There are many things to be said about this complex resort.
First of all the location is great.
The beach is awesome and there are many details , discrete ones, made to make your life easier from showers, trash bins to the beach bar, chaisselongues and activities.
But come back to the reception desk :)
rapid, efficient. 10 $ were offered based on previous recommendations , but I don't feel it was necessary and for sure not mandatory.
Do not forget to ask for discount coupons when checking-in.
The basic one is.. not basic at all.
Spacious and with everything you need inside. Air condition perfect, some drinks , excellent bad.
Just upgrading the TV program offers , but not needed too much in such vacation :)
Here I saw some debates and some clarifications are welcomed.
The "bath" has 2 parts: one with 2 sinks and big mirrors. you can find nice amenities (poor promoted even on hotel web-site) as you can find here various "kits" for tooth, vanity, razors and many others. So , no complaints.
The second room of the "bath" is the toilet and the bathtube.
Overall , not so bad, but , yes, it's just refurbished and not modern. 3 types of soap/shampoo are available , towel , bath robe and slippers. personal experience depends on the expectations.
Amazing for those loving sea food (including fish). Beef, pork or chicken also available.
Exotic fruits and many others also availble.
There are 4 buffet restaurant (2 in Beach, 2 in Palace). First 2 are not so crowded.
La brisa is excellent as view , but smaller in space (lower offer)
As choosing Beach instead of Palace I had the right to use only 4 a la carte, but I should admit that my experience was great at La Brisa where I had the feeling of personal service. The rest are a bit to crowded and the feeling is not different from buffet restaurants.
Nice times in both places (Beach/Palace). I think both teams need a bit of more halp from management and the support tools are missing and they are using more their personal skills than other "devices"
Miguel is a great guy.
If you don't want alcohol you need to specify otherwise most of the drinks are "con ron" :)
Overall experience is a positive even I had some issues , but rapidly solved but guest service. Internet is expensive and used as urgency only. Shops from inside are a bit expensive compare with the market behind the resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Barcelo, BookIt.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana