“Very good stay”

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
Ranked #22 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was here for a conference and everything was quite well done. It is very large and well laid out. The only caution is to plan your time going from your room to wherever you wish to go in the resort. There are regular trams that go throughout the resort, but you can make arrangements with the bell hop desk to have them pick you up at any time with a golf cart.

Food was excellent at all of the venues where I ate. Pool and beach were outstanding.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Mr. Prez,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers around the world who do not know us yet. We really appreciate your trust and confidence in our Barceló Bávaro Beach Hotel and hope to welcome you soon. Remember to contact us in your next visit that we will be more than happy to welcome you once again to our Caribbean paradise, always your second home.

There are newer reviews for Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only

Reviewed June 21, 2012

First time in Punta Cana and this was a great resort to stay in. Room was clean, A/C was working well at all times and housekeeping was always done. The beach is beautiful, staff was friendly, drinks were ok ,food was also ok…best buffet is the Bohio on the family side which had a Dominican selection of food. Pool area awesome and always very clean
I am glad I stayed on the Bavaro Beach Resort side which was an All Adults resort because it was quite and no children running around and not as many people so chairs were always available. I wished the resort had more latin music playing considering we were in DR. Entertainment was available every night on both location but it would have been nice to have a schedule to see what was happening where.

Overall, no complaints and I will def. visit Barcelo again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ItzJess
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your kind review about your experience with us and for sharing it with many other travelers around the world who do not know us yet. Thank you so much for your trust and confidence in our Barceló Bávaro Beach Hotel. It's our sincere hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future, so in your upcoming visit do not hesitate to contact us that we will be more than happy to welcome you.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

The Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort in Punta Cana was a beautiful place for vacation. The beaches were amazing and the grounds of the resort were very well kept. The food in the resturants was very good but the buffet food was so so (kindof bland and not alot of foods that you knew what it was) Having the Palace resort on the same property was very nice. We enjoyed going to the Casino every night and the resturants were very good at the Palace. I am glad I stayed on the Bavaro Beach Resort side which was an All Adults resort because it was quite and no children running around. I think the resort could have had some kind of music at the pool which would have made that better and a little more entertaiment at the beach and also at the pool. The language barrier is a little diffcult at times, not alot of the workers speak English, but we seemed to manage. Anything we asked for would get taken care of by someone on the staff. This was my first time staying on a Barcelo property but I will defintely stay at one again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JLS1007
Bavaro_Beach_Resort, Quality Department at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your kind review about your experience with us and for sharing it with many other travelers around the world who do not know us yet. Thank you so much for your trust and confidence in our Barceló Bávaro Beach Hotel. Please, in your upcoming visit do not hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to welcome you once again to our Caribbean paradise, always your second home.

Quality Deparment
Barceló Bávaro Beach Hotel

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Traveled to the D.R. on the last two weeks of April 2012. I have being to Punta Cana eight times and eight times I have stayed at The Barcelo Beach & Convention Center.The place just gets better and better. The cuisine has improved from an eight to a nine point five out of ten. The golf course has being completely refurbished including a new clubhouse, putting area and chipping area. More shade around the pool and new deck/lounge chairs surrounding the refurbished pool. The seaweed that washes up on the beach is cleaned twice a day - henceforth no sand fleas. The shopping at the resort will keep any shopaholics happy as they are continually adding more and diversified stores. I have traveled to Punta Cana in November, December, January, February, March and April - they are all terrific months to enjoy this resort. Do yourself a favor and improve your Spanish as few people speak English. I will be celebrating my birthday they're again and again. Fifteen days of heaven are not nearly enough - i got used to being catered to by a very friendly staff and management.

Room Tip: No need to request an ocean view as many of the rooms give you a partial view. the quiet rooms are...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RaymondBurtH
Bavaro_Beach_Resort, Quality Department at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Dear Mr. Burt,

We really appreciate your positive review and for let us know that we were able to impress you during your last visit. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with many other travelers around the world who do not know us yet and also for your confidence in our Barceló Bávaro Beach Hotel. We will be more than happy to welcome you once again, so please in an upcoming visit do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Booked this trip for our honeymoon. The resort was very pretty and clean. We spent about 70 USD for tips at the resort; however, I don't think it made a difference. Management and the front desk were usually great: however, our tv was broken the entire week and the front desk told us multiple times they would send someone up. The bar service was ok, sometimes great but we were ignored on a few occasions by staff. On 2 occasions we got so frusterated, we had to leave. I speak some Spanish, which was extremely helpful!!! Being a vegetarian, eating was difficult, I would suggest eating at the sister hotel, the palace deluxe, if you don't eat meat or seafood. My husband was stomache sick most of the week, but we were prepared for that. Be forewarned that if any other hotel offers you a free day to check it out, DO NOT GO!!! The beach at our hotel was the best on the strip!! Everything was very expensive. Even at the duty/tax free stores. Bring US dollars. Most places count the euro the same as the dollar, and if you get money out of the ATM, it is in pasos and the charge about 10% at the casino to change it to dollars. If you want to lay by a pretty beach and just relax, it is a great place. We are a little adventurist and would have liked to go into town and explored, which is not really an option. Overall, we are happy we went but will probably not return.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Alesun
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Just got back from Barcelo Bavaro beach and I thought it was a great trip.
The beach is beautiful ,staff was friendly ,drinks were good ,room was nice and very tastefully decorated everywhere.
It was quiet at this resort so for some more excitment and better buffets we went to the Palace ...loved this place too ..so nice .especially the hallway with the pink trees out in front of the Japenese resturant everyone was getting their picture taken as they walked by..sports bar was good ,food alright .Japenese resturant was really good but we got a chef that didn't put on a good show as some others chefs did:(
saw Micheal Jackson great show. other shows not so good but didnt care .
we didn't have a single problem here .loved everything and would highly recommend .Its nice to be able to use both resorts . best of both worlds:)

Room Tip: we stayed in room 1057 second floor with pool and seaview..
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lindabrady
Bavaro_Beach_Resort, Quality Department at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear Mrs. Linda,

Barceló Bávaro Beach Hotel

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My husband and I recently returned from our first trip to Punta Cana, DR. The trip was a great getaway and just what we needed. It was also a last minute trip so I didn't get to research the hotel as much as I usually do when traveling. We chose Barcelo Bavaro Beach because the price was right!

PROS:

Overall: The resort is really nice, staff tries their best to be friendly and welcoming. It is adults only.

Beach: The beach is absolutely beautiful. In our opinion it is the best thing about the resort. White sand, clear blue water, you couldn't ask for anything better in paradise. We woke up and went to the beach before breakfast, and we really enjoyed it. There were few people there so it was quiet and just so relaxing.

CONS:

Room: we stayed in room 1007. The rooms are really nice and we liked ours a lot. However, the first time I took a shower, the water in the tub wouldn't go down the drain, until you were finished showering, so I was taking a shower in pretty much my own dirt! I called guest relations and they sent someone to fix it. He told me that there wasn't a problem. This made me very upset and I tried explaining to him that if he let the water run more than two seconds he would see that it accumulates and doesn't go down the drain, until you finished showering. He tells me nothing is wrong then proceeds to talk on his cell phone. I get dressed and go to the office to explain the situation. They apologize for the inconvenience and tell me they will send someone. I told them they could send the person in the morning because I already took a shower and it was now late. The next day, pretty much the same thing was repeated. A maintenance man came to our room and plunged the shower, and then left. Needless to say, after complaining several times, my husband and I ended up taking showers in our own dirt and grime for four days because no one ever fixed the shower problem. This really upset me for the whole trip because I felt like I didn't have a proper shower until I returned home to the United States. I complained to two different people and on three separate occasions, and we never got a solution to the problem. Another issue with our room, was the noise from the guests upstairs. It sounded like they were constantly moving the furniture in their room, sometimes in the middle of the night!

Food: in one word, mediocre. I am vegetarian and my husband is a meat eater, so we can judge the food from both sides of the coin. The vegetarian options were very slim, but I was able to eat some dishes. Caribbean Buffet Restaurant was okay with lots of different meat options, but not much chicken (my husband's complaint), they also served pretty much the same thing everyday. They did have the most wonderful freshly squeezed orange juice every morning at breakfast. It is some of the best orange juice I have ever had. We also ate at the Mexican restaurant, that was just a total mess. The waiter couldn't understand that I was ordering rice and refried beans. After two tries of bringing me the wrong dish, he finally got it, and when he did bring what I had ordered, it was so salty that I ended up not eating anything. My husband also left most of his meal on the plate because he said it was very salty as well. We also ate at La Brisa. The food there was inedible. I had the salad and then left everything on the plate. My husband also left most of his dinner on the plate. We left there and went to the Caribbean Buffet to try and find something to eat. Our favorite restaurant was Chez Gourmet. That was the best I ate all week. The food there is great. Both my husband and I really enjoyed our meal and the service was great! Pretty much the food was very, very disappointing.

Entertainment - this was pretty much nonexistent. We never went to the club, but every night we went to the theatre to see if anything was going on and nothing ever was. There was nothing going on at all. We would hang out at the lounges at night but we ended up going to bed pretty early every night because there was nothing else for us to do.

For the most part the resort is really nice, the grounds are clean and pristine, its situated on a lovely beach, we really enjoyed the pool and the lounges, and all of the wonderful sea breezes. However, my husband and I both agree that if we ever return to Punta Cana, we will not be staying at the Barcelo resorts, because we were disappointed more than impressed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shacheb75