Our stay consisted of 1 week as part of a large group. Highlights included fantastic facilities, something for everyone. The coffee was amazing, drinks were never too "boozy" and the night time entertainment was good. Downsides were mainly the food and service. Food was horrible at the buffets and lots of times it was unclear as to what was actually being served. Breakfast was your best bet for getting a decent full meal. Even then, omelettes were frequently undercooked. We"ve never been to a resort where the risk of food illness was so high. A few people in the group were ill from the food and we ourselves had discovered undercooked beef and lobster a few times. The a la carte restaurants were "ok". The Japanese restaurant is phenomenal and the cigar/coffee shop was great too. Drink orders were consistently wrong, we equate this to the language barrier which is quite big for a resort of this supposed caliber.
For those booking large groups - beware of the Palace Deluxe vs Beach (adults only) bookings. Those with Palace wrist bands are NOT allowed service on the beach side even if they are childless. Beach bands can go anywhere and will be served anywhere. The majority of the a la cartes are on the Palace side which is about a 10 min walk across the resort.
In summar: ok experience, beach was awesome, pool was quiet but, not worth the price and glad to be home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana