and French restaurants. But if you like to have dinner around 7, make your reservations early. I heard many people,complaining that they had to dine at 10 or later.

As for the pool and beach, it was just ok. We were all adults in this part of the resort, which gave a more relaxing feel. However, there was a lot of seaweed that came ashore daily. They had crews out daily to rake it up, but it always seemed to be there. That made it more difficult to really enjoy the ocean. No bar service at the beach and the pool service was lax, too. Many people brought insulated containers from home and the bartenders would fill them to the brim. Lots of chairs at the beach, but if you wanted shade, you had to stake out your ground early.

Activities and entertainment were less than I had expected. We had already done most of their offerings in earlier vacations. The shows weren't as good as some high school productions that I've seen.

We did not upgrade to Club Premium, and we're glad we didn't. There didn't seem to be many advantages in doing so. They also gave us this big coupon book but it had lots of fine print and we only used two of them. The French restaurant costs an extra $100, but we did use 2 $40 dollar coupons.

You can get some of their privileges a la carte, like Internet, at the gift shop. Very reasonable.
There were lots of places to shop and lots of different styles. One of my favorite things was a massage by the pool. heavenly!

Don't drink their water. My husband and I both felt queasy from time to time and I don't drink at all.

Other reviewers are correct about the staff. Most of them know very little English. This is where you, the visitor, could learn how to read a menu, say hello/goodbye and please/thank you. You would be surprised at how far it gets you.

worst experience:

One day at the pool, someone took my towel. There were towels all over the deck, but mine was missing. They are very stingy with their cheap towels and lectured me about shirking my responsibility to take care of the towel, and tried to charge me $20 to replace it. I left my chair to get a drink at the bar. If their service had been acceptable, I would have never had to leave it in the first place! So I complained to the towel services and guest services. Only when I threatened to go back to the US early, they came up with a new towel and an apology. Front desk and guest services were so rude. (but not all of them, by far). Many were friendly and sweet, especially if you tried to use any Spanish.

Housekeeping was good, except for one day that no one showed up,at all . When we called to inquire, they sent someone right away.

Finally, smoking was allowed in all public areas, which I did not appreciate at all. Lots of Europeans and Russians at the resort.

But overall, I was glad to spend the time there. I would just choose somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Elevators are hard to find and stairs are a pain, so try for first floor. We really did like building 3. Though building 2 is closer, you can still hear any activities on the beach or at the bar, which ismampain if you wanted to nap after a day of sun.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Theresa N
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for all your comments regarding to our resort, we are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort. With regards to the beach towels we are so sorry about this issue but upon your arrival our guest are informed about the towels rule indicating them that in case of lost there is an extra $20 us charge.
In order to provide an excellent service the beach towels are in the room at your arrival moment and also we have a towel house we you can change it dirty ones for clean ones at any moment, thanks for your feedback we are always working into getting better day by day.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I'd like to begin that I am a travel agent (well traveled and not high maintenance). I had booked my trip 2/20-2/24 through my system for a wedding of 42 guests. I had booked my own reservation for double occupancy room during a special; however, for something odd reason it came over via the system as only 1 in party (the rate was correct in my GDS for 2 though). I called and verified over the phone that the reservation shows booked and confirmed for 2 guests and they advised yes. I also emailed twice to ensure accuracy and recieved 2 email confirmation of this. My friends room for the same period was at a similar rate. Upon arrival, the check in took 2 hrs.. yes 2 hrs. I was advised that they needed $488.00 additional for my reservation due to showing only 1 confirmed. I was worried of this issue and showed them the confirmations from their hotel and they advised that they made an error and I must pay this difference. I would have easily made any corrections at the time of booking however I had reconfirmed 3 times (twice in writing). They admitted they had made an error but took absolutely no ownership in this issue and still charged us the addtional money. Unacceptable. Management would simply stare at me and then walk away to some "room" and then come back and just continue to blankly stare at me with no real response or acceptable answer to the issue. This happened several times and they finally offered an oceanfront room upgrade for my inconvenience and I had to ask for internet. We proceeded to the room as I had grown tired of spending 2hrs at check in. The room was a double bed room - it would have been nice that they tell you this information prior to taking you to the room, right? I called and they basically ignored us once again. I went to the front desk and they offered to change our room again at 3pm the next day. I advised that i was in a wedding at 5pm that day and would need it earlier in the day. It was not possible, so we decided to just stay in the room.
The room was nice and the property is kept clean; however, there is alot of communication difficulties due to the language barrier. That is fine, but much of the staff was rude if you didn't tip. (they wanted to take your bags literally 10 ft fromt he weight station to the curb for a tip, it was pretty apparent). BTW - you have to pay $1.00 to weigh your bags and if you don't know the kg max for your luggage, they won't advise if it's over. This happened to a friend). I had given tips and also witnessed tips being given by others and staff showed NOT an OUNCE of appreciation. It was simply taken as if expected and walked off. I experience this with my shuttle service as well (the driver flipped out because he wasn't happy with his $4.00 tip) That was pretty shocking.
I have stayed at numerous all inclusives at this price point - and this by far was the most disappointing experience for the money.
The food at the buffets had much to be desired. Many of the party of 42 developed stomach issues. The bride had to leave her reception early due to stomach issues. Many in the party experienced rude staff as well. The bride had to change rooms during her stay (the night before her wedding) and I also overheard other guests talking about having to change rooms as well. This really affects your experience on vacation.
During my 2hr checkin - no one advised us regarding the reservation needs for restaurants or anything in particular about the hotel This may be because we chose to grab our bags and head to our room without a bellboy. Possibly that is who fills you in on the need-to-knows of the resort.
All of our restaurant reservations were made after 10pm, due to our party size and the staff was extremley un-accomodating if you had 1 extra guest show up. For instance, we had to make reservations for 10:45pm for 12, yes we ate at 11:30pm! They would not push the 3 tables next to each other together for us. Simply refused. Two extra people showed up, they refused to offer any assistance. We ate out dinner at 11:30pm at 3 seperate tables next to eachother and there was a table right across from us that sat emply because they refused to allow the 2 others to sit with us due to our reservations being for 12 and not 14. The problem is, not much of the staff is freindly, accomodating or try to help. They just stare at you and say no. No one tries to please the guest or make their stay more enjoyable. This was shocking.
Housekeeping cleaned the room every day, but no towels left on the last night.

Pros:
Grounds and property are beautiful and clean
Restaurant food is good (service was much better at the Japanese restaurant and the food was good at the Sports Bar)

Cons:
There is no food service by the pools.
Management and staff are un-accomodating, and many are generally rude.
Difficult to communicate with much of the staff
Tips are expected and not appreciated
Buffet food not the best (however, variety is offered)

2 of the guests had stayed at the Hard Rock previously and had said their experience was extremely better with regard to service and food. Unfortunately, I do know that none of the 42 guests that attended will ever stay at this property or a Barcelo property again due to their own poor experiences and I surely will not recommend this resort for any corporate conferences that I handle or recommend them for any personal travel as well. I will continue recommending the all inclusives in Mexico that I have experience first hand as the service and food was far superior to what we experienced in DR. They always worked hard to make sure you were happy and would come back again. I never once felt that anyone cared if I or anyone in my group every came back to the resort again. Absolutely no above and beyond service. That is ok. I don't expect them to take any ownership in their error of $488.00 or really see them making a grand effort in improving their management and staff interractions with guests. It all boils down to management... why would someone's experience be that much different at the Hard Rock vs this property. Management is obviously not pressing the importance of staff pleansantness and WILLINGNESS to make your stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Sandi V

Dear guest,
I’m terribly sorry about hearing that we couldn’t cover your expectations, and also for the treatment you said have received from our staff when close enough to the 100% of our visitors are impressed with the way we make them feel but thanks to your feedbacks we keep working on get better.

Beach beautiful.

Staff great, especially Joanna and Noemi at the Club Premium, and our housekeeper Brigidda (sp?).

Wine and champagne were horrific, even with us being part of the Club Premium. . We enjoyed food at Chez Gourmet and Le Comedie. Have breakfast/lunch at Club Premium or at the Golf Club. Run from the Buffet Restaurant. Food was very inconsistent. They somehow fried a piece of paper around a piece of my chicken. When I brought it to the attention of 2 workers, they shrugged their shoulders...not even an apology.

We stayed in Room 2086 which is on the 3rd floor. The room is very basic, but the view of the beach was phenomenal. The bathroom is outdated, with our toilet handle breaking twice.

Missed having a wait staff at the beach, but not a big deal to get our own drinks. Always able to find chairs at the beach, but not at the pool. People would put their towels on their chairs at 7 AM, and not use them for hours, if at all. Don't understand why hotel allows this.

Staff was great. Resort super clean. Beach great. If the food and liquor were better I would give them a 5 Star rating.

Room Tip: Choose oceanfront 2000 building. It's steps from beach and close to pool.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank mysu2

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially the services club premium. Thank you so much for your feedback about our staff, that make us feel proud.
With regards to the food and liquors we are continuously working into getting better of our services in relation to this issue.