“Great honeymoon!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Great honeymoon!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We just came back from our honeymoon and we had an amazing time. The resort grounds were impeccable, the attention and service was excellent and the food was good. We ate at don Pablo and el olivo, and the palmyra buffet. Great place to relax, and we loved that it was adults only, which made a such a great difference. We asked to be close to the beach and they definitely gave us a room in front of the pool and beach. We didn't had to walk much, because the restaurants were close by as well as the beach. Definitely we will came back!

4 Thank Elisa F
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Eliza,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed a great honeymoon thanks to our adults-only program, excellent service and good food.

It will be an honor you welcome you once again!

Your honeymoon in Punta Cana with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,633)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

What a disappointment.

You would Expect the Front Desk would be somewhat welcoming or friendly... we did not get either.

We were so excited to arrive to the hotel and tried to ignore the cold welcoming. We then approached a lady that was suppose to help us make reservations etc...

She expected us to know exactly where we wanted to go before hand. When I asked for options she gave a a sheet of paper with names....

Really??? how am I suppose to know the types of cuisine etc.

Then once we ask for restaurants she then tells us... "It's closed" So then I ask which options are available. She replied "Just keep guessing and I will let you know"

Then we received no guide to show us our room we had to go hunting and finally found it.

We thought perhaps it was just a rough day so we asked the same lady, where could we eat because we were starving.

She tells us go to the buffet.... we arrive they tell us its closed... to go to snack bar.... somewhere near beach... then they tell us is closed to go next door... wow never ate such cold food and lack of drinks....

Then another worker called Max approached us... he was the only one that showed some interest and said he noticed we seemed lost and uncomfortable... he then helped us out and we thought perhaps there's some hope.

The beach was wonderful and the buffet dinner was very delicious.

When it was time to go to bed... the bed was sooo stiff and the room hot. We tried to cool it down but it barely cooled. Around 2am we were still sweating in that hot box called a room. We called for help and were placed on hold for 30 min.

The next morning we left and had to find our own transportation to go to another hotel...

Was there a Apology or at least a person to help with our bags??? NO

7 Thank Rysanz
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you take the time to send us your comments which are very important for us.

In relation to your observations about our personnel, please allow us to inform you that your point of view has quite surprised us, since it is not usual that we receive those kinds of remarks from our clients, but on the contrary, we usually receive excellent feedback about their friendliness, attentiveness, and hospitality that characterize them as Dominican people. We are sorry for not being able to fulfill your expectations and we regret any unfortunate situation.

Kind regards,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

1. It is an adult only resort. I never understood the difference but this is amazing!! NO KIDS!
2. Amazing and fun staff - lots of entertainment and exercise opportunities (water aerobics/zumba)
3. The food was excellent - did not get sick and they have a lot of variety!
4. Rooms were very clean
5. Pools and beaches were amazing!

Would definitely come again. It was my first experience in the Dominican Republic and it was phenomenal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank christina N
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Christina,

We are pleased to learn that you had a phenomenal first experience in the Dominican Republic. Furthermore, it is wonderful to know that you enjoyed our adults-only program.

Rest assured that we are already looking forward to have you with us again in Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Punta Cana.

Kind greetings,

Liberty, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Bahia Principe Ambar to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We felt it was an amazing trip! The grounds were impeccable, service was excellent and food was fine. We like to travel to different locations every time, but will definitely look for a Bahia property because we know it will be a quality resort! Highly recommend this resort!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank stephenie12
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Stephenie,

We greatly appreciate you have selected Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts as your holiday destination. It is delightful to learn that you had an amazing trip and a great 25th wedding anniversary celebration.

We would be glad with your next visit and it will be an honor to continue providing the most memorable experiences.

Enjoy an all-inclusive holiday as a couple with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Kind greetings,

Springfield, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Me and my wife traveled to the Ambar from August 3rd to August 8th. This was our first all-inclusive trip. A week before the trip I e-mailed the resort to see if it were possible to get a room with a king-size bed, close to the beach/pool, and a room with a view. We got the king-size bed and a room close to the pool/beach. Didn't go out on the balcony so that didn't matter. We stayed in building 64 on the second floor. We didn't check into the hotel till late on August 3rd around midnight. When we arrived at the resort, we were told that unfortunately we arrived too late for the welcome drink(not really that upset since we were just wanting to go to bed). The room was decorated with balloons, and there was a fruit tray out for us(we didn't eat it because it had been out all day). The resort is kept completely spotless. We went to the beach almost everyday. One suggestion I would give you is to take a left when you get out to the beach. Just past The Privilege Club section, there is a section of chairs with umbrellas that no one goes to. It's very nice because there are no children in this area at all. Most of the people in this area are adults with their significant others. It was very relaxing. We found chairs in the first or second row every morning and we wouldn't be out there till 8 or 9. The beachfront was kept very clean. The pool was a lot of fun. Only real complaint was the lack of music during the day. Wait staff was great. Miguel at the bar was very funny. We tipped him to start off each day and he was there for us the rest of the trip. Food was excellent. We went to this resort with someone telling us that the food made them sick. We had bought Imodium for the trip. It proved to be completely unnecessary because the food was so good. I see a lot of people complaining about the buffet food being cold, but we didn't run into that at all. We had reservations at The Don Pablo, the Mediterranean restaurant, and the Italian restaurant. I will say that the filet mignon at the Don Pablo and the steak and cod at the Mediterranean were some of the best meals I've had. A couple of suggestions for travelers there. The wifi in the lobby is pretty slow. You can use it to check your e-mail or check facebook. That's about it. We tried many times to send pictures to family back home with little success. The lobby is also completely open and not air conditioned. Be sure to have an extra key to the room and put it in the slot in the room so the air conditioning keeps working when you're not in there. It makes a huge difference to have a cool room to return to after spending the day at the beach or pool. Also don't open the balcony/porch door much because each time you do, the air conditioning is turned off. It was an amazing time for me and my wife. I will also say the language barrier isn't that bad. Many of the workers are very grateful for any tip and are always willing to help you out in whatever way possible. The one thing I would advise you on is the airport. The customs areas are not air conditioned. You will wait in line for quite a while. When leaving Punta Cana, be prepared to wait in line many times before getting to your gate. Security is a pain to get through. You feel like you need to take a shower after getting through security and customs.

8 Thank Tommy C
Dear Tommy,

It is an honor to know that you had an amazing time during your first all-inclusive trip. At Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts our goal is to make your vacation become a great experience.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to cater you back again.

Your honeymoon in Punta Cana with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Yours sincerely,

Bowie, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I must first start by saying, what some call "luxury" and "nice" and "great" is left up to interpretation of the reader and an individual travelers level of swank. I booked this resort because I read all of these "wonderful" reviews. Along with a few other resources, this resort seemed be a good bet for our first trip to Punta Cana. Yeah, no.

The food was so under average. With the exception of maybe 2 or 3 items on the buffet, I'm still amazed that this many people are ok with underseasoned, overcooked food. My husband thought because they have to produce so much of it for so many people, quantity over quality he assumed took priority. I've been in other resorts/hotels that were large in size and I never felt like the quality was sacrificed. It was just ok.

My room...the first one, was so close to the lobby it was noisy and most important, smelled of wet rag. I went to the front desk to request a room change within the first 10 minutes of our stay. The guy Alex said that he'd send someone to my room to make sure it was ok to switch us. 15 minutes later a non english speaking lady showed up with an industrial size bottle of Febreeze and just started spraying not saying a word. She looked at me when she was finished with the biggest smile. Bless her heart. Let's not forget to mention the hand print on the headboard. I was so disturbed. For no explainable reason, we didn't get a room change until the following day. I was so tired and groggy from the saxophonist playing into the night, just unreal.

The second room looked and smelled better but the laughable mini bar had half drank beverages in it. The blow dryer still had someone else's hair in it....I just overall felt like perhaps the weren't cleaning the rooms properly and my entire trip I felt like I wanted to just keep my shoes on and sleep on top of the covers.

The grounds were very very nice and well maintained. The pool was nice. Now the Ambar is adults only, but the beach in front of it is not. I feel like the whole "adults only" thing was put out there under false pretense. If you went anywhere outside of the Ambar there are kids and families everywhere. It's chaotic. This resort seemed to not have any sense of organization and I felt like I had to guess at everything. How to get to my room? What bellboy?? Where is building? My husband said the gym equipment had rust on it. The beds and pillows were hard. I'm not use to any of that.

We did do the timeshare presentation where they showed us the Priveledge Club. LOL exact same room, except the halls had carpet and smelled like pee. *shrug* Needless to say we did not sign up for that.

Overall I think I am in NO hurry to return to the DR OR this resort. I know luxury when I see it and this resort just simply put the word in their name without being able to back it up. Major disappointment. I would advise to ignore the value of the all inclusive and pick a better rated establishment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the pool, they seem to be updated.
5 Thank Asia T
Dear Asia,

We appreciate that you take the time to send us your comments regarding your experience during your last stay with us. We are really sorry for not being able to fulfill your expectations with our services.

We hope you could consider to give us the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at Bahia Principe Ambar last year and decided to come back this year with the extended family and we were even more impressed with the service and the facilities this year. We will certainly consider coming back in the near future

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Mike O
Dear Mike,

Thank you for choosing once again our Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection as your holiday destination and we are so proud to hear that this year you were even more impressed with our services and facilities.

We are already looking forward to have you with us again.

All-inclusive luxury hotels in Punta Cana with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Hotel Riu Palace Macao
Hotel Riu Palace Macao
#37 of 110 in Punta Cana
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,613 reviews

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!