“Amazing cleanliness, great food and over-friendly staff!!”

Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #50 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Amazing cleanliness, great food and over-friendly staff!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Gran Bahia Ambar for a week and everything was so clean! From scrubbing the floor to wiping the moldings, the hotel was spotless! There was a wide variety of "a la carte" restaurants which you have to reserve in advance. I tried the Don Pablo restaurant but I did not think it was THAT amazing. The portion was small and the taste was just ok. The staff inside the restaurants, the maids and the reception were authentically friendly. However, the staff in the lobby were a little annoying. Everyday I've got someone who comes over to tell me "hey, I saw you yesterday and I told you to come back this morning for a free spa or a free tour"! They obviously work by commission! Overall, the stay was very pleasant and I would definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Restofood_review
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad you find worth to highlight our authentically friendly staff, amazing cleanliness, and great food.

We thank you for taking the time of sharing your opinion with us which we will take in the highest consideration.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Kind greetings,

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,731)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
maryland
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My review is very late but I am sure this place is still just as awesome as it was last summer. The rooms were great, pool and beaches were great, food was average. My husband and I were there celebrating our anniversary and everything about this hotel was perfect, no complaints. I will mention (as others have) the resort is huge and can be a little tricky to navigate.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank beachgirl31
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read that everything in Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection was perfect for a memorable anniversary and just enough to create and awesome vacation.

We hope you will be willing to give us the opportunity to welcome you once again to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in Punta Cana.

Best regards,

Crestwood, Kentucky
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Beautiful upscale resort compared to the principe and Bavaro. adults only so quiet and relaxing. food was wonderful, beach was spectacular- soft and powdery. I am ready to go back. If I took my kids I would recommend staying at the Esmeralda which was very nice as well. You can go to all of the resorts but we didn't see the need after we strolled around the first day. My only complaint was the chair game with having to get up early to stake claim on a chair with your towel.... We have stayed at Gran Bahia several times in Cancun so the service in Punta Cana may not be as catering, but the beach and water made up for it!!

Room Tip: Any room would be recommended but recommend 3rd floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aelsbury
Dear Client,

We greatly appreciate you have taken the time to post a review. All your observations have been treated with great consideration.

Rest assured that we are already looking forward to have you with us again in Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in Punta Cana.

Kind regards,

toronto
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Very nice relaxing hotel, services was good, very friendly always smiling servers.Cleaners did a great job with cleaning our room in block 68, good location to the beach and pool, didn't get a corner room like we requested, but thats ok because the room was still good.We did get all our reservations, so that was nice. Food was good but found a lot of the meat was dry and rubbery, i did not like the lobster, but you will always find something to eat, the desert was good as well, to each their own i guess. Ended up with some sort of virus... which i'm still suffering with, even though i was careful, never used the water even brushed my teeth with bottled water. I did suffer stomach pain during the trip but since i brought alka seltzer, immodium pepto bismol, it was manageable. lots of mosquitos at night, which are hard to see, i got bit a lot the first night because i didn't use spray and mosquitos seem to love me. I brought deep woods off and used it from then on and didn't have a problem after that. Nightly shows were good and we did the outback safari excursion which was definitely a must, bought some coconut oil and cocoa which is cheaper than the hotel. if you walk to the venders down the beach where you will find souvenirs cheaper than the hotel prices but is kind of a far walk. All in all the hotel was a good choice for some much needed r and r, probably won't return because we like going to different places.

3 Thank bluehawiians
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention your comments regarding your last stay in Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection. It is great to learn that you could enjoy a relaxing stay together with us.

It will be a pleasure to cater you once again in any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels for your holidays in the Dominican Republic.

Warm greetings,

Cumnock
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was our first time at this resort in the Ambar which was an adults only part of the complex. It certainly won't be the last. We flew with Thomson and that was the start of what ended up a superb holiday. The leg room on the flight was the best we have experienced on any airline. We stayed in the all inclusive resort for two weeks from the 19th of June till the 3rd of July in the Gran Bahia Principe Ambar. Difficult to know where to start with this resort as we didn't have anything negative to say about it. When we landed in Punta Cana the First Choice rep handed us the keys to our room to save us the time checking in when we arrived at the hotel. On arrival at the hotel we were taken straight to our room and we were not disappointed with it. The room was huge with a massive four poster bed and shower room. All extras ie safe,iron, ironing board,television,slippers,dressing gowns,umbrella,mini bar and toiletries were all included in the price. The rooms were spotless and were cleaned every day any toiletries that had been used were replaced as were any drinks used from the mini bar. Pool towels were also included and could be exchanged at the pool every day. The grounds were immaculate and were looked after by an army of workers. The food choice was extensive and was a work of art the way it was laid out. There was everything from on offer from caviar, lobster, steaks to the humble hamburger and chips. The menus were changed daily and always had something to suit everyone. Entertainment was provided daily at the pool and in the various parts of the complex daily and nightly. There are numerous restaurants around the complex that offer a variety of different food such as Italian,Mexican and Japanese. The private beaches are also kept spotless with cleaners on them every day right down to clearing the small amounts of seaweed from the powder white sand. The pools all have unlimited drinks served at them throughout the day with the Ambar having a swim up bar. There are many excursions on offer for people who like to see outwith the complex. We chose the Outback safari which gave an insight into how the people lived and worked in the Dominican and also the Carribean cruising day out on Saona island. This was a trip not to be missed. The Dominican is a poor country and that is reflected in the way the people live outwith the complexes. The Dominican people are one of the friendliest races of people i have ever met and go out their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. All in this was one of the best value for money holidays that we have been on and we will certainly be back at some point. Everything you would want or need is available in this complex.

3 Thank Jock S
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Jock,

We are very pleased that we were able to meet your expectations. This is what is allowing us to make a difference in each guest experience and motivate us to continue striving towards excellence.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to welcoming you once again!

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana.

Kind regards,

Northport, New York
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The resort is stunningly beautiful. The beach and pool was amazing, with plenty of chairs available.

If you truly enjoy quality food, like we do from New York, you will be miserable. The quality level at the buffet and all specialty restaurants is so low that we couldn't eat. Unlike other islands like Cancun, we were trapped, as there was no alternate place to eat.

The only red wine that was included was intolerable.

The service was relatively friendly but inefficient. There was no pride at this resort.

The rooms were nice.

4 Thank Adam P
Dear Adam,

We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention your comments regarding your last stay with us.

Regarding your comments about the quality of our food, we would like to point out that our menus are composed by carefully selected products, and done taking into consideration the diversity of our guests. Indeed, our satisfaction’s questionnaires always reflect high punctuations.

Once more we regret your negative perception in some aspects, but we look forward to welcome you very soon in our Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection.

Best regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in February and enjoyed the stay, but there were definitely a few glitches...

My flight landed on time but I had a very long wait on the transfer bus, a long ride to the Bavaro, then a confusing transfer to the Ambar. By the time I arrived at the hotel I had wasted much time, then the check-in was very painful. (From the time we landed in the DR to the time we actually walked into our room, it was over 4 hours!!) We were herded to another room on our arrival to the Ambar, to be told some hotel rules and to fill out a check-in form that easily could have been filled out on the bus coming to the hotel, like other resorts have done. Once we had filled out forms we then had to scramble to get back into another long line at the main desk. Our rooms were not ready until 4 p.m., which made for more stress at the beginning of our holiday.

Several days before leaving on this holiday I emailed AND called the Ambar resort to state my room and restaurant preferences, to ensure that I would get a room near the pool and beach, and that my dinners were already set up. However, when I was checking in, all my requests had been totally ignored.

First I dealt with the room and showed my email to prove that I had requested many days before. After much fuss, the manager did finally give us an OK room the next day that at least was relatively close to the pool, but had a terrible view. However, that episode was annoying and was not a good start to our holiday.

At check-in, after dealing with the room disappointment, I had to wait in another long line up at guest services to sort out the dinner issues. Although we finally did manage to reschedule our dinners at rataurants that we enjoyrd, this whole problem could have been easily avoided if they had just honoured my original resuests, and it made for a very stressful and annoying start to my holiday.

Having said all these negative things, once our check-in issues had been resolved, our holiday was quite enjoyable. The food was delicious, all staff were friendly and helpful, and the grounds were beautiful. The beach was clean and lovely, and I really enjoyed the gorgeous, huge pool and aquafit classes.

So, the trip was wonderful, but unfortunately, the check-in issues would probably deter me from returning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing into our attention your observations. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection.

We hope to have another opportunity and honor us with your visit in order to change any negative perception about our services.

Kindest regards,

Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection
Hotel Riu Palace Macao
Hotel Riu Palace Macao
#44 of 112 in Punta Cana

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!