OMG OMG OMG OMG ...... Barcello Bavaro Beach is simply amazing and this review is long overdue.
My hubby and I traveled March 19th-26th 2011 and I am returning March24th 2012 and this year I'll be traveling with a friend and I am like a child waiting to go to Disneyland, to say I am excited in an understatement.
Last year when I was looking in vacations in Punta Cana I used tripadvisor to do most of my research. I found that the reviews were really helpful and I loved the traveler's photo's. There were some bad reviews which kinda scared me but now having experienced this resort for myself I have to say whomever complained about this place must have some pretty high standards because I have been to some pretty posh places in my life.... and Im pretty familiar with luxury. I don't have a single bad thing to say about this place.
So let me tell you about this place :)
We flew out of Montreal on March 19th, quick painless flight and entry into the country, our tour company had an awesome coach bus waiting that brought us to resort , the ride was less then 20 minutes :) When we entered the perfectly manicured compound ( I say compound because this place is like fort knocks I felt soooo safe the whole time I was there) the bus stopped at THE PALACE first. So what you need to understand is Barcelo Bavaro Beach and Barcelo Bavaro Beach Palace Deluxe are 2 seperate branchs of the same resort. I was awestruck at the main entrance and was a little disappointed at first when we had to wait to get off at the Adults Only Section which is Barcelo Bavaro Beach. I was a little confused at first as to how this 2 resort in 1 thing worked.
So we are dropped off at our reception area and were greeted by amazing staff with a welcome drink. They took our luggage and we started to check in and our rooms were not ready until 3pm however it was only 1pm so we had kinda already planned for this happening so we had bathing suits in our carry on luggage.... they gave us our bracelets, cards for towels and after a quick change we were on our way. Walking up to that beach was incredible, the warm breeze, the smell of the ocean and then there I was, I was in heaven. I was literally brought to tears, Bavaro Beach was rated #8 best beach in the world by National Geographic and there is no questioning that.
The sand is powder white with pink flecks .... the water is turquoise blue and those palm trees are majestic. The ambiance on the beach is so serene with ambient tropical music pumping through the resort .... all along the walk ways there are speakers that look like rocks playing soothing music.
Once we were brought to our ground floor ocean view room I got emotional again, it exceeded all of my expectations. All week this room was kept clean, the cleaning staff were great, always having smiles on their faces and never forgetting to say Ola as they passed you along the walkways. I once spent a night in Ottawa at the Westin Hotel overlooking the peace tower in a "Heavenly Bed" and the bed be had here was exactly the same. Crisp clean high quality linens, fluffy duvets and pillows .... tonnes and tonnes of fluffy pillows, it was a little marshmallow cloud of comfort. The bathroom was really nice, it was a double vanity and there was a separate private room attached that contains the toilet and bath .... I guess if I had to complain about something I would say the tub was a little dated but still really clean so like I said ...if I had to find something to complain about that would be it. The TV was a nice LCD with lots of channels and the mini bar was stocked everyday with 6 beer, 6 bottles of pop, 2 juice boxes, water, chips, peanuts, granola..... it was great!! Overall a really nice room and because we were on the ground floor we had the pleasure of the peacocks coming to visit in the morning and I would hand feed them the granola from the mini bar.
OK so food ,,,,, WOAH where do I begin? I think between Adults only and the palace there were 7 a la carts and we tried Chez Gourmet, the Steak house, La Brisa ( seafood) Strikers sports grill .... yumm yumm yum yum yum the food was amazing. The proteins like the beef, and pork taste a little different then what we in North America are used to but it was still very good. Chez Gourmet which is located in the Adults only area was my favorite by far, it was so romantic with beaded curtains between the tables, it was luxe :)
The Buffet was also very very good with a pasta bar, pizza, salads, cheeses, soups, ice creams, bread bars..... fruits, veggies it was overwhelming sometimes .. I just wanted to try everything. My favorite meal of the day was breakfast :) Omlette bar where the cooks make your omlette or eggs to order while you watch , champagne and orange juice and all these fruits and cheeses AMMMAZING!!!!
The Main pool and its bar is quick, service is friendly and the girls will serve you poolside...I loved the loungers and side tables that are right in the pool :) After 10pm the pool bar changes into a gorgeous lounge that overlooks the beach and they have candles glowing, appetizers being served and I was given flowers it was so romantic. The Director of the hotel came up and introduced himself, made chit chat with us, gave me his card and a promise that our stay would be comfortable. It was service beyond compare. I was very impressed.
And this is just the Adults only side !!!! ..... so you also have access to the PALACE!!! :) :) This is where all the "crazy fun" happens. I loved the place but I liked coming back to our side of the resort to chill. So you can either walk the covered walkways or take the beach or the cute little trolly train over to the palace where you have lots of great shopping, the stores are really nice , I did alot of unnecessary shopping :) A bunch of restaurants, cigar lounge, a casino, an amphitheater ( every night the entertainment was spectacular we saw a production of CATS one night) there is a huge spa, gym, pools swim up bar, water sports, a kids water park, a church, laser tag, arcade and THE DISCO ..... ohhh man this is a hot hot hot club, I have partied in Montreal and Toronto and this club can compete :) The DJ was great , light show and giant screen projectors in this 2 level bad boy!! We had some fun nights in there!
You have full access to the whole palace, the adults only and you get 7 a la cart's.
Ignore the bad reviews and go have the time of your life :)
Ill write another review of this years experience when I get home :)
Hope this helps your decision
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Barcelo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana