This was a trip that I took with my mother. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly by reception and enjoyed the beach and beautiful scenery, even though it was commercialized with several party boats on display and helicopters flying overhead all day, every day. However, the staff and other guests at the resort were extremely rude and disrespectful. After checking in we sat at the somewhat interior bar (outside but covered) in our bathing suits and were asked to leave at 6 p.m. and could only return if we were fully covered. Following day, I visited the pool side bar and left the bartenders a $5 tip. I asked if they split the tips so that I could be assured that each was receiving their fair share. As I walked away I heard them talking in their native language (which unbeknownst to them I could understand) that "it was only a measly $5". Later that evening at the interior bar I was told "no mas" when I was clearly NOT intoxicated and even if I was this was an all inclusive resort and I did not appreciate being told I could no longer be served. Upon arguing with the bartender, I did receive the additional drinks I asked for. The following day we witnessed a staff member using her cell phone with one hand while giving a guest a massage (that he paid for) with the other hand. My mother went to the interior bar in the early afternoon and was refused a drink and told "come back when you are covered up". All these negative experiences led me to complain to Guest Services as we had spent a lot of money on this trip and were being treated disrespectfully. Guest services then listened to my complaints (all of which are noted above) and responded the next day as if we were to blame (i.e. the problem).
We then ventured down the resort to the family friendly area and had no problems with the staff or other guests. Everyone was carefree and friendly, including the bartenders as well as the other guests.
In closing, we feel that the disrespect we encountered was beyond belief. We will NEVER return to this resort and we caution anyone planning a trip to this resort not to expect any type of decent customer service. The only positive experience we had was with our housekeeping staff who went out of her way to make us comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Barcelo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana