Barcelo Bavaro Palace(Bavaro)
$345
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$475
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$332
$355
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$182
$463
$143
Official Site
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$218
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$282
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$258
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$143
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

10,976 results
All reviewsdon pablocorner roompalmyra buffeta la carte restaurantsel olivioguest servicesgarden grillother resortslobby barprivilege clubtowel gameroom requestdinner reservationslobsteradults only sectionbavaro sectiont shirts
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at the Ambar form 3/24-3/30 with my hustband and another couple, all is our early 30's.
Rooms:
Definitely contact the hotel ahead of time if you care about where your room is. We did not and ended up in bldg 72 with 2 double beds. I didnt like the quality of the bedding or the overall feel of the room. Not great but we didnt let it get us down.
Food: The food was good and plentiful. The Palmyra was by far the best buffet at the Ambar. We ate at El Pescador, Garden Grill, Mexican, and Italian. All were good but not much different from the buffet.
Drinks: Everything was plentiful! The pool and beach service could have been a little better but it was pretty crowded.

Overall: We had a great time and you can find lots of things to do if you venture to the other resorts (shopping, club, casino),.The Ambar is much more low key than the other pools and bars. The staff was great and the grounds were beautiful.

Room Tip: Request a room by the pool, I think 60-62 ahead of time. Also request a king bed or double beds ahead of time if you have a preference.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank noel22_10
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Noel,

We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention your comments about your stay in our Hotel. All feedback from our guests is valued to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from us.

We would like to cater you once again at Dominican Republic to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Ambar from March 5th - 12th. Though the weather wasn't the best, the Ambar was amazing. We found the Ambar peaceful and beautiful, and when we felt like watching a show or a more livelier atmosphere, we walked over to the other sections of the resort.
Lobby: beautiful lobby, soft music, coffee/tea and cookies while you are waiting for your room, helpful and smiling staff
Food at the restaurants and the buffet: wonderful! The food at the buffet is just as delicious as at the restaurants.
Room: beautiful, spacious, beds with comfortable mattresses, scented pillows, etc.
Grounds: beautifully kept
Beach: clean, beautiful fine sand, clear turquoise water,
We left little surprises for our maid who cleaned our room every day. We also gave gum and caps to the gardeners and the workers on the beach, who rarely receive anything from the guests. At the end of our stay, we gathered all of our body products and handed them out to the waitresses and waiters at the buffet. A little sign of kindness and respect goes a long way.
One final point, I have alot of food allergies, so it has always been a concern for me, but I can reassure you that I have been to this resort 4 times and I have never been sick.
I have been to many beautiful hotels and the Ambar is at the top of my list!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank magnoliachicoutimi

Dear Magnolia,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor and for mentioning our beautiful lobby, wonderful food, spacious rooms, beautifully kept grounds, and clean beach. We are very pleased that we were able to meet your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you for a 5th visit and provide you another holiday in paradise!

Warm greetings,

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Ambar from March 27th-31st. This was a first time for both of us at an all-inclusive and in the Dominican Republic.

From the moment we arrived, we swore everyone at the resort had a halo on! Everyone was so nice and accomodating, we felt like queens! From the welcome cocktail, to one of our favorite staff members, Manuel, who helped us with our Don Pablo dinner reservation, we felt so privileged! Shout out to Johanni who was the BEST bellboy you could ask for. He showed us to our AMAZING room and carried out bags. He later would personally shuttle us to the other resorts for activities. The hotel grounds are just as everyone else says, BEAUTIFUL. They have people working so hard to make sure this property is spotless and well manicured. The room did not have a speck of dirt, and was everything you could ask for. It included two robes and room service, which was always on time and tasted very good. The mini bar was also always stocked with sodas, waters, and small bottles of alcohol.

The pool is just gorgeous. Finding chairs is a bit hard towards the middle to end of the day, but that didn't matter to us. We spent most of our time at the pool bar with YUNIOR! Yunior was by far, our FAVORITE staff member. We would sit and chat with him for hours and he made such yummy drinks. Always singing, dancing, and had a smile on his face. The pool is very relaxing, since there aren't as many people as the others and no kids, yet they still offer music and entertainment, such as zumba, bingo, and a piaya cooking lesson!

The beach on the Ambar side is by far the nicest out of every resort around (we walked about an hour up the coast and viewed the other properties) Carribbean teal water and fine soft white sand = heaven!

The resort is quite large, but as others have said the trains will take you anywhere you need to go. The food was great at the buffets and ala cart restaurants. I would DEFINITELY recommend the Japanese Hibachi restaurant. There is no "show" like in American hibachi's, but the food is EXCELLENT. And a HUGE shout out to MIGUEL the MAGICAL OMELET MAKER in the Ambar breakfast buffet. The omlets he made were the best way to start the day!

We saw two shows - the Circus and the Grammy's at the Theater. Both VERY entertaining and worth going to see. The Karokee bar was fun if you like to sing and dance to American music, although certain times of the night attract many 16-19 year olds.

Overall, the Ambar made you feel like you were royality. Please do NOT listen to the bad reviews. We did not meet ONE staff member that was rude or did not greet us with a smile (Yeyson made sure of that, by always asking how our stay was going. He was very concerned that the hotel was everything we hoped it would be). Everyone went above and beyond to make this trip memorable. Thanks so much to everyone at the Ambar :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank JeanetteP86

Dear Jeanette,

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen our Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar as your first all-inclusive experience in the Dominican Republic. It is an honor to know that our entire team working, especially Johanni, Yunior, Miguel, and Yeyson, went above and beyond to make your trip memorable.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again to continue providing you royal experiences.

Regards from the Caribbean!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was my husband's and my second trip to Punta Cana. First time to this resort. We traveled with my sister and her husband (their first time to Punta Cana ). We are all in the 50's age range and stayed from March 17 to the 24th in the adults only resort. I cannot find anything negative to say about the Ambar other than time flies too quickly while we were there. The resort is beautiful with well laid out and groomed grounds, beach, and pool. Everything was well cared for and clean. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with wonderful maid service. The food was excellent with many options to choose from. We traveled thru Apple vacations and from the moment we stepped off the plane and transported to the resort, we were given the red carpet treatment. JORGE, our concierge, greeted us upon arrival. He took us aside, seated us on a comfortable couch, while he checked us in. He had already made dinner reservations for us on our behalf and personally escorted us to our rooms. He was at our fingertips if we needed any further assistance. We were so impressed from arrival to departure when he came to bid us farewell. Most of our time was spent either poolside or beach side. We cannot say enough wonderful things about our bartender MARCOS GARCIA who we got to know well while we refreshed ourselves at the swim up bar. (Please, anyone going there in the near future pass on a hello from Lyn and Maria as he was our favorite!). The two servers, BIANCA, and DESIREE always made sure our cups were filled and always served with a smile and a laugh. ( TIP: we made sure to TIP our service staff with $1 bills throughout the day as they made sure we were well taken care of).
So previous reviews complained about pool/beach chairs being held. Yep..that is going to happen ANYWHERE you go. Get over it. Get up early and grab your chairs. My husband was in ours at 7:15 every morning. The only chairs that were already "saved" were the ones under the tiki huts but we didn't want those anyways. You can't arrive at noon and expect a chair. People complained about food...Go back home then. If you can't find something you like you shouldn't leave home. The chicken on the buffet daily was fabulous. The chips and salsa were addicting. The pizza was very tasty. The pasta always curbed my cravings. There was always cold cuts for a sandwich. The desserts put on about 5 extra pounds during the week. It was all wonderful. The beach was very nice. It is where the Atlantic and Caribbean meet so the waters are calmer and very blue. No rocks or shells to cut your feet or waves to drown you. Must Do: The MAMA JUANA. ask them at the bar for it. that's all I have to say about that :) The Ambar will have our reservation for next spring as the 4 of us have decided to make this place our annual reunion destination.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ladylynne
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Lyn,

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen our Resort for your second trip to Punta Cana. It is a real compliment for us to know that you have decided to make this place your annual reunion destination.

Jorge, Marcos, Bianca and Desiree will be delighted to know that they are making a difference in each guest experience.

Looking forward to seeing you next spring!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I have travelled extensively during the last 15 years, (we are in our 70's) sometimes at all-inclusive resorts and other times I acted as my own travel agent and booked flights, hotels and transfers myself. Of the all-inclusive hotels I've visited in Central and South America including the Caribbean the Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar is at the top of the list. We visited from March 23rd to the 30th and my only regret is we didn't take a side trip to Santo Domingo (I'm a bit of a history buff) but hopefully on a visit next year that can be corrected. The quality and variety available at the main buffet dining room, The Palmyra, is so extensive there is really no need for the others. I'm fussy about liquor so I was pleased to see the lobby bar had a supply of Johnnie Walker Black Label scotch and good quality gin. I don't drink the sweet fruity drinks so I don't know about the rest. The beach area is outstanding.
I would like to see management enforce a "dress code" in the evening as wearing a baseball cap while dining speaks volumes about your manners.

Management was visible at various times of the day and I agree with this concept as it tends to keep the staff "on their toes" and demonstrates to the guests that you're available. Bear in mind this resort should not be compared to North American Hyatt or Four Seasons facilities but it is in the top five or ten percent of resorts in the Caribbean.
My only complaint is with the al a carte service policy that seems to rush the guests to order too quickly and thus detracts from the overall dining experience.

Room Tip: Our room was located on the ground floor in building number 60 and , close to the pool and I would try to reserve that building on another visit.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank NBF
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are extremely proud to know that our Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar is at the top of the list of all-inclusive hotels you have visited in Central and South America, including the Caribbean.

Please allow us to state that your opinion is not consistent with the score given. We kindly ask you to verify this failure.

Hope to see you next year and be able to take a side trip to Santo Domingo.

Best regards,