We visited the resort at the start of October for our honeymoon and we only have good words to say about it! From the moment we checked in we were greeted by happy smiling staff who couldn't do enough to make sure everything was just right.
The hotel is right next to the beach and is just like being in paradise! It is so so beautiful and we always managed to find a quiet spot easily. The hotel staff also clear the seaweed everyday!
The meals served in the buffet restaurants were varied and of good quality. There are also several A La Carte restaurants,mostly at the Palace hotel. I would recommend booking these in advance as they get booked up quick and would highly recommend Chez Gourmet and the Italian restaurant. We also booked a romantic meal on the beach on our last evening which is well worth the money!
The drinks were strong but also good! Alcohol content is high and can put you on your backside if your not careful as doubles seem to be the norm out there. Tipping does help but I wouldn't go mad with it as just being nice to the staff goes a long way.
We did a couple of the local excursions, the first being Megatrucks which is amazing! It's a real insight into local culture and the tour guides are brilliant. The second was to Saona island which was average at best. Unless you are excited by a roadkill barbecue and being swarmed with midges you will not enjoy this one. Definately book the Megatruck excursion though!
The entertainment on the resort itself was really top quality, they had a Michael Jackson show while we where there and it was EPIC! That boy had some serious moves, started to wonder if the king of pop actually did die.
The trains that go around the resort can be slightly annoying as you have no idea when they will turn up, but all in all they are pretty good. The mini golf is really good just get there before 6pm or you have to pay which is not good! Also remember to take your insect repellent!
Our two favourite people we met at the resort were Alexandra on reception and Fastino in the buffet restarurant who both very helpful and always happy to see to us and have a chat!
In short we would highly recommend the resort, if you want good service just dont be rude.
We hope to return to celebrate one of our Wedding Anniversaries!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Barcelo, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana