11,000 results
All reviews don pablo corner room palmyra buffet a la carte restaurants el olivio guest services garden grill other resorts lobby bar privilege club towel game room request dinner reservations lobster adults only section bavaro section t shirts
Reviewed October 16, 2017

Check in was a disaster. Our room was not ready, despite being well past normal check in time of 3 pm. We were told to just wait in reception and not even offered a drink! After waiting an age we had to track someone down to tell us what was happening.

The bathrooms desperately NEED upgrading as ours had general signs of wear and tear, cracked tiles and mastic all round the glass shower to try to keep the water in and given the 5 star rating this was not expected. The shower did not drain properly leaving standing water, two of the power points in the room did not work and the fridge was faulty and was finally fixed after five days.

On the positive side the food was lovely and we really enjoyed the restaurants we where able to book.

Top tip: Book the restaurants the moment you get to the hotel. I highly recommend the french and Brazilian both of which are within the hotel grounds. You can book the restaurants in the other hotels within the Bahia Principe resort however the service at the others we tried the Japanese and BBQ was no where near as good.

The pool was lovely with plenty of sun loungers, even mid day, although the music blares out and is a little too lively for those who like to relax. Given the average age of the hotels guest this seemed a little at odds and seemed more designed for the staff.

Evening entertainment was lacking and not advertised.

As we had previously stayed at another five start resort on the island this really disappointed us.

If the bathrooms where upgraded and the maintenance was kept on top of rather than being busy fire fighting this could be an amazing resort.

1  Thank ivebeenonholiday
Online Reputati... C, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing to our attention the comments about your stay. We sincerely regret if the circumstances that you have mentioned could have affected your vacation experience and that we were not able to fulfill your expectations with our service.

We deeply regret not being able to achieve our main objective with you, which is our guests´ entire satisfaction.

Adriana Peguero

Reviewed October 15, 2017

The word luxury must be removed from the Ambar Blue until it is renovated, and here is why?
I wrote a review in 2010 and gave this hotel a 6 stars, but now it is not worth more than 3 stars.
It took three hours to find a room with air condition that functions well, after changing three rooms from building #60 to building #61 on the first floor. All the rooms we got were so dark because light bulbs were burned and need to be changed. Then the fridges in all the rooms are not fridges anymore (if you go please read the card above the fridge that explains this) when we complained that the fridge does not work, they send a technical person to tell us that this is not a fridge anymore they are a storage box that is kept at room temperature?????When I asked for a cooling fridge for my medications they send me the boss with real fridge that cools (why is song and dance) that is why it is no longer luxury.
The furnitures that it used to be noce wood color are now all white and falling a part.
The bathroom has a toilet with no door and the shower has a glassdoor that it is broken ...........That is why this hotel should not have the word Luxury in the name anymore.
Hygiene: conditions or practices conducive to maintaining health and preventing disease, especially through cleanliness. Non existing and not practised. all the restaurants that are not air condition has a problem keeping the food at the right temperature, and also the people working are not practicing good hygiene, you need to repeat training again and again. people got sick including myself and I am very careful.
The other problem are the people of (timeshare is no longer) now the privilege VIP selling to you 30 or 60 or ....weeks, yes they give you a gift at the end but after they keep you for more than 2 hrs. at the end No Thanks and go.(unless you find it advantages which I don,t think).
The food quality is not the same as before but it is definitely not a luxury 5 stars. There is a lot of repetitiveness and less quality meat. they still have the Tuesday buffet for lobster and sea food.
Here are the good about this hotel: the people working are so nice they work with a smile even if you are not so nice with them.
The Bahia Principe hotel is too big and not all 7 hotels are 5 stars and this is the problem I found.
The Ambar blue should close to be renovated because the location is good.
We love the Bahia Principe, we have been going there for the last 15+ years BUT no more until it is renovated.
We were in building #61.
Sorry Noris...and Eveline...in guest services, you can write me when it's renovated

Room Tip: get a room in Esmeralda or Fantasia or Ambar green
2  Thank bolbol
Online Reputati... C, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you take the time to send us your comments regarding your experience during your last stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Please rest assured that we have taken your observations into great consideration.

We hope you will be willing to give us the opportunity to welcome you once again and be able to change any negative perception, demonstrating you the commitment and quality of service we have exhibited through the years.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

As advertised. We would go back. Great entertainment staff. Especially Jimmy, Christopher, Carlos and Santo. Food was good. Trolley system worked well to get around. Nightly activities were a lot of fun.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Online Reputati... C, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to read that you had an incredible experience in Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection, thanks to our amazing food and service. Our main objective is achieving our guests´ entire satisfaction and we are proud to know that we reached your expectations.

We are already looking forward to have you with us again.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in the Dominican Republic.

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

It was a complete last minute plan.. my friend and I went and booked our very first all inclusive to Punta Cana from 6 to 13 oct through Selloff vacations. We had heard from friends about the luxury Ambar blue and green resorts and as it was Adults Only, we immediately went ahead and booked it.

As soon as we got to the Hotel, we had a warm welcome and a guide to the resort. We got our room around 3 pm and really liked it however, the view was not something we wanted. The hotel staff was extremely sweet and had our room changed to the pool view.

The staff is extremely friendly and make you feel at home instantly. Ricardo and Teudys in the dining area made our dining experience even more amazing!

Hats off to the Animation Team!!! Santo, Jimmy , Kristofer and DJ Jose went above and beyond to keep all the guests happy and entertained!

Last but not the least, the bartenders by the pool and in the lobby made sure we always had a drink and never disappointed us.

We would highly recommend visiting this resort! Great ambience and staff! I would most definitely go back!

Also, please do visit the french (Don Pablo) a la carte restaurant. It is one of the best restaurants and a must- try in the Ambar resort!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Freeda F

Dear Freeda,

In the name of our General Manager and all staff members we would like to thank you for vacationing with us. We are very pleased to know that ourLuxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection was a wonderful place to stay and where you have had the best vacation ever for All-inclusive Hotel.

Ricardo,Teudys,Santo,Jimmy,Kristofer, and DJ Jose will be delighted to read that the contributed in creating you an especial vacation.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to welcoming you once again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2017

Adults only at Ambar Blue. Check In-A bit confusing as the bus drops you off at a joint lobby for the ambar blue and green and then transports you separately to your location. We then went to the counter they started to check us in then moved us to a room. After filling in the forms we went to our luggage and were quickly met, the bell person said to meet him at our room. Only because I have been to this resort I knew where to go but for others this would have been confusing. I believe the confusion at the beginning of the trip causes a lot of people to get off to a bad start with the resort and could be a very simple thing to fix.
Room was clean, the staff cleaning our room was excellent and never a problem. We did leave our key for our luggage at home so our bellman was kind enough to open my luggage without damaging it. Thank you.
Beach had seafood as did all resorts but it seemed the Bahia was the only resort trying to clean it. Great job and a hard, hot job, much appreciated. Lounges were never a problem, service on the beach was excellent.
Restaurants We ate at the main buffet for breakfast great service by all. Lunch was always at the beach, thank you Noel and Raffael for giving such good service. I think this was my favourite meal as I prefer the open air. Dinner we tried the Italian, Brazilian and fusion, all ok. I do have some dietary restrictions so did find it a bit difficult as I thought they would have more gluten free in the way of pasta and perhaps crackers breads. If I was to go again I would take perhaps even crackers to enjoy the antipasto at the al a carte. This would be an easy fix. The wine was ok, no choices unless you order.
I have to say we did go only a few weeks after hurricane Maria so we need to appreciate that all staff I am sure has worked very hard to repair and clean up the resort. Some resorts did have more damage than others.
Overall for the what we paid I cannot complain a bit. I think if you expect 5 star as you get in your country then be prepared to spend top dollar. Everyone works extremely hard and a couple dollars here and there will go a long ways. We are in another country and need to appreciate this. please use the safe for all valuables. We did hear of an issue.

Room Tip: Ambar blue is by the ocean We were Building 61 3rd floor with garden view. 2nd building in from pool which is then right at beach.

Dear Guest,

For all our team working is satisfying that you enjoyed our facilities and services. Please be assured that we value all feedback since is the best way we have to evaluate our daily performance.

Hoping to see you soon in our Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection!

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels for your holidays in the Dominican Republic.