“Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adult Only All-Inclusive Resort”

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
Ranked #23 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Somerset, New Jersey
“Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adult Only All-Inclusive Resort”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Overall the experience was very relaxing. I was not overly excited about my room. I think from the pictures I was expecting more of a suite. However, the ocean front view was awesome. I enjoyed eating breakfast on my balcony ever morning as room service is included in the package deal. The food was not the best however I just ordered the usual American Breakfast. The service was great although everyone did not speak English they did go out of their way to accommodate you by getting someone else that would understand your needs. I would not recommend eating ever night at the buffet as the food to me was bland. With the all inclusive package you are entitled to eat at other restaurants of your choice. I feel in love with the French Restaurant!!!! The food was delish! I even requested to meet the chef and the owner to personally thank them myself. The overall service was amazing and that’s what stood out in my mind!! The housekeeping staff was amazing! I did not feel the need to hide anything in addition to what I put in the safe. Every time I came back to the room everything was neat and tidy. The young man Enmanuel who escorted my luggage was very prompt and courteous. The concierge ladies Aracelis, Johanna, Jazmine and Noemi were the best!! Whatever you needed they were there to service. On the last day of my trip I missed the continental breakfast and they searched for a go-away cartoon and personally made me breakfast to go!! and if that wasn't awesome enough Jazmine searched for disposable silverware and when she couldn’t find any she kindly wrapped up some real silverware for me to eat my breakfast with in the cab on the way to the airport. They were outstanding and sincerely cared about my experience at their Resort!! I look forward to meeting them again on the next trip next year.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are the best
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
17 Thank Jasmine N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,389)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My sister and I stayed at Barcelo Bavaro Beach to celebrate our birthday in September. I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience. The staff, guest services, food and entertainment was more than we could ask for or imagine. We were thoroughly satisfied and will visit the resort again next year. Evelin Ramirez in Guest Services made myself and my sister feel welcome and she went out of her way to accommodate our requests. I would highly recommend the resort to anyone needing time away for a little rest and relaxation. This vacation was nothing short of extraordinary!!

Room Tip: Barcelo Bavro Beach is on the water, it was less than a 2 minute walk from my room to the beach.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Jolene S
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

After I booked I was getting a little worried with all the mixed reviews I read on here but I must say this place is really nice! I am a travel agent and have been many places, you can't beat this place. The whole resort including the rooms were really clean all the time, the grounds were beautiful, most of the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Yes, not everyone spoke english but there was always someone that could help you if you needed it. I had a problem with my shower and it was fixed the next day. We are in THEIR country with other people from all over the world that speak many of different languages so there is no way we should expect them to be able to speak each and every language. They did the best they could do and everyone of them worked hard to make sure you had a great stay.

Which brings me to the food, it was't the best but it wasn't the worst either, again, there are people from all over the world there and you can't expect them to be able to cook to everyones taste and liking. The buffets had a great selection that you could always find something to eat and the many other restaurants had great variety as well. I gained weight while I was there so it couldn't have been too bad. I would say it was somewhat comparable to the food on a cruise ship some better and some worse but again a great amount of choices. The coffee from the machines in the buffet was much better than the coffee they brought you to the table, and the fresh smoothies were awesome!

I stayed at the Bavaro Beach Adults section but almost everyday we went to the Bavaro Palace Deluxe for one thing or another and it was great basically have 2 resorts to visit. I liked the swim up bar at the Palace and the beach was a little more lively than the adult only section but both pools and beach were beautiful. The cute little train was great and made it really easy and quick to go back and forth.

We did walk down the beach and once you get past the resort you get to some shopping where they hound you a little but you need to stay firm with them and have fun haggling with them. We met some really nice people and went on a party boat one day and a dune buggy adventure one day which was quit a bit cheaper from them than from the hotel and was the same thing, we even picked up people from other hotels along the way.

I also always felt safe there, there were a lot security guards around the property making sure everything was great and people that weren't suppose to be there weren't. I really loved it there and would definately go back. My husband was very impressed as well and was looking around one day and said he would really like to come back and stay there again.

Anyone that says it wasn't a great place to stay really needs to have a reality check and think maybe it wasn't really the resort but them and they probably just need to stay home and not travel to other countries where things are a little different.

6 Thank KAJ918
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My first time travelling to Punta Cana, this resort was excellent. The staff was superb, always courteous and pleasant.

The beach is breathtaking. Looks exactly like the advertised photos. The forecast called for rain the entire week we were there but we only saw two showers during the night.

The food was average to excellent depending on where you dined. We ate breakfast in the club premium lounge every morning and the service there is first class. The Chez Gormet and The Comedie were the best as far as food quality and ambiance- 5 stars. The Kyoto was excellent food but noisey- it's a Benihana type restaurant. The Santa Fe was average on food and very noisey due to the buffet style setup and kids from the palace resort.

Room was clean and comfy with very very cold ac! We had an ocean front club premium room which is an upgrade and I reccommend going this route purely on the food selections, free wifi and view.

The beach entertainment was enjoyable. Dance lessons, volleyball and soccer on the beach. Even if you don't join in- it's very entertaining to watch. And if you wanted peace and quiet you can just walk further down the beach and it's very quiet and relaxing. We tipped every person every time, purely because the service was so fast and pleasant. Our maid left towel creations with fresh flowers on our bed every day and organized our toiletries daily. The bartenders knew our drinks and made every effort to engage us in conversation even when they were extremely busy. The staff inside the club premium was the most impressive. We spent alot of time here because it's located right in the center of the resort and offers wifi-hors douvres all day- and private bathrooms. You are always greeted with a smile and offered a drink.

Lots of the staff speak a decent amount of English. I speak very little Spanish and it got me by.

The shops at the north end of the resort are fun. The vendors are very friendly. They can be a little pushy but that comes with the territory. We shopped there 3 or 4 days. Never pay the first or even second price they offer. I always paid no more than half of what the original price offered was. They like to bundle so pick several items and you get an even better price. You can find all the same souvenirs they have in the gift shop for half the price or less. Security here is awesome. Cameras and security staff everywhere and if you don't have a resort bracelet you can't enter the beach area. Not that we were ever concerned about our safety but it was comforting to see the efforts.

We walked over to the main resort ( the palace) area which is just down the beach or you can take the trolley. The casino was nice, I lost 50 bucks in 15 minutes but it was fun. Didn't see much going on in the disco area but we didn't go to that area on Friday or Saturday night when it's most likely popular.

I received a complimentary 20 minute massage near the pool which was heavenly. This comes with the club premium upgrade.

Get the Club Premium Ocean Front Upgrade!!!- Ours only added $130.00(american) to our total stay and was worth so much more.

Overall, I can't say enough great things about this resort. We highly reccomend and can't wait to go back someday!!!

Room Tip: we were in 4015- best building in our opinion- awesome view- quiet end of resort (furthest from pala...
7 Thank rosalinda m
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Loved this place! The beach, the pool, the staff: relaxing and fun all day long! I walked down the beach in the mornings and as far as I went this place looked cleaner and nicer by far! Big enough to ensure plenty to do throughout but small enough to make your stay more intimate and enjoyable. Premium club was a fantastic choice and more than worth the small charges. Jazmun and Aracelis rock! I would definetely come back again! Thank you !!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Brenda M
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have traveled to several resorts in Mexico and Jamaica and this is by far the very best I have ever visited. From being greeted when we arrived and the ease of check-in could not have been smoother.We had breakfast each day in the Caribe buffet and our waiter most days was Lenardo and he and all of the wait staff were wonderful!!! I don't remember the names of so many and that is my fault, however, they were all very friendly, professional and worked so hard to make our stay memorable. The management at this hotel are doing everything right and the people who work for them are some of the best! I would and have recommended this resort to friends and will return. While most of the staff don't speak much english they understand it pretty well and work to communicate with you. My girlfriend and I had the most memorable trip and look forward to coming back. The food is well prepared and good, the atmostphere is relaxing and quiet. If you are looking for a great place to vacation at a reasonable price, this is the place. I highly recommend it. Even when we had checked out Natalie at the front desk continued to treat us well and was helpful to the end. I recommend reserving as a Premium guest as this takes all the pressure and wondering off of you. All meals are included as well as a great many services. Enjoy your stay here!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in a corner room and it was great. Very little noise, large room.
5 Thank Frank J
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife & I have just come back from Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults Only Resort,we were there from 21st to 28th Sept. it was her B/day present Sept 25th.I have been to about 20 All Inclusives in the Caribbean & must say that this is my highest rating for any Resort.the reviews are all true.
The food ,accomodations ,Beach & staff are all great,this was one of the very few places where you did not have to put your hands in your pocket every time you wanted a drink or a favour.
The selection of food was endless & had something for everybody..If the food was not zesty enough for you, there was always the handy bottle of "Salsa Piquante" everywhere. Drinks were not watered down & the Good stuff was always available at the Lobby Bar.The weather was better than perfect & the beach was just beautiful..yes they do try & clean up the Sea weed every second day..It is a thankless task !!!....The shopping mall just a short walk from the Hotel is a fun place & the Restaurant on the Beach is where we had the B/day dinner..2 lb Lobsters each with Fries & Rice for $40 ...how can you beat that ???....yes we also had the Romantic Dinner on the beach at the Hotel $$$$...
Staff were friendly & very helpful & we had no problem with communications with them,in particular I would like to thank Natalie & Alexandria at the check in counter for thier efficient & courteous service ,then there was Evelyn at the Guest Service desk for our A la carte dinners,Thanks Evelyn !!!...and lastly had a chance to meet the General Manager at the Invitations only affair at the Bohio Beach Bar ..his name is Samuel but everyone calls him "Sammy"...thanks Sammy for a wonderful Stay.....And as Arnold would say " I'LL BE BACK " ........

Room Tip: We were in Room 3069 ..it overlooked the Gardens & If you peeked thru trees you could see the Be...
5 Thank Brian L