My boyfriend and I just came back yesterday from Barcelo Bavaro. Check -in was quick even though we arrived early and had to wait for our room to be ready. No biggie we changed in the bathroom and hit the pool for drinks and food at the buffet while we waited. The lock in the room didnt work so we had to wait for them to change the front lock. After that it worked just fine.The room was nice but they do need to upgrade the bathroom area where the shower is located. Its outdated and the toilet never worked when it rained. We had to call twice to get it fixed and it was a two hour wait. The second time we called the front desk said they couldnt send anyone because it was late in the evening we would have to wait for the morning. But thank goodness it started working again on its own. We stay at Barcelo Punta Cana and the bathroom in our room was updated and modern. Barcelo Bavaro needs to take pointers from sister hotel.
The grounds are perfectly kept and all the public bathrooms are spotless. I loved all the lounge areas throughout the property and you must go see the roof top lounge at the Palace above the spa. The hotel is huge thank goodness for the train that comes every 10 mins. But if you dont mind walking the walk is only 6 mins on the front path of the hotel.
The beach was amazing and the pool was awesome. But we did wish they played music and the pool. Just cause its adults only and people want to relax doesn't mean you can't play music. The first two days we didnt see any activities staff which we thought was weird, because we go on vacation to relax but also to have some fun. Finally when the activites crew arrived the last two days we had music on the beach and tons of fun. We didnt want to walk to the other hotel to find activites espically since the Palace is filled with kids and teens everywhere.
The food was really good some days better then others but overall good. Breakfast was great at the Palace buffet we ate there every morning. We ate at four restaurants liked the Chez Gourmet at our part of the hotel the best. La Fuente came in as second best. The Coral which was the seafood restaurant wasnt good at all. But overall we like the food and probably gained a pound or two from eating so much.
The service throughout the hotel was ok some friendly some staff members seemed to have an attitude. But hey I'm vacation so I didn't pay it no mind.
Overall a good experience. For the right price I would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana