“This is the ONLY resort my husband and I have returned to!!”

Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #50 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
Halifax, Canada
“This is the ONLY resort my husband and I have returned to!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is a fantastic resort. Clean, beautiful, friendly staff, beautiful buildings, good and great food. Dave and I went there in 2012 and just returned from our second stay 3 days ago. First time we stayed 7 days, this time we stayed 10 days. The beach is wonderful and the beach staff rock! A big shout out to Nelson, Jensy and Lino and the other guys I don't know your names, sorry, but what you do, you do best...shout out to Gabriela at the door of the International Buffet...Hola Hola Gabby, dancey dancey dancey, I still see your smiling face and hear your singing, haha...Luz good job and you're such a hoot in a subtle way....Iris, thanks for the Hibiscus blossoms every day, they made me smile. Dave and I saw many folks still employed there that we did 2 years ago. This is not a party hearty resort, but you do run into fun people and can have an awesome day in the pool, thanks for the fun day 24/7 Kevin, Natasha, Brian and Monique from California.....CANNONBALL!!!!!! Me a-hole, what are they 12! HAHAHA. Don't let the vendors up by the casino scare you, just be firm and joke with them, they are just trying to make a living and don't understand that running and shouting at people does not facilitate happy shopping. I would highly recommend this any of the Bahia resorts in Punta Cana, but I like the Ambar as it is Adults only. You won't be disappointed. Oh, and don't forget to feed the Avatar Cats, the one at the beach buffet is named Zoe. Cheers Susan

5 Thank Susan W
Viancagraciano, Customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Susan,

It is an honor and a great compliment to forward such wonderful comments to the staff you have mentioned. For all our staff it is enchanting to learn that their customer service and hospitality exceeded your expectations and to hear that you and your husband repeated this wonderful experience.

I would like to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future in our Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar and provide you once again a fantastic experience.

Enjoy an all-inclusive holiday as a couple with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,705)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mississauga
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Just returned from 12 days (April 18-May 1) at the Ambar and another amazing stay.
The rooms are clean, spacious and all the amenities you will need. Our room was cleaned usually daily before lunch and overall the maids did a very good job - our mini fridge was not stocked/replenished every day. The beach area was very clean and never had a problem getting a chair and there were plenty so did not have to get up early to find a spot. Able to take a beautiful long walk both ways if you enjoy beach walking. The water is clear and great area to swim. The pool area was good in terms of chairs/shade/bar and clean. The grounds were incredible and always some work being done cutting/trimming trees. The food at the buffets was quite good and the presentation was well done. A different theme every night (7 day rotation) and the food was always warm and a good veriety. There was always staff around replenishing dishes and ensuring the areas were kept clean. Had an excellent meal at the Don Pablo, Mediterranean was so so, Italian was good. Also tried the Mexican and Garden Grill at the Gran Bahia which were both good. The service was good in all restaurants. I found there seemed to be a lot of Managers around at the restaurants/buffets overseeing the operation and was good to see.
Found the gym at the Ambar lacked equipment and the very few machines they had (1 treadmill/1 bike and 1eliptical) were not working well--data did not display on screens. Was told they were going to be replaced the next week? so if wanting to workout just something to note. The yoga/pilates/stretching classes at the Ambar beach area (Jose/10:00) were great. We also played some tennis/rode the bikes/kayaking so lots of activities available.
Enjoyed the lobby bar/entertainment/music in the evening--some nights were special drinks made (choc martinis), special chocolates which was a nice touch.
Overall the staff did an excellent job and were always available to help if you had any needs.
Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Have stayed in a few buildings and because it is not a large resort area all buildings are fine howe...
1 Thank caymanbound26
Viancagraciano, Customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to know that in your 8th visit you had another fabulous time once again at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection. Also, we would like to thank you for acknowledging our clean and spacious rooms, the good food at the buffet and the excellent service providing by the staff.

I would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again and be able to repeat your fabulous experience at Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Punta Cana.

Edmundston, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I am a travel agent and am especially qualified in groups. We were a group of 53 and I had no complaints with anything.
The service was excellent all around the resort and I especially want to thank Roberto who went out of his way to please me. Loranny at guest services was the best when I emailed her my dinner reservations and room preferences. Not always easy to please a group but she did.
Since we were a group, we did get a good price and it was a very good one and would go back again for the same price.
Rooms: We like hard mattresses so we slept very well never heard any noise in the hallways. The room was always spotless and decorated on our anniversary and husbands birthday while we were there. Even got champagne and gifts and a birthday cake...nice touch. For me, I think all the rooms are very nicely situated and the resort itself is not too big if you stay at the Ambar but it is worth it to visit the whole complex.
Pools and Beach: No complaints there everything was more than 5*.
Food: For the complainers, you should either stay home or rent a condo so you can make your own. All the buffets and A La Carte Restaurants were more than excellent and met our expectations.
Didn't get to go at any of the nighttime activities but the Ambar had music most of the nights and it finished a perfect day in a quiet and relaxing way.
All in all, it was the best and has something for everyone. Thank you Ambar and keep doing what you do best. :-)
Best group vacation ever, hope to be back again soon.

Room Tip: Block 60 facing the pool. I had room 67301 and it faced the pool, saw the beach and the sunrise. Exc...
5 Thank gizmotibo
Dear Travel Agent,

For all our Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar team is gratifying to read that your entire group was very pleased with the services received from this resort. It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we could met your expectations and you consider us as the best Resort ever and you would definitely return to Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a dream in the Caribbean.

You are welcome to contact us again for next visit and be able to provide the most outstanding experiences.

Saginaw, MI
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I visited in late April to celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary. This was our third trip to Punta Cana and first visit to this resort. I echo those who recommend purchasing the tourist card online prior to departure and I also suggest that you take advantage of the porters who offer to help with your luggage at the airport. Those gentleman whisk you through the airport and get you onto the right transportation with no hassles. An easy, relaxed start to the trip is more than worth a $5 tip!

We emailed room and a la carte requests and let the resort know it was our anniversary about 10 days before our arrival. All requests were granted. We requested butler service upon check in and were escorted to our room by JeanCarlos, who was very helpful. When we arrived, our door was decked out with a banner and balloons. Inside we found more balloons, along with two t-shirts and a small bottle of rum. Good start! Almost every day we had another special delivery - a bottle of wine, champagne on ice, a yummy chocolate cake, a flower-festooned bubble bath waiting after a day at the beach...we were impressed!

The White Night Beach Party was the main feature on our arrival night - very worth seeking out if you happen to be there when it's scheduled. Far left end of the beach, facing the water, in front of the beach bar. Cool lighting and lots of music and tropical drinks. We enjoyed it.

We celebrated our anniversary with dinner at Don Pablo. It was good; not amazing. Almost all other meals during the week were at the lobby buffet or near the beach at the "snack bar" - which is a misnomer, since it's actually a pretty full buffet! I am a pretty good cook, so a few items were not quite up to my standards, but we always found something good to eat and never went hungry! It was fun to try unfamiliar foods and I loved the selection of cheeses available at virtually all meals. Desserts were good overall - the various ice creams were very good, and who doesn't love a chocolate fountain?

Service in the restaurants and buffets was very good overall; sometimes the wait for coffee or water was longer than I'd like, but really no big deal. The wine was drinkable and always flowing. I really liked the Sangria - but I think the red wine gave me a headache. Beverage service on the beach and by the pool was good.

Weather all week was fabulous and we never had trouble getting a chair at the beach - granted, not in the front row, but that was not important enough for us to worry about getting out before sunrise! We often spent part of the day by the pool, and were never concerned about availability. I enjoyed the aqua areobics with Jose a few times during the week. Afternoons by the pool were fun - be prepared for loud hip-hop/rap music - which I enjoyed, but is not everyone's cup of tea.

Room was very large and comfortable and always spotless; maid and mini bar service was great. Towels and linens were fine; toiletry items in the bathroom were plentiful. Shampoo was not the best and there was no conditioner so I would bring those items next time.

We spent an hour or so one morning visiting the shops in the Pueblo Principe - mostly souvenirs and trinkets; very little real shopping. We went to the one show for which there is a charge - the Caribbean Party. It was OK - we would not do it again. Tram service was easy and always available. Most nights we were so tired out from all the fun in the sun that we did not seek out much evening entertainment!

All in all the resort was great and we felt it was a bargain. We would definitely return to Ambar.

3 Thank BHOLLING
Dear client,

We feel so proud to read that you experienced a wonderful anniversary trip, thank you for choosing Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar for this especial occasion.

It is so great to know that you would definitely return to our premises and you enjoyed the decoration and special gift for your 23rd wedding anniversary.

Thank you for preferring Bahia Principe to enjoy an all-inclusive holiday as a couple with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was our third visit to Ambar, and as before, everything was great. We got the rooms requested on the ground floor, close to the pool and the beach. Our room this time was a corner room, so it was larger than our previous visits. The bathrooms are large and luxurious. The bed is comfortable and the patio was spacious. The food was great, especially the buffetts. Don Pablo was probably our favorite restaurant. We were able to eat there twice. The only restaurant we didn't enjoy was the Japanese. The overall service was great and all the staff was helpful. We would go and reserve our umbrella and chairs at the pool around 7:00 am with our towels so we could have some shade. We would definitely visit this resort again.....

Room Tip: I think we were in building 64.
1 Thank Great_Lakes_Gary
Dear client,

For all our Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar team it is a great compliment to know that you are a repeat vacationer to our resort. Also, we would like to thank you for mentioning the comfortable and large rooms, good food at the buffet and the friendly staff.

This is what is allowing us to make a difference in each guest experience and motivate us to continue striving towards excellence.

Enjoy an all-inclusive holiday with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts

Alliston, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Just returned home last night from Bahia Principe Ambar. We went with another couple,and after getting in late the first day we received the wrong rooms. Both were Handicap Rooms ,with fixtures on toilets and Showers for a Handicap people. They changed our rooms the next day. Resort is beautiful ,but to big. You need to shuttle to get to different areas. 90% of the a la carte have a buffet.The people in the Hotel are not as friendly ,as in other hotels we have been to. The hotel entertainment shuts down at 11 every night. Not very lively around pool . If you like quiet and retirement,this is the place to go.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Frank C
Dear Frank,

We appreciate that you take the time to send us your comments regarding your experience during your stay with us. Please allow us to clarify that despite the big size of our Resort, appropriate measures have been taken in order to ensure guest satisfaction and expected quality of each of our services.

We are sorry for not being able to fulfill your expectation in this time.

Best regards,

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Just returned from our third trip to the Ambar. We stayed from April 27 to May 11. Although we had a good time we felt it was missing something from our previous visits. We were going for our anniversary again and sent room request and dinner reservations in by email. Never got room or buildings requested and only received about half the dinners we requested. Had issues with the room one night, water supply line to toilet blew off resulting in a pretty good flood in our room, shut off valve seized so i couldnt shut water off, my wife had to go down to lobby as 2 phone calls fell on deaf ears. So here i am holding my hand over broken fitting for over half an hour before anyone came to room, finally my wife returned with one of the service desk girls from the lobby, it took another 15 mins before maintenance showed up, he couldn't shut water from valve so he left and shut it off from somewhere else, you can imagine how much water was in room by this time, this all started at 11pm and they had room mopped out at 2am, this might have ruined it for some people but i thought it was funny, you know the old saying s--t happens. What bothered us was no im sorry or anything special in the room the next day?.
Im an early riser so getting a good spot on the beach wasn't a problem. They have moved the Privilege Club( time share)beach to a part of the Amber section, security there were all over Amber guests who sat there but did absolutely nothing for our 2 weeks to remove people from other Bahai reorts or families with children who found a nice spot on the adults only section. It seamed like the Bahai was treating there time share clients way better and forgot about their other guests who make up about 99% of their clients. We still had a good time but we are rethinking about where to go for our Christmas vacay with our adult children and our annual spring vacay. Nelson, Lino and all the beach bar staff were great and Franklin who takes pride in his job on the beach was excellent once again.

Room Tip: There all good
6 Thank santaclause1234
socialmedia b, Customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear client,

We deeply regret the difficulties, which certainly doesn´t reflect our daily operation. We sincerely apologize for not being able to fulfill your expectations this time, but I would like to thank you because despite the inconveniences you had a good time and we really hope to welcome you again in any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Best regards,

Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville Don Pablo Collection
Hotel Riu Palace Macao
Hotel Riu Palace Macao
#43 of 111 in Punta Cana

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!