First of all, just want to say that I don't understand the negative reviews. This holiday was by far the best we had yet. Reading all the negative reviews I was almost regretting my choice. Remember this: YOU are on VACATION, Dominican employee are WORKING. How are you everyday when you are at your workplace and working. Are you smiling every single minute??? I can guarantee you that if you are smiling, nice with them and have a minimum of sens of humour, you will have the best service ever... Here are my comments....
As soon as we got in, I got my room and was on the first floor and wanted a second or third floor. I asked to see if it was possible for me to switch room and after a small 15 min wait, I got what I asked for with a smile. Check in was done really rapidely and this on a Saturday afternoon. We just had to wait to 3:00PM to receive our room card.
Nice rooms with a balcony. Didn't have a beach view but this didn't matter to us because we just use the room to sleep. Super comfortable king size bed with a flat screen TV with many pillows. The bathroom need a refresh as they all have a shower in a regular and old bath tub.The room was cleaned every day. There is a little card on the door knob (on one side: Do not disturb and on the other side: Make the room). Use the card if you want your room cleaned rapidely. Sometimes we went for breakfast and came back right after to pick up our stuff for the beach and our room was already cleaned. We got bottled water refills everyday.
I will compare with the Gran Bahia Principe in Punta Cana, this was by far the best beach. Not too crowded. Enough chairs for everybody. You don't need to get up early to do a chair reservation. Just need to reserve a chair earlier at the pool. But if you don't have an available chair at the pool, you just go on the beach and bring one. The service at the pool bar is not as bad as some people say... At the most, there was maybe 5 to 6 people waiting in line and there were managers there helping out on the service. There are employees that are removing seeweeds early in the morning and also at noon (see pictures). Water at the beach is very clear.
Average age of tourists at this resort: 60 years old. We are 38 and 36 years old. We were among the youngest. This didn't matter to us because we had a relaxed environnement. If we wanted more activity, we had access to the other resort (Barcelo Bavaro Palace). But we went a few times for supper but still preferred our relaxing resort.
The a la carte restaurants were very good. The best one was La FUENTE spanish restaurant. I ate the best red snapper ever. The Steakhouse was also very good. The Japanese restaurant was not included but for 15$ per person it was worth the extra. The ONLY negative comment I have is for the tinto and blanco vino... they are the worst wine I ever tasted. I am not a picky wine drinker and usually drink wine at every resorts. This year this was not possible. You can bring your own wine at the restaurant. They will charge you 10$ to open it. We brought one at the Japanese restaurant and they didn't charge us to open it.
Buffet food was very good. We had lobster almost every day at the buffet. You will find a pasta bar and all kind of very good food. Ask Gabriel for a Fruit pancake, he was very friendly and gave good service every day. They also had a chocolate fountain. The desserts were very good. If you want good coffee, forget the buffet, go at the lobby bar. It's the best coffee. The guy there in the morning will serve you with a smile!!!!
Honestly, I would go back there next year. Good quality price resort... With good wine and refreshed bathrooms this would be a 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Barcelo, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana