With all the snow here in Canada, getting off the plane in Punta Cana to feel the warmth of the sun was a dream in itself!! The only thing missing was my Starbucks at the airport to greet me but hey, nothing's perfect....so here's the scoop for all you sun worshippers:
- When getting off the plane, ignore everyone except your Tour Representative. The rest will try to sell you Time Shares.
- Put your bathing suits in your carry on. The check-in could be long if you arrive in the afternoon as check in is 3pm. Don't get upset...remove your sweats and get out in the sun.
- Great food, good wine and the hot sun...what else can you ask for? Reserve the Don Pablo for dinner. Better wine and prime rib melts in your mouth..fabulosity and I'm not even a meat lover.
***Main buffet - great selection of everything and even healthy alternatives. Grilled fish, chicken, salads. Yes, burgers/fries are there too for those who just can't part with it-:( Great chef at the grill in the main buffet -- always had fresh grilled calamari galore for me-:).Theme nights at buffet, lobster night on Thursdays -- skip lunch -- honestly!! Red wine @ buffet is to wash your clothes with, but white wine is a little better. Other a la carte restaurants is just for the dining experience...not for the food but better wine. Just dress up and enjoy the pampering...
- Spa - we make use of Spa facilities at all resorts we go to. But disappointed here -- we decided on the 60 min "Bahaia Principe" massage. Girl had rough hands and could've tried smiling. No pressure from her hands just a lot of oil...expensive disappointment. Try the Spa at the Esmeralda.
-Beach - if you want front seat by the ocean to watch all the speedos go by, then get up early and put your towels on the chair. Otherwise, there's always chairs somewhere...unless you're travelling with a posse....
-Rooms - clean, spotless...immaculate - try to get corner room!! Large and roomy.
-Tipping helps although not necessary, good service still received. More of goodwill as they earn very little...you'll go to heaven!!
-Disappointed at the premium drinks not being available often saying they "ran out"...really?
-Wi-fi was on and off..if you can turn yourself off for a few days...not a disappointment.
-Adult resort - quiet, comfortable,very relaxing for those who have busy, busy scheds...
-Overall fabulous due to cleanliness from landscaping to the washrooms facilities, to your rooms, restaurants...I hardly ever give a perfect score...but cleanliness in this resort came very close...although no cigar_:(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pool Sun terrace with sun umbrellas and loungers Relaxation zone with Bali beds Outdoor Jacuzzi BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised water sports (additionalcharge) WiFi access in the lobby (free) and in rooms (free) Entertainment amphitheatre Wedding gazebo 1 buffetrestaurant 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars 1 snack- bar Gazebo de bodas Smokers' lounge with bar service (cigar menu with additional charge) Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club, designed by Nick Price (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco and casino. Rooms 528 Deluxe Junior Suites Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Ceiling fan Air conditioning Sitting area with sofa Terrace Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub and separate shower, hair dryer Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making machine Minibar Safe Butler service 24 hour room service Evening turndown service Pillow menu 2 disabled rooms for a maximum of 3 adults Prime location right on the sea front Exclusive lake-style pool Aroma menu WiFi (free) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Prestigia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Ambar Hotel Punta Cana