“Little bit of paradise”

Ranked #89 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Ottawa, Canada
“Little bit of paradise”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Wow! What a beautiful place to stay in the Dominican.

This was the first time we stay at the Caleton Villas and we were totally impressed! We travelled with a group of our friends for a getaway. Every staff member in the resort area was very polite, professional and helpful. The villa was beautiful, neat and tidy. We were all awestruck by the open air living concept and the views of the water. (The water colour really is jaw-dropping!) All of the bedrooms at the villa were massive with on-suites that did not disappoint! The rooms were quiet and had individual air conditioning units so you could keep them at a temperature that you preferred. Everything was kept so neat and tidy! I walked the golf course with my husband so I could take pictures and I was not disappointed. A lot of amazing views! We did visit the restaurant at Eden Roc which was stellar. The service was impeccable and the food was amazing! The beach at Cap Cana is also a must visit. The sand is kept very clean and the water was great and so is the bar service! (Highly recommend the Margaritas!)

The resort is only located about 10 minutes from the airport so no long shuttle rides. Yes, this is an expensive place to visit but worth every penny!

A special thank-you to Roberto, Zamora, Santa, Frankie and Nicolas for making our stay so special!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Labby4848

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Allentown, New Jersey
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was my fifth trip to the Cap Cana area and my second stay at the Caleton Villas. The occasion was an annual golf trip with 3 co-workers. This year we rented an oceanfront villa.
Let me just say that the colors here are just jaw-dropping. I just kept saying how beautiful it was. We were on the 17th hole of Punta Espada looking out at the blue-blue sea. Imagine the perfectly manicured green grass contrasting with the white coral waste bunkers with the blue sea with the white explosions as waves crashed into the black rock coast. This place drops my blood pressure by 20 percent. It's like some type of meditation.
The living areas are all outdoors and oriented towards the view. The butler we had was an excellent cook and we feasted on fresh local fruit constantly. The 3 sleeping areas are all locked and secure and cool and comfortable. My bedroom even had a private outdoor shower and tub.
The villa itself comes with a private pool and guests have privileges at the Caleton Beach Club which was about 200 yards away. The beach and water and pool at the club are all excellent.
You do have to get used to occasional visitors to the common area such as cleaners and pool service. There is no door for them to knock on. All were very friendly and warm. We found that keeping the fans running kept mosquitos at bay. If you or your wife freaks out at insects or small lizards, be advised that some do visit the lights at night. This is outdoor living except for the bedrooms.
Again, this place is expensive. It's worth every penny. I think it would be perfect for 3 couples or a family gathering.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Chillmann
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We visited Cap Cana last May, I had not been in the Dominican Republic in 10 years, and I was really surprised on the level of Cap Cana. It is expensive but is worth it! Great accomodations, great beach, pool, we loved it! The service was excellent!! We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank PabloCPenaloza
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had a reservation at the Eden Roc, for 9 days but was not open yet, so they ask if d-ont mind to stay 3 nigths at the bungalows at Caleton, we accepted, the bungalows where really an experience thet you will not find in the caribean, big and almost in the water with a little private beach. the we moved to the Eden Roc, our double suite with pool was fantastic, a little bit pricy but when you see the amenities and the pool and bathroom you understend that you are in one of the best rooms in the caribean, i have being at the Capjuluca in Anguila, a fantastic Hotel, but cost de double and the rooms are not even comparable with the rooms of the Eden Roc. The food at the Palapa restaurant of Eden Roc, was simply fantastic. We will come back in december.

Room Tip: If you go to the bungalows chose the number 1, if you go to the Eden Roc the 31.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank roberto f
Houston
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Magical, Quiet, Beautiful Private Beach! Great Food! Service Beyond Belief!! The Employees go out of their way, and i mean out of their way to make sure Anything you want or need or don't even expect is there for you! We were lucky enough to stay in a Bungalow. Beautiful 1200 Square feet. No Shoe-box. High Ceilings, Beautiful grand Porch/Patio, right upon the cliff with ocean waves hitting the rocks. Walk off the porch, only few steps, look down, there's the ocean, take staircase down and voila. On your own private beach! Or opt to take your own private golf cart. Nice Big Comfy beach chairs, with flag, if needed, for service. We never needed!

I researched for five months. Sanctuary seemed kinda cheezy to me. Oscar's place seemed too "housie" for my liking. I was looking for a place with the flavor and feel of the local.
I definitely made the best decision and would do it again in a heartbeat. Even if you are not a "pool" person, which i totally understand, you will love the pool, its gorgeous, clean and manicured with the property to perfection. With Mexico being questionable these days, I ventured out. I was also thinking Puerto Rico, after meeting others on our trip, three had been. They told me they thought the beaches were prettier in the Dominican. That made my day. Key factors i researched: turquoise water, white sand, private, quiet, quality food, with a kick of class, relaxed feel, clean, no screaming kids, and for sure no thumping music! Slice Of Heaven!

I hear the Villas are beautiful. Eden Roc is brand new, was not completed, but in progress. Eden Roc is a short distance across a road. We snuck into a unit, well a few actually, and they are super nice. Not on the beach, around 800 Square Feet, brand spanking new and beautiful.

This was a once in a lifetime experience, and one I will never forget!

Thanks to Alejandra, Hakim, Zeek, Joel (Joelle), & La Palapa Manager. Sorry, drawing a blank right now!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Izzybella2
Montreux, Switzerland
Reviewed June 22, 2012

If you want just to relax, and being in the most beautifull beach of Punta Cana and have tehe possibility to have the best restaurant nearby, this is your place.

Room Tip: Room 1 is the one I like more
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Carron2
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We just returned from our trip and it was great. I was traveling with my husband, our two children (ages 2 & 4) and my parents. The villas are very well appointed and the bedrooms are spacious. The living room, dining area and kitchen are open which allows for a great breeze. Since the kitchen is open to the elements the cabinets are a little worn. But everything was Clean. No mold in the bathroom and the pool was cleaned every morning. The pool and hot tub were a great size, no need to go to the main pool or the kids pool located behind the main building in front of the beach. The beach was nice as well. Soft sand, no seaweed, small waves. Great for the kids. Very private. Enough chairs, hammocks and beds for all. One could easily walk to the beach but since we have kids we always used our carts and parked them by the Palapa restaurant. (had good grouper at restaurant.) Massages by the beach were good and the sound of the surf was blissful. Our butler, Sandy, was great. He prepared breakfast and lunch and even brownies for the the kids. Sometimes we were so full from our late lunch that we didnt go out to dinner. He prepared everything from steak, fish, shrimp to lobster. My 4 year old now loves red snapper. Keep in mind that you must pay for the groceries in cash. We rented an additional golf cart and made a couple of trips to the marina. The marina is nice and tranquil. It has a small market, restaurants, gelato shop and some retail stores. All in all it was a nice getaway. Where I got to relax and do nothing. They even did the laundry so I returned with clean clothes
that made unpacking a breeze. FYI they give you complementary bug spray but it contains deet, I brought an all natural
spray that worked just fine. I will
definitely return and recommend to all.

• Stayed April 2012