“Best All Inclusive ever been to - book now!”

Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #51 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed January 30, 2014

In the last 3 years we have visited 11 all inclusives in carribean/europe/africa and asia, this hotel is by far the BEST.
I want to mention the staff first of all, are fantastic with particular attention to Arcadi Juncosa who I understand is 2nd Manager (Should be 1st ,needs promoting) he manages by walking about and is approachable to staff and customers - EXELENTE!..
Other staff in particular Murphy, Marlene and Biannca drinks at pool fantastic service,Shikira waitress outside lobby at night fantastic, superb animation at ambar pool with special thanks to Rafael, Jose, Jackson, Kelly and Junior what a fantastic last day and night they gave us and friends we meet from Canada Pierre,Gaetan, and there beautiful wives. Also Elvis is King and Markos is the Best (swim up bar).

Food the best, especially Don Pablo (when you visit hotel email reservations for all 10 and lobster / gala night on Tuesday).

Rooms very good espailly corner rooms we were in 63208 fantastic.

Gardens and cleanliness fantastic.

Restaurant near pool at ambar fantastic, if they have not got what you want ask and they will help if possible.

NOTHING ELSE I CAN SAY OTHER THAN FANTASTIC,WILL BE BACK, AND FINALLY A SPECIAL THANKS TO YOU ALL.

Best Wishes to the Ambar Richard and Kim

I would like to give a special thanks to Chris and Marie and the dogs Sally and Herbie.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if possible, although all are supurb.
5  Thank richard h
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are glad to know that our friendly relaxed atmosphere allowed you to enjoy our facilities and natural beauty. Also, thank you for acknowledging our staff, who were always at your disposal to cater you every need or desire.

Please feel free to contact us directly once you have your next booking confirmation, in order to prepare all the details before arrival, and make your next stay the most unforgettable experience in the Caribbean.

All-inclusive luxury hotels on the Dominican Republic with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Overall, this an excellent resort. The Bahia at large is a huge property which offers something for every type of traveler. However, we as a couple, and our other "couple" friends prefer the Ambar (adults only), which is a little quieter and nicer. The Ambar beach is a little less crowded, and it sports it's own smaller scale, but wonderful, beach bar staffed by Kelvin, Lino, and Confesor (see pix). These three are both excellent bartenders, and great entertainers. The rooms and grounds are very comfortable and well-maintained. The food is really not appreciably different between all the site restaurants (although it's all very good); it really just gives the guests something to debate and argue about! We've traveled a good bit in the Caribbean, but never to the D.R. The Dominican people were a real treat--they are hard working, fun loving, and unfailingly attentive--overall the best staff we've encountered, whether in a direct customer service capacity or not. If you speak any Spanish, brush up as much as possible, and bring your skills with you -- you'd be surprised how much they will come in handy. If you are traveling with a group of six or more, try to decide ahead of time on your eating arrangements, make your reservations early, and stick with them. Even though you will notice all the restaurants are only about 50%-60% full (at peak season anyway) at any given time, it is inexplicably difficult to change your reservations, or to make them at all, less than 3 days in advance.

1  Thank buzymomx3
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel which we will take in the highest consideration. We sincerely appreciate all feedback.
It will be a pleasure to cater you once again to experience the Dominican spirit of its people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana.

Warm greetings,

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is by far the best vacation I ever had
From beginning to end, everyone wants to serve you and please you
Food was great, drinks were awesome
The adult section at the beach was very appreciated as many couples travel with their children in the other sections of the Gran Bahia Principe
We did not have to leave our section of the hotel, we had everything we needed
Definitely would love to go back!

3  Thank Michelle B
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Customer,

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen our Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection as your holiday destination. For all our team, it is rewarding to read that we were able to satisfied your demands with this great place that is our adults-only atmosphere. We are very proud that you can say that it was one of your best vacation.

We really would like to take this opportunity to invite you for your second stay at our hotel Ambar or at any of our All-inclusive Luxury Hotels in the Dominican Republic with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts

Regards from Punta Cana!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Last week my husband and I spent our honeymoon at the Bahia Principe Ambar. We absolutely loved the resort, beach, and staff. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Great options at the buffet for all meals, the staff there was always very welcoming and accommodating. Juan Lopez always had a big smile and was happy to chat and offer you a welcome drink at breakfast. The ocean is clear and the beach is very clean, however I would suggest going down early to get a good spot on the beach or by the pool, by 9:30 or 10, almost everything is already taken. There was always excellent service at the Beach bar, the bartenders were always in such a great mood. Kelvin was amazing as well as Lino and Confessor, they did a wonderful job at the bar. At the lobby bar, William (there was another bartender too but I forget his name) provided quick and great service. The food at this resort is very good and the grounds are kept very clean! The nice thing about the Ambar is that you have access to all the other sections of the resort however if you want somewhere quiet and relaxing you can head back to the Ambar section. The beach and pool is quite quiet and the music isn't really turned on until 4pm. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone.
Extra Tips:
Book your a la cartes early and don't be late for your reservations.
Bring money to tip.
Bring a reusable mug or cup (Bubba) to refill, the cups they provide are small plastic cups

Room Tip: Corner suites are very spacious! Great balcony too!
1  Thank Corbeans

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that your stay at our Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection was a complete "wow" experience.

Rest assured that we will be more than happy to welcome you again any time soon at any of our All-inclusive Luxury Hotels in the Dominican Republic with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts so that we can continue providing you and your friends the superb stay you all deserve.

Regards from Punta Cana!!!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I recently returned from the Ambar, it was our second stay at this hotel. We returned to the Ambar because we really enjoyed our first stay and find it very good value for the money. The hotel grounds are beautiful and clean. The rooms are very nice. The beach is beautiful and much quieter on the Ambar side of the resort. The staff are always very polite and helpful. The food is pretty good for an all inclusive.

We had a great week and then our vacation took a sour turn when leaving the hotel. We flew out at 9:30 pm on a Saturday. We asked for a late check out of our room but were denied. We are always careful with out belongings and keep everything of value in our safe locked in our room all week. We had the rest of the afternoon at the hotel and planned on spending it at the beach and swimming. We had to leave our luggage locked away at the front of the hotel. We left our cell phones and wallets hidden in our luggage and went to the beach. My husband and I both remember exactly where my cell phone was and we realized when we arrived at the airport that it was missing. The only time the bag had been out of our sights was in lockup at the hotel. My husbands wallet had obviously also been looked through but nothing taken (we had no money left in our wallets after tipping everyone at the hotel all week). My husband's blackberry was not stolen but it is an older model and the screen is all smashed up.

I have absolutely no doubt where my cell phone was stolen. My husband and I were really excited about this vacation and had saved up to be able to go away. It will cost me over $600 to replace my blackberry, which I cannot afford (back to an old borrowed phone until my contract is up in 2 years).

Losing my cell phone really ruined this vacation for me. I realize I should not have left it in lockup but I don't know what a better option would be. Do I take all my valuables to the beach to be stolen when I go for a swim? I think the hotel needs a better option for people who have late flights out of the hotel. Perhaps a personal safe in the locked luggage area? The hotels response was that they are not responsible for lost items when left in a public place, I did not understand that my luggage locked in the room was considered a public area. The hotel said they had checked the lost and found and could not find the phone and could not be of any more help.

I realize that this could have happened at any hotel but I hope that the hotel finds a better option to keep their guest's belongings safe. My advice is to not leave anything valuable with the front desk. Take everything with you, it will be safer on the beach! I have since heard that this is a common occurrence especially when you are departing the hotel. I have learned my lesson and I hope everyone reading this

I am planning a big family reunion down south for next year and had thought the Ambar would be a good option. Unfortunately, after their lack of concern for guest belongings we will be looking to book elsewhere.

6  Thank SammyGeorge2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to state that the feedback expressed by our clients is our top priority and our main goal is to offer a service at all times according to your expectations. We are sorry that the situation mentioned have tarnished your stay.
Please be assured that your comments have been taken in the highest consideration to their analysis.

We are glad to read that you find worth mention some aspects.

We really would like to have the opportunity welcome you and your family Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts for your family meeting; we will assure you that it will be the best stay ever please do contact us for anything you may need.

Warm greetings,

Reviewed January 28, 2014

One of the reasons a resort is outstanding is because of the people who work there.The Ambar has many excellent employees.Two stand out.
Kenia at Guest Services is one.She handled an off-site trip quickly and efficiently.She sent a fruit basket and T shirts to our room when she found we hadn't received them.During our stay my wife and I both had head colds.Kenia gave us a home remedy that helped quite a bit.In short she cares and it shows.That attitude will get her into management sooner rather than later.
Murphy,the bartender in the lobby bar,stands out as well.I was a bartender so I know what to look for in a good one.He hustles.Very important,especially with several people waiting.He knows what he is doing.Less common in a bartender than you might think.He is always busy even when there are no customers.I know. I watched.A good bartender is invaluable.

2  Thank Bob O

Dear Guest,

Posts such as yours delight us and gives us confidence to keep working hard to satisfy our customers and improve our service. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed such an amazing stay with brilliant treatment from our staff at our Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection.
We are already looking forward to welcoming you once again next year and continue creating memorable experiences for you at our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Just returned yesterday from the Gran Bahia Principe Ambar in Punta Cana and can really sum it up in one word AWESOME!
Everything from the grounds to the food to the fabulous staff was top notch. The servers really make you feel special. Understandably in an industry where tips are everything but they seem to enjoy what they do. Being greeted by Matis with "Ola Coca Cola" was great, Tarzun ran around the restaurant never missing a beat. We had one young Juan who made the best ever cinnamon coffee at the front of the buffett. Those were just a couple to mention but we honestly never came across any server who was not professional at their jobs.
The Guest Services people were great. Had one night where my husband wasn't feeling so good I asked the very smiley (forget her name) service woman if I could get a couple lemons for his tea and she went the step further and got honey and told me how to take care of him LOL. I mentioned to one that we were celebrating our 25th anniversary soon and our door and room were decorated. That along with the champagne that was brought to our room really was a great touch.
We met Antonio who was working with The Privilege Club. He was great answering our questions and gave us great tips and a lesson on Dominican culture. We feel we made a great friend and confirms what he said that the Dominican people are super friendly.

Overall this was a 10++++ experience for us. We will be returning for sure! We will recommend this resort to our friends.

Room Tip: Any rooms in the Ambar are great. It is a small section of a big complex
4  Thank DarleneBradford
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to know that we were able to meet your expectations, and it is wonderful to read that you considered us one of the best all-inclusive resorts you have done in Dominican Republic.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again and continue providing the greatest vacations.

Regards from the Caribbean!