Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #50 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
mississauga
“what a holiday”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

our 12th time at this Bahia we will be back in september. It was my mother inlaws 90th birthday this visit (may 10th to 17th) and they went all out for her, they treated her like a queen every aspect of this resort is absolutely top notch the management and staff are great and so accomodating. Our 2 favourite girls in the buffet Anna & Anpara have looked after us for the last six visits they are wonderful girls and we concider them along with Anna in the front desk and Christian our dominican family we soo appreciate all they have done for us over the years. The rooms are great the food is great the resort is so well taken care of, everybody is busy every minute of the day to make you stay a wonderful experience GOOD JOB TO YOU ALL!!!! we will be back in september see you all then

Graham hitchen and cherie richardson

Room Tip: building 60, 61 and 62 are the best buildings and closest to the pool and beach area
6 Thank graham h
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Graham and Cherie,

Posts such as yours motivate us to continue striving towards excellence. It is thanks to guests like you, that our Company has reached the success and gained prestige through the last years.

Please be assured that it is a great compliment for us to forward such wonderful comments to all our staff. It is a pleasure to hear that your mother in law 90th birthday was a memorable experience.

Looking forward for your 13th visit in September!

Kind regards,

Grand Bahía Príncipe Bávaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,729)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Just came back from my trip to DR, Bahia Principe Ambar hotel and can definitely say that it's a gorgeous place to visit and to spend a week or two.
Beach - just amazing, lot of loungers, never had a problem to find something in the first or second line. Water was just perfect, warm and clean.
The room was spacious and immaculately clean, as well as the whole territory of the resort. If you don't like people staring in your window and the noise from the cleaning staff - I advise to take a room on the second or third floor. Some folks are mentioning the stairs - couple of extra steps won't make a difference and you get extra privacy and quietness. What I didn't like is the fact that we were offered a room in the farther building from the pool with two beds, and it took some "efforts" to "persuade" the reception to change it. I advise to ask the room in the building 67 or 64 which are closest to the pool and the beach.
Pool - good pool, but honestly I don't get the idea of going to Dominican Republic to spend all the time at the pool but not at the beach, where you can enjoy the beautiful ocean view, breeze and water. Only my humble opinion.
Staff - service was really good. All the stuff is working really hard to make your vacation great and always smiling. We always left a dollar or two at the buffet, bar and for the room service.
Food - for the people that say the food was okay, I really don't have a clue what is more than okay then.. The food was great, at least at the Palmira buffet, where we ate almost all of the time. The food, staff and service were just amazing. The variety ofmthenfood was also very good, each evening they had something new. We were able to book only two a-la-carts: Don Pablo and the Grill beach restaurant and I can tell that the buffet would have been a better choice. In these places the food was not bad, nothing special though.

Overall it was an amazing trip to a beautiful place. We'd like to go back sometime, Ambar is a very nice place to spen your vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for building 67 or 64, better second or third floor. Corner rooms are larger and have better vie...
5 Thank Vitali S
Dear Vitali,

It is a pleasure to read that you have had the best vacation and to know that you enjoyed of our spacious room, good pool, pleasing service, and great buffet food. It is an honor for all of us to hear that we were able to fulfill your expectations

We hope to cater you in the near future in our premises to provide you an amazing trip in the Dominican Republic.

Always at your disposal,

NY
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed her for 5 days from May and we had a really good time.

Grounds:
The gardens, pool, the lobby, the walkways, etc all were SPOTLESS and well maintained.

ROOM:
We stayed in building 69 in a corner room on the 3rd floor and it was HUGE. The rooms are kept very clean and serviced twice a day. We would agree that the AC was not as powerful as we would have liked but we were able to deal with it fine.

POOL/BEACH:
As the others have stated, if you want a shaded pool area you will have to get there early. I had no problems finding chairs but they were in the sun and I just moved over to the beach where there were plenty of shady areas with available chairs.
DRINKS:
REALLY GOOD. I am not a drinker but I was surely taking full advantage of the AI. The drinks were not watered down, always cold, and delicious.

FOOD:
We always found something good to eat at the buffets and the poolside restaurants. Everything was pretty tasty. Although I do agree that specialty restaurants were not great. We made reservations at at the TANAKA Japanese restaurant and we called to try to change them to a later time and the guy at guest services LAUGHED at me. He said are you kidding? We cant change the reservations for the SAME DAY.... He did not even check to see if there were available times. Well we get there and the place was a ghost town (well past the time we wanted to change our reservation to). That was annoying. The food was not great there and I would definitely skip it next time. OLIVO - was supposed to be mediterranean food. I had a skirt steak (which was cooked well) but they poured BBQ sauce all over it (regular ole BBQ sauce). Don Pablo was the best of the 3 tried. I had lobster and my hubby had the lamb which was delis. The banana flambay dessert was excellent too. When we go back I will definitely reserve Don Pablo a few nights ;)

STAFF: I travel a a lot and I can honestly say the staff at the AMBAR go above and beyond to make you feel welcome ad taken care of. I was always asked if I needed anything, greeted with a warm smile, and treated really well. I did not feel pressured to to tip (which we did) and did not experience any pushy sales representatives.

I will definitely go back to the AMBAR and recommend it to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Corner 3rd Floor rooms are larger
4 Thank maddie234
Dear Maddie,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your comments about your stay in our Hotel. It is through communications of this nature that our customers give us an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance.

We have shared your positive comments with our team working and they are delighted to know that their great service and hospitality are appreciated.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon at our Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed May 23, 2013

As indicated by others, this all inclusive hotel is adult only and located near the beach. It is very very clean and well maintained. The weather was nice, the drinks were plentiful and the food good. There was a bit of a mix up with the a la cartes but it got worked out. The service was friendly and good except at the pool bar when we were there; so different than the rest of the resort that it was glaring. I would stay away from the market if I were you. I don't mind bartering but those vendors were largely rude, obnoxious and treat you as if you are stupid. Not fun. The Catalina Chavon excursion was well worth the money and a full day of fun. I highly recommend it.I would definitely return to this resort again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jackie M
Dear Jackie,

We are very pleased you enjoyed the all-inclusive program with our plentiful drinks, good food, and friendly service, accompanied by the nice weather.

At Bahia Principe our goal is to make your vacation become an unforgettable experience. It is wonderful to know that you are considering coming back to our Resort.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is one of those hotels which you cannot fault on any level... I was pleasantly surprised to find that they think of everything! The rooms are remarkably clean, spacious and luxurious... We had a double room and had two four poster double beds! Just amazing!! The bathroom was clean, modern and spacious including a jacuzzi as well as a shower.

The customer service and satisfaction is fabulous... All members of staff go out of their way to help you out whatever your query or whenever you need assistance from the bellboys, front of house reception to the maids. WEveryone is soooo friendly and pleasant. A big massive thank you goes out to the Guest Services Team who helped us out bookings, dinner reservations, helpful information on local amenities and general advice on night life. In particular Tomas Newton was just FABULOUS!!! He went above and beyond his way to help us out and cater to our queries and address our concerns. He always had a smile on his face and always did his absolute best to resolve your issue no matter how big or small. A true professional and a big credit to the team.

The beach and the various swimming pools are withing easy access of the rooms and are just beautiful. There is a dedicated are of the beach just for Ambar members as well as swimming pool within the resort for Ambar members which makes the stay in this hotel definitely worth the price. But you still have access to the remainder of the resort if you wish to venture out.

We will most definitely be returning back here... We absolutely loved our time here and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank RoyalLegalty
Dear Guest,

For all our team it is an honor to read that you were pleasantly surprised with our fabulous customer service. Tomas, who went above and beyond to help you, will appreciate your positive comments. He will be enchanted to hear that he made a difference in your stay.

Thank you for recommending us and rest assured that it will be a pleasure to cater you once again in heaven.

Kind regards,

Hanover, Maryland
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our only regret is that we did not book a longer trip. Everything was wonderful--we will be returning! The service was wonderful--be sure to tip the staff--they work so hard and are so accommodating. The Ambar is perfect for rest and relaxation--quiet and peaceful--no kids and no craziness. The beach is amazing and the resort is clean. You can visit the other resorts within the complex for shopping and entertainment and have the serenity of calm beautiful surroundings at Ambar.

Room Tip: 3 story villas--no elevators for those that need them but that is okay if you do not need an elevato...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank karabellaj
Dear Client,

We do not know how to thank you for this kind of comments. Posts such as yours delight us and gives us confidence to keep working hard to satisfy our customers and improve our service.

Please feel free to contact us for your next stay in order to prepare all the details before arrival, and make your next visit the most unforgettable experience in the Caribbean.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Greetings from the Dominican Republic,

Virginia
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was here May 14-18. Customer service was amazing. The room was clean and spacious. Excellent property, great location, grounds are well maintained.

HOWEVER, I booked this property specifically because it was advertised as Adults Only. Every time I went to the beach there were several children. Although signs were posted to indicate that it is adults only, no one was enforcing it. Also, signs were posted that said "no topless" and i saw at least three bare-chested women during my short visit.

As I was sitting on the patio of Villa 63, a groundskeeper offered me a coconut. I accepted it, then he told me it was $5. I was just thinking, "you're already getting paid to maintain the ground. part of that is knocking down the coconuts, and you're going to charge me for something you're already getting paid to do?" I initially refused, but he continued to hover around the patio. I paid him so he would go away.

If you are a young couple (late 20s or early 30s), this probably isn't the place for you. It's advertised as adults only, but it's closer to "senior living." A gentleman's pacemaker went off during breakfast one day.

I couldn't walk through the lobby without them advertising their VIP package tour, a sort of loyalty package. I finally accepted on one day while it was raining. They insisted that it was not a timeshare tour. It was ABSOLUTELY a timeshare tour.

The spa was very nice. We got a couples massage there.

Buffet was less than average to me, but I am very Americanized. My companion became very sick and was unable to eat for two days. It turns out he had gastroenteritis. Just as he got over it, I got it. Very miserable virus.

This place was just not a good fit for us, but like I said customer service and grounds were great!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if you can get one, they have more space. My Villa was close to the lobby, wh...
1 Thank Tiffani S
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Tiffani,

We apologize if you felt you did not receive the service you were entitled to. We deeply regret any difficulties and we are sorry for not being able to fulfill your expectations.

Thank you for highlighting our amazing customer service, clean room, excellent property, great location, well maintained grounds, and nice spa.

It’s our sincere hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future in any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts in Dominican Republic, Mexico, Jamaica or Spain, and be able to change any negative perception you may have about us.

Kindest regards,

Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda Don Pablo Collection
Hotel Riu Palace Macao
Hotel Riu Palace Macao
#44 of 112 in Punta Cana

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!